PDA

View Full Version : Schweizer 269/300C M/R Dampers Wanted

FLY 7
24th Jan 2012, 12:12
We are fully refurbishing a lovely '89 S300c.

It had been in storage for 10 years and all is done - looking superb - but the engineer can't get the final t&b satisfactory. The issue seems to be the M/R Dampers, which have 'gone off' through non-use, and he has recommended sourcing three new ones.

Does anyone have three really good, newish, matching units, with all the paperwork? Or, know of someone who might?

Part no. is 269A 1290-3

thanks

jeepys
24th Jan 2012, 13:39
There was an ad in the latest eBook sent out by Online Helicopter Trader.com for a load of 269C parts available. May be worth having a look.

Go to their website and on the home page there is an icon at the bottom to view the eBook.

Good luck.

FLY 7
24th Jan 2012, 17:25
Thank you for the thought jeepys - but they don't have them.

Any other options appreciated new or used - including renting a set for a short period

thanks

pitot212
24th Jan 2012, 18:15
Have you tried Nick at Caseright? Last time I was there they had a couple of Irish machines sitting in the corner definitely not going anywhere.

FLY 7
24th Jan 2012, 19:25
thanks, will try Nick, I did buy a Canadian 300c off him a few years ago.

pitot212
24th Jan 2012, 19:41
And a very nice machine too! Now soaking up the sunshine:ok:

If all else fails I am sure Reny at Heli Holland will have a set.

Spunk
25th Jan 2012, 06:34
Just out of curiosity: Did you ask your service center respectively HSI/Sikorsky or is the lead time on the dampers as ridiculous as for the some other spare parts.

The reason why I'm asking is that ours are due in 200 hours.

FLY 7
25th Jan 2012, 08:19
Usual supplier has quoted 60 days - although news s generally vague.

Understand that the part no (269A 1290-3) is actually for one damper.

FLY 7
27th Jan 2012, 09:46
Still looking - problem seems to be the 'lead time' for new parts, although I'm sure someone, somewhere will have a new set sitting on a shelf.

Would consider s/h but my engineer is paranoid about the history and documentation.

He suggested Australia / New Zealand, where 300s are popular. Any potential suppliers out that way?

thanks

FLY 7
9th Apr 2012, 14:46
A 'Damper' update, for those interested:

- Fortunately, my original -1 Dampers are now fine. Bit of a mystery, but it seems unused Dampers can lose their memory and it takes a while to restore.

- Neither Lord (the maunufacturers), Sikorsky, or anyone else, re-furbishes used Dampers

- New Dampers are in short supply, although the Factory say they will be delivering some to their service agents after April

- Cost new is over US$4,000 each !!!

- However, I know that Nick Tarratt at Caseright UK has three used -3s (650 hrs) at a good price, and Andrew Harvey at AH Helicopters has a very low hr -3 Damper for sale.

rotornut
13th Apr 2012, 17:18
Aviation Overload - lots of 300 parts:

AOG Heliservices (http://www.aogheliservices.com/history.html)