PDA

View Full Version : low vis on atr42

khurram butt
28th Jan 2012, 07:00
Can anybody give me specific procedures for atr 42 low vis takeoff. Any web site or airline specific. Will be grateful.

JIC
28th Jan 2012, 10:03
What are you looking for? Minima, procedures?

Where I work we can depart with minimum 125 m rvr. And land i cat II conditions.

It the captain who is to do the t/o when lvp are in force. The Fo flies down to minima from where the captain takes over to land. If no contact the fo do the go around.

PT6A
28th Jan 2012, 12:29
Its in the FCOM, ATR procedure is that as stated above... A "monitored approach"

khurram butt
28th Jan 2012, 16:32
thanks JIC. are there any specific abort items you have for a low vis takeoff? do you have any specific procedure like putting the localizer frquency for getting the reference on the EADI ?

PT6A
28th Jan 2012, 17:23
As I said..... It's in the FCOM......

JIC
28th Jan 2012, 22:18
No we don't have it for the departure system wise other than what the the MEL says and of course the runway lighting/marking, LVP must be in force and the captain has carried out at least one LVP t/o within the previous 6 month.

During apch we try to sort out the problems if we are above 800' agl. but below 800' we go around and fix the thing. If we can;)

We are only allowed to fly a cat II apch if the AP is working.

Should we have an engine failure before we start the apch we are allowed to do a cat II apch.

BrasiliaCaptain
29th Jan 2012, 00:20
I know many ATR crews brief that thew will abort for any abnormalities prior to reaching V1 except EFIS COMP (when the weather is good).

If this is a part of your takeoff briefing, I would recommend excluding it prior to a low visibility takeoff.

As far as tuning the localizer, that depends largely on the specific departure procedure, your company procedures, and/or your engine-out procedures.

PT6A
29th Jan 2012, 00:41
They should not be briefing this! ATR specifically forbid it... EFIS comp must be out prior to takeoff....

I know certain airports can cause a few problems... But that said it is NOT an approved procedure.....