PDA

View Full Version : Rotana Jet

FlyTCI
27th Jan 2012, 01:52
I've heard some whispers that Rotana Jet out of OMAD has closed closed up shop. Anyone here who knows if there's any truth to that?

EDIT: Well, I just found this BlueSky Business Aviation News - blueskynews.aero (http://www.blueskyexecutiveaviation.co.uk/issue_160/airvod_secures_deals_with_rotana+privatair.htm) which was published this week, so it appears those were false whispers.

Carry on..

mutt
27th Jan 2012, 07:31
Heard them landing in Riyadh last night. .

Mutt

FlyTCI
27th Jan 2012, 07:42
Thanks Mutt.

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Jan 2012, 10:02
Knwo the guys well, and not had a panic call from them.

Glf

Solvieg
29th Jan 2012, 09:40
They are still operating and getting bigger:ok:

desertwest
26th Feb 2012, 15:09
Anyone else get this? Does anyone know what the schedules will be like during your on-duty cycle? UAE regs require 8 days off per calendar month, correct? I assume you get that? How many outstation overnights per month? Is it possible to live in Dubai, or is everything a day-trip?

Thank you for your interest in joining Rotana Jet Aviation.

I am pleased to advise you that you have been ‘short listed’ for a position of:

Pilot EMB-145 Regional Jet

The general Pay and Conditions are as shown below.

I wish to bring to your attention the change to the previously advertised salary. The salary has now been fixed in Emirati Dirhams and it is believed to represent current market conditions.

Captains & First Officers
EMB-145 (50 seat) Scheduled Domestic (UAE) Operations
Single status (No Family Benefits)
56 days on / 28 days off rotation
Training during month off
Airline ticket home provided for each rotation
Shared accommodation provided in Abu Dhabi (3 bedroom apartment)
Captain salary 30,000 AED / Month (Approx. $8,161 USD)
FO salary 20,000 AED / Month (Approx. $5,440 USD)
No Per Diem for domestic operations
First rotation off will be scheduled to fall in-line with existing crew schedule

If this position remains of interest to you, please advise me as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Feb 2012, 07:40
I live in the area and know the company, but not 100% the new operation.

The EMB is to operate the new contract, which also is a feeder for the Etihad operation out of Abu Dhabi.

So most operations will be GCC not UAE operations, this raises a question as to per diems. is GCC considered domestic. There is very little demand for internal UAE feeders.

Living in Dubai, would be possible, but as the operation is Abu Dhabi, then I would think, as I know the road well, be a dangerous option. (FOG and DRIVING STANDARDS).

I do not know the accomodation provided, so can not comment. Shared.? does this suggest 1 room per crew or viaal per crew.? make your own assesment.

Rotations on off duty are very good.

Training in OFF periods is also quite common, especially with the work load involved with a scheduled service, and low crew levels.

FTL, I have no idea as to the working day, but the GCAA should insist on a firm FLT, rest period OFF time, as this should be a scheduled service.

Salary, low but typical of current market.

Overnights out down the line, I would suspect very few, if any on this specific operation.

You will if not already holding a GCAA, Licence, Medical, UAE Visa, and UAE ID card. GCAA check ride. No sims in Dubai.
Then bank account, driving licence.
All this takes time, so perhaps 2 months should be allowed before on line.

Welcome to sandy bottom, great place to work, and the line management in Rotana are good guy(s).

glf

mutt
28th Feb 2012, 12:30
I heard that they use a G450 for VIP services, but the ERJ would be used for lo-cost flights, if this was the case, living in DXB wouldnt work.

Mutt

desertwest
7th Mar 2012, 06:50
Thanks for the input, guys. I have had several conversations with the DO and it seems their upper management is able to get things expedited with GCAA. Not sure about the 145 needing GCAA certifcation though since many, many 135BJ's operate out of UAE. In fact, my GCAA type rating is issued as an "EMB135/145" because it is (aside from the fuel system and seating) the same airplane. I intend to head over there, partly based on the lack of negative things I can find about them. That's definitely a good thing!

international hog driver
7th Mar 2012, 10:14
A good mate of mine is there on the 450, not a bad word.

There is much worse out there in the ME, thankfully I got out a while back.:E