PDA

View Full Version : SFT

Send Clowns
9th Nov 2001, 19:16
For the information of SFT groundschool students who are currently mid-module there will be a meeting on Monday 12th November at 0830 in the groundschool building. Subject to agreement on a few outstanding financial details, and subject to sufficient interest from students willing to pay associated costs a provisional agreement has been reached with the administrators that should allow the use of the groundschool facilities for a further 3 weeks. Tuition will be provided for free by members of the instructional staff. I will be teaching from Tuesday.

On the subject of the sale of the company the administrator could not for obvious reasons of commercial sensitivity be drawn on details. However he still seemed very positive, and assured staff and students in a meeting that he had recieved several calls from genuine interested parties. He even seemed hopeful of multiple reasonable bids, which would produce the best outcome for all concerned.

All the best to everyone involved.

R

Flying Farmer
9th Nov 2001, 20:24
:mad:
Send Clowns, hope your ok.
Nice to see something done to finish off remaining students all be it at extra cost to those involved, some honourable people still about.
Tell me something though, the meeting we all had, about 5 weeks ago when we were assured by company employees that all was fine, not to worry and that ALL repeat ALL, student money was in seperate accounts and safe.
How do you now feel about that as an ex employee. As students with a lot of money invested I feel we have been lied to, decieved and generally led down the garden path. To say I'm angry is an understatement, I'm f-----g fuming but then you live and learn.
Colin if you read this I hope you're proud of yourself, you've just made 2 small kids christmas very grim, dare say you'll be over it by then!!!
If I've upset anyone with this post, wanna know something I don't give a damn.
BTW Nav exam OK, think you did a good job with our group.
All the best,
Flying Farmer.

Get knocked down,get up,dust down,get on with it.

QUERY
10th Nov 2001, 00:12
A search on Send Clowns, who may be well- intentioned, would confirm an absence of authority, or any claim, to represent anyone and, also, persistent naivety.
It is curious and suspicious that NOBODY (management, administrator etc.) who claims to be currently in charge of the affairs of SFT (an organisation Clowns claims is profitable !), or the moderator, seems to have posted -either to refute any of the rumours and associated concerns and criticisms or just to clarify their position.
Why not?
It is best to be open-minded but wouldn't it be fair to conclude that SFT is now history?

rolling circle
10th Nov 2001, 04:33
"It is curious and suspicious that NOBODY (management, administrator etc.) who claims to be currently in charge of the affairs of SFT (an organisation Clowns claims is profitable !), or the moderator, seems to have posted -either to refute any of the rumours and associated concerns and criticisms or just to clarify their position."

On the contrary, anyone who is anyone in this sorry affair has far more important things to do than to pander to the whims of a nonentity like you.

"It is best to be open-minded but wouldn't it be fair to conclude that SFT is now history?"

No, it would be extremely stupid. But then, perhaps, that is not altogether surprising, all things considered.

QUERY
10th Nov 2001, 05:52
How dare you, when Wannabes say they were misled and have lost loadsamoney?

I may be a nobody and stupid because I cannot comprehend why Clowns 'profitable' business went into administration.
However, it isn't just me, or me at all (I had and lost nothing with SFT). I did visit SFT years ago and felt it was a slack school but so what? It may have become much better, or worse, since then.

The fact is that Flying Farmer- see above- and many other customers on the SFT No Longer? topic have posted what seem to be justified and specific grievances against SFT (mis)management to which there have been NO official responses on PPRuNe. Clowns & Co. advocate SFT training but would a Chartered Accountant advise a private client to pay anything to a company in administration?

Are all the apparently angry, misled and poorer creditors wrong, or lying, about the SFT (mis)management? Why not tell us?

Isn't it more likely to be a lack of credible answers, rather than time, which inhibits their response?

If there are sufficient funds available, to meet all the creditors' claims, why won't they say and pay?

P.S. I do genuinely feel sorry for Clowns, who seems to be a sucker, not a shark, in this unfortunate situation at SFT.

Flying Farmer
10th Nov 2001, 12:58
:mad:
Thanks for the replies, seems to have gone very quiet out there, from some quarters.

Thought someone might have posted to say I misunderstood what we were told a few weeks ago, but then having spoken to a few of the lads at same said meeting, they all seem to be under the same impression as me. Funny that, seems 40+ students all misheard.

Come on, I lay down a challange, someone tell me I'm wrong, that we wern't given those assurances. Come on someone call me a liar, question my credability, tell me and all the other students we're wrong.

Madder than hell now and looking for satisfaction.

To all the people I've met in the last year at SFT, chins up, keep the dream alive, in 5 years time at 30000 feet we might even wonder what all the fuss was about.

FF

captaindeakin
11th Nov 2001, 23:52
I'm fairly new to hand-on flying - Passed my PPL about three months ago. After 12 months hard work!

I don't have any real intentons to go commercial as I see it to be a very expensive and far too much hard work (for my little brain anyway).

I really admire my dedicated instructors whom have moved from very good jobs, some holding degree qualifications, with the intention of flying me to lovely destination throughout the world as one of those 200-500 back seat passengers.

Farmer, I do hope you can put this situation behind you. You have made it here (more guts than me).

There are a number of air school articles whether true or not - they all have/had good intentions, unfortunately all industry's are being affect someway or another. No much help I know, but it's true.

You still have the dedication and keep it up.

WE NEED YOU!

Yours faithfully,

One of many pleasure flying PPL'S and holiday makers.

[ 11 November 2001: Message edited by: Extreme Danger ]

[ 11 November 2001: Message edited by: Extreme Danger ]