PDA

View Full Version : C208 chute ops YRED

rocket66
27th Jan 2012, 03:52
Hi all,

Does anyone have any info (ie. contact people, what they are like to work for, if they need drivers, pay etc) on the C208 at redcliffe rego VH-DZZ? Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated.:ok:

Thanks in advance

Rocket

MCKES
27th Jan 2012, 04:49
Go talk to them in person. They give a lot of new pilots a start on turbines. You will need to do your endo with them, and they will give you ICUS as required. Generally hours are high if your full time, pay is low. But may be considered a great start for some. Have had a few friends fly for this company most have had good experiences.

rocket66
27th Jan 2012, 05:21
Thanks MCKES, I have asked before but that was a while ago (I think when Al Mcvinish was with them). I understand they ask you to pay for the endo and ICUS and then that is drip fed back to you over X amount of months. I would have gone down and asked but nobody has been around for a while due to the lovely wx we are having in bris.:sad:

Rocket

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2012, 00:48
Gees, a kiwi asking about pay? Thought you'd do it for nothing bro? :}

sarge75
30th Jan 2012, 02:19
Turbine endorsement, budget around $6000 all up.

They do a lot of ICUS and it's not paid but will make you a better pilot.

I'd suggest those with 400 odd hours plus with an instrument rating send an email to [email protected]

They have C208's in Cairns, Mission beach, Redcliffe and Byron Bay.

Ed. you'd do well to find out the senior pilots name and make sure your CV is presented well and you use spell check!

j3pipercub
30th Jan 2012, 02:32
Three words KGH, Jetstar New Zealand.

They do a lot of ICUS and it's not paid but will make you a better pilot.

All depends who is doing the ICUS, pack a crash helmet just to be sure.

Who runs the van out of Toogoolawah these days? I hear it is all yellow and called Homer. Did Macca and McVinnish finally have that long awaited falling out?

j3

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2012, 04:24
Haha oh dear you appear to be tragically misinformed

Dood, as thé dood that used to hire some pilots at drop zones a while back, there was one thing that was a constant, kiwis offering to fly for free.

Not havin' a crack at ya KGH, just don't come out here and fly for free!

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2012, 04:30
j3, I heard Macca bought his own van using the government tax breaks that were around during the GFC.

Be interesting to see if any of Big Al's vans pass through Toogoolahwarr (as Al calls it) anymore? Whether he's allowed to use the strip anymore?

Knowing Al, there would have been a falling out when the van was bought!!

notaplanegeek
1st Feb 2012, 05:22
That company is currently in dispute with their employees for not paying super or award wages, sham contracting etc. 6K for a van endo is about right, but why would you pay that when you could do it for less than $1,500? I don't know.

Don't say someone didn't tell you!

On the flip-side there is some great flying to be had at YRED and the people who work there are a super awesome bunch.

sarge75
1st Feb 2012, 10:35
Conpany doesn't do endorsements, Al does.

Jack Ranga
1st Feb 2012, 22:05
Conpany doesn't do endorsements, Al does.

Don't tell em that. They'd never get any drivers, Al doesn't do the endorsements, he provides the aircraft and you pay him. You pay the instructor separately.

Al does the ICUS (dunno about Redcliffe) now there's a story to tell your grandkids. 'Did I ever tell you about the 30 hours ICUS I did with Big Al............'

sarge75
1st Feb 2012, 22:38
Al no longer does the ICUS

MCKES
2nd Feb 2012, 01:00
I must just say something here.... I did mention ICUS earlier, and a lot of people are mentioning ICUS as well.... None of these places to my knowledge have an AOC. So It cant really be ICUS, Because as far as I know ICUS is for use between two company pilots under an AOC. I may certainly be wrong and im off now to check but that was the understanding.

lk978
2nd Feb 2012, 01:26
I have flown with al a bit over the years with all the bad things people say about him... I have never had a problem with him... might have been lucky or he just hated me that much he didn't care how i flew but he didn't punch me

zac21
2nd Feb 2012, 03:11
('Did I ever tell you about the 30 hours ICUS I did with Big Al............' )

No, but I would like to know Jack!! :E

gretzky99
2nd Feb 2012, 03:27
'Did I ever tell you about the 30 hours ICUS I did with Big Al............'

Yeh, brings back memmories. Nothing like being on final at 300' with you hands on your head! Even the fuel runs from Toogoolawah to in the ute were an adventure. I'm sure J3 would agree:}

Jack Ranga
3rd Feb 2012, 10:57
('Did I ever tell you about the 30 hours ICUS I did with Big Al............' )

Mate you wouldn't believe the sh!t I could tell about this :) It was priceless................

None of these places to my knowledge have an AOC. So It cant really be ICUS, Because as far as I know ICUS is for use between two company pilots under an AOC.

Mate, no point checking rule books here, rules don't apply to skydive operators, and certainly not to the big Alster!!

I have flown with al a bit over the years with all the bad things people say about him... I have never had a problem with him

Yep, I've known a few blokes that haven't had a problem with Al.....;)