PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Regional

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mart901
22nd Jan 2012, 15:13
EI-CBK was transfered to Dublin on 20/01/12 PM and its first commercial flight in new colours was to Ronaldsway! Some good pics on flickr, be great to see whats been done inside!

Ground1
22nd Jan 2012, 19:57
Am I right in hearing that all Aer Arann flights will operate under Aer Lingus Regional as of this June?

Ground1
25th Jan 2012, 14:56
EI-R to start a 5th daily flight to DUB in May and 2nd ORK later in the year from GLA.

mart901
25th Jan 2012, 23:40
Does anyone know have any more aircraft gone in for refit?

love this pic....

Aer Lingus Regional (Aer Arann) Aerospatiale ATR42-300 EI-CBK | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/6736870579/in/photostream/)

canberra97
26th Jan 2012, 04:15
It is a shame that Aer Lingus Regional are not considering flights to SOU especially from Cork as this was an origional Aer Arran flight, I am sure it could be a success if restarted especially under the Aer Lingus brand.

RE-tard
26th Jan 2012, 09:14
BYO is currently with Eirtech, went in over the weekend so should be out next week.

REX

Skipness One Echo
26th Jan 2012, 09:42
Just to be clear, will the company be operating any flights in it's own colours and codes or is the whole operation going to be sold as Aer Lingus?

NABLAG
26th Jan 2012, 13:23
All rumours suggest all services will be under the Aer Lingus Regional banner.
Aer Arann/Aer Lingus have not announced anything yet. I would think they will do this before the summer schedule starts ???

mart901
26th Jan 2012, 17:24
If BYO is in for painting etc now then its likely they are being done one by one, I suppose there is no point announcing anything until they are ready to rock and roll with a full fleet. Wonder will we see EIR at GLY and WAT? Interesting to see what W flight EIR do from BHX as the SNN flight in summer looks like it goes off somewhere else before returning to SNN.

revo
26th Jan 2012, 23:18
Yes this Shannon detail was pointed out to me

It arrives at BHX at 0850 and departs 1310 so looks like something will be put in between

Revo

BHD2BFS
26th Jan 2012, 23:55
I doubt it will be going to Belfast or Southend more likely knock

cornishsimon
27th Jan 2012, 00:07
Hopefully we will see RE/EI regional at NQY at some stage soon, there is certainly a need for a DUB service

cs

mart901
27th Jan 2012, 06:58
I'm thinking its the wrong end of the day for a BHX-BFS flight, unless they are just going for a mid morning run but it would seem daft not to offer a more business friendly timing. More I think about it more likely it is going to be NOC or some other regional Irish route. They may very well see WW's situation as the opportunity to get in and any new owner may very well say adios to the route to concentrate on other things.

Flightrider
27th Jan 2012, 07:52
If the ATR42s and the remaining white ATR72s are being painted green, does anyone know if the interiors are being upgraded at the same time? Have flown on a 42 and a white 72 recently and the cabins were an absolute disgrace both in terms of maintenance issues and cleaning. Both were disgusting and looked like they had not seen a proper deep clean in months together with various bits of tray tables, cabin trim missing, seat covers ripped.....not pleasant.

mart901
27th Jan 2012, 08:43
Flightrider...

To my knowledge EI-CBK has had interior refurb and seats replaced with vibration absorbing ones, don't know if thats leather covered??? I would have thought most of the fleet needed similar treatment. EI-CPT was in a dire state when I flew on it. I don't suppose EI would allow such tatty aircraft to fly under their banner.

EI-BUD
27th Jan 2012, 09:22
The suggestion of a BFS BHX service with EIR/AerArann has been kicking about for ages, does anybody actually in the know have anything to say about this, or is more wishful thinking talked about to the extent that it seems it is a certainty?

EI-BUD

mart901
27th Jan 2012, 09:30
It would be nice if they did but unless they base an a/c in BFS I can't see it somehow. Surely they would want business friendly timings and thats nigh on impossible without doing so.

aeulad
28th Jan 2012, 15:00
Bournemouth thread is saying EIr to start 6xweekly DUB summer 2012, AT4. Anyone back this up? Are they planning any other UK destinations?

Kind regards

Mike

CCR
29th Jan 2012, 10:13
canberra97, I think it would more likely that Flybe could offer a Southamption-Cork service.
Since Aer Lingus came on the ORK-LGW route, I think Aer Lingus Regional would be more likely to offer a Cork-London Luton, Southend or even London City service if they based another aircraft in Cork this year.

Bournemouth Air
29th Jan 2012, 23:52
Quote:
1 May start, mid afternoon timings with an ATR72, daily except Saturday
16.00 departure from DUB and 17.30 from BOH. DUB-BRS have being reduced to make way for it.

Nakata77
30th Jan 2012, 01:22
when will it go on sale?

GayFriendly
30th Jan 2012, 09:04
Good news for BOH if true but with those timings you cannot make same day connections to the States as most flights leave DUB in the morning

mart901
30th Jan 2012, 10:25
Yeah I guess they must deem it a leisure market, it should deliver in and outbound. Any word on the W flight from BHX? Im pressuming RE/EI will make some sort of press announcement soon regarding new routes and re-branding.

j41cac
31st Jan 2012, 23:29
Can Aer Arann run something professional rather than savaging things. God knows why Lingus gave them a chance? All they do is canx at the drop of a hat. Embarrassing to say the least:ugh:

shamrock7seal
1st Feb 2012, 08:41
is the Bournemouth thing just a rumour? How come it aint on sale?

Bournemouth Air
1st Feb 2012, 11:59
Online from today and also in local press -

Thats really great news for February

propburner
1st Feb 2012, 19:11
Can't believe Aer Lingus allow these 42 fly under there flag, a paint job is not going to change these old aircraft, Arann craft are always tech and letting people down this is common....if and when Aer lingus is sold I can't see Aer Arann lasting might be fuel savers for lingus but if tech issues keep happening this will hit Aer Lingus brand.:ugh:

Rivet Joint
1st Feb 2012, 19:45
Havn't Aer arann ot outstandin orders for 72-500's? They could replace the old 42's?

EI-WAT
1st Feb 2012, 22:26
BYO is currently with Eirtech, went in over the weekend so should be out next week.

From what I saw today BYO is still in the White with Green Aer Arann writing so no Aer Lingus Regional paint for it

mart901
1st Feb 2012, 23:06
To my knowledge RE we're not planning to refit any more a/c in their own colours but if they have that would suggest some future for the brand - indeed BYO was in blue livery before.

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2012, 14:55
booked flights two weeks ago for later this year,and recived an email a few days ago informing me of a change in flight times. i hope this isnt a sign of things to come.

EI-A330-300
2nd Feb 2012, 15:22
There summer 2012 schedule was published yesterday when they added and increased services. Should be no more changes to times.

RE-tard
2nd Feb 2012, 16:45
The rumor network says BYO will go green before the summer season.

Unlike the other recent RE aircraft, no green engines or tail markings and has Aer Lingus grey on the belly (EHH, REH & REI do not have this).

RE

j636
9th Feb 2012, 11:45
Aer Lingus unlikely to reintroduce Cork-Dublin route, says CEO | Irish Examiner (http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/aer-lingus-unlikely-to-reintroduce-cork-dublin-route-says-ceo-183201.html#.TzOSUXfbNBs.twitter)

Some good points about EI regional

dublinaviator
9th Feb 2012, 12:47
They could make a ORK-DUB route if it was run on their own metal though, where they would retain 100% of the revenue. There is clearly a lot of connecting traffic going from Cork to Heathrow to the USA that could be going via Dublin. Whatever loss in revenue they may suffer from the ORK-LHR route, would be easily outweighed by the gains they'd get on their DUB-USA routes where the real money is.

shamrock7seal
9th Feb 2012, 14:33
Hasn't the CEO of Aer Lingus Regional (Aer Arann) just quit? Is this good or bad for the business?

JSCL
9th Feb 2012, 14:47
It could be one step further to a sale to Lingus.

dublinaviator
9th Feb 2012, 14:57
Hasn't the CEO of Aer Lingus Regional (Aer Arann) just quit? Is this good or bad for the business?

Not to be pedantic, but Aer Lingus Regional is just a franchise agreement that in theory could include any number of airlines, Aer Arann is still a fully independent airline.

It could be one step further to a sale to Lingus.

Doubt it, Aer Lingus have said they're not interested in acquiring other airlines. In the case of Aer Arann, part of the reason the Aer Lingus Regional franchise works so well is because of Aer Arann's low cost base, and were Aer Lingus to take them over, Aer Arann would just end up adopting the higher cost base of Aer Lingus.

Who knows why Paul Schutz is resigning, it could well be due to the direction Aer Arann is now going by transferring all flights over to the Aer Lingus Regional franchise. Maybe his vision for the airline conflicted with that of the board, but who knows...

CCR
12th Feb 2012, 11:09
To think just 5 years ago there were 11 flights a day between Aer Arann and Ryanair on the Cork-Dublin route and now 0 flights. Even with the new motorway, there is still a LOT of connecting traffic from Cork that goes via London and Amsterdam that Dublin loses out on, not just transatlantic but also the extensive European network from Dublin is losing out.

dublinamg
12th Feb 2012, 22:02
Interesting article there.

Not sure what the CEO means about routes going back to Aer Lingus (mainline?) as they mature. He said that this had already happened with Edinburgh. But even looking at the schedules for August there is 1 Aer Lingus jet flight as ther has been for the last few years plus 3 Aer Lingus Regional flights. Glasgow is also up to 5 Aer Lingus Regional flights on some days.

What do you think of transferring these routes back to EI. Is the frequency not an important part of the attractiveness or otherwise of the route and how would it be for RE to lose the strongest routes. Obviously freeing up RE aircraft for early morning flights could give better connectivity to USA from other regional UK airports.

Interesting to see the CEO talk of reintroducing Leeds Bradford and East Mindlands - virtually the whole ex Aer Lingus Commuter network if they threw in Newcastle.

Have never been on the EI Regional services. Is the quality/service as good as the regular Aer Lingus flights?

Airbus321-200
12th Feb 2012, 22:07
People can keep saying "bring DUB-ORK back" but it isn't financially viable. Even Aer lingus has said that they are not looking at it. They'd earn more money from flying a pax to london on a profitable route than operating ORK-DUB with a loss.

I'd love to have the route back as i used it several times but driving doesn't bother me now.

I'd like to see Kerry going to an EIR route.

I've flown on Regional services and i'd recommend them. Flights are great on the 72-500's. Crew great and the service is the same as aer lingus mainline.

Ground1
20th Feb 2012, 19:40
If EI-R are increasing services from DUB/ORK/SNN to the UK, they will most certainly have to improve on maintainance. The number of tech faults in recent weeks if not months has been poor. Anyone else experiencing any problems?

jijpc
20th Feb 2012, 20:13
Can't comment on EI-R reliability however RE flights DUB-IOM and IOM-LCY have also suffered delays and they seem to occur on most days of the week.

ryan2000
20th Feb 2012, 21:21
Even with the motor way, a one day return drive from Cork to Dublin is far more tiring than a flight and it costs close to 70 euro in petrol. An early morning and late evening service would also avoid having to overnight in Dublin. I know I'm in a minority but flying beats driving any day!

Cyrano
20th Feb 2012, 21:45
Even with the motor way, a one day return drive from Cork to Dublin is far more tiring than a flight and it costs close to 70 euro in petrol. An early morning and late evening service would also avoid having to overnight in Dublin. I know I'm in a minority but flying beats driving any day!

I'm just curious - have you ruled out the train as an option? It would seem to me that for a one day business trip to Dublin (unless the destination is at or near the airport) it's at least as good an option as a flight.

revo
20th Feb 2012, 23:12
Anything known about the gap in the BHX schedules yet? Shannon flight arriving 0850 and departing 1310 so potential for a route in between

Revo

20th Feb 2012, 23:14
I'm not a fan of driving to Dublin either, especially for a business day trip, but, even if a flight were restored, I'd use the train. You get much more frequency and a fully flexible ticket, plus no security check and WiFi on board.

mart901
20th Feb 2012, 23:34
revo

I would love to know what is coming schedule wise at BHX, I really can't fathom it!

Also like to know where EIR is in terms of repainting aircraft and if indeed the whole RE fleet will be rebranded as people are saying, nothing official from either party that I know of.

Flightrider
21st Feb 2012, 07:34
It's a daily BHX-NOC operation which sits in the gap. Surprised it has not been announced yet.

mart901
21st Feb 2012, 07:46
That will be an interesting one if true - WW have just upped the schedule to 6 weekly and fares from £14.99 o/w. A lot of course does depend on their future owners plans as to whether they remain in the market. It maybe the case EIR are holding fire on that one till they know, so they have the irons ready in the fire so to speak.

Mayfly1
21st Feb 2012, 21:27
Don't see how EI regional going head to head on Birmingham with bmibaby from knock makes makes any sence, a turprop against a 737 offering lower fares?
Also don't forget Ryanair are also daily to East Midlands which is in the same catchment . One one have to suspect they would have to be prepared to fly empty planes on the service

If EI regional think there is business on that route from the West of Ireland then it's also strange why they are still only operating daily services from Shannon to Birmingham through this summer and that's without any competition from BMIBaby or Ryanair! Guess though since it operated at average LF s of 70% on that route in 2011 they won't add any more capacity

OltonPete
21st Feb 2012, 22:09
Mayfly1

I agree, they would be better off returning the BHX flight back to Shannon try and bring forward the SNN-BRS-ORK-BRS-SNN and operate a late evening second flight to BHX. It seems to be the same aircraft and it must be still possible to consider.

It would require a lot of customer e-mails but I would still think cheaper than operating a half empty ATR.

I agree that load factors have not been brilliant but respectable and double daily might stimulate more demand although fares do seem a little low at times.

Pete

Kinocker
22nd Feb 2012, 12:10
It's a daily BHX-NOC operation which sits in the gap. Surprised it has not been announced yet.

I'm guessing they are perhaps having second thoughts. Maybe the Baby and Ryanair capacity increases to BHX and EMA have caused them to have a re-think. With poor planes, punctuality and reliability issues they'd be nuts to take on the existing competition with a mid morning flight from Knock.

lwaw1uk
23rd Feb 2012, 06:04
Anyone know how the bookings are going on the Dublin - Bournemouth - Dublin Flight.

propburner
29th Feb 2012, 19:23
Latest: A further batch of polits have handed in there notice to this failing airline at least 6-10 in the last week as soon as Govt 25% is sold bye bye regional.

BHD2BFS
29th Feb 2012, 19:27
Propburner, wer did you get this information from?

Airbus321-200
29th Feb 2012, 21:52
Considering you didn't spell pilots correctly i'm going to assume your infomation is questionable. Yes pilots leave..... it happens. It's called staff turnover. Generally in my experience pilots leave in groups to australia or the middle east.

PS propburner - i've just had a look at all you recent posts. 90% are related to putting Aer Arann down. If you work for them... Leave. If you have a gripe with them... take it up with them. You obviously have an issue with them.

I wish them ever sucess now and in the future.

propburner
29th Feb 2012, 23:16
@ Mr AIRBUS, Maybe I do have a gripe but fact people are leaving this badly run company over the past 6-12mts and I wonder why? Look I know the workings of this company from a insider view and yes maybe I am one to leave soon but hey I would rather have a better job with a company who respects there staff than one which does not.

chuboy
1st Mar 2012, 02:32
That is fair enough but consider the people who would not have a job at all if Aer Arann or any other airline went under.

You might be surprised by how much rumours and bad press, wherever circulated, affect the success or failure of an airline...

Lord Gumboil Jnr.
1st Mar 2012, 08:09
I do not pretend to know how Re operates behind the scenes, but I have flown with them from Southend twice in the past 10 months and found it a great experience, much more personal than other airlines. The cabin crew were delightful and the service was great. Long may they continue.

Airbus321-200
1st Mar 2012, 09:19
@propburner - well i understand it's incredibly annoying watching total idiots run an airline ( i have first hand experience ). It was heart breaking watching an airline i worked my backside off for go under due to the decisions of a group of guys more involved in playng the part of management rather than actually managing the company.

Well lets hope your new guy sorts the crap out ( a guy from stobart i think).

Every RE staff member i've met have been top notch!

stab3.5up
1st Mar 2012, 13:49
Its never the staff on the coal face.....its always higher up the food chain that causes the problems. nobodies all wanting to be sombodies and mack a quck buck in the proces that have a lot to answer for

Im sure the staff working for malev, spanair, eirjet, jetmagic ,bcal, danair, aireurope, skynet,gilair,communityexprss ,sabena,swissair etc etc all lovely hard working people!!

But i sometimes think thst airlines seem to have a finite existance. they dont live forever and hard as it may sound they may be better off just being put down rather than been floggex to death.

sworder1976
1st Mar 2012, 17:12
I can see all 3 points beening made from propburner, airbus and stab. First it was the Head of Fianance, Then the CEO and rumour of the Head of Marketing. No body wants to see an airline fail or more poeple join the live register. However yesterday was a signifcant day. When 8-12 % of you coal face pilots handing in their notice in a 12 hour period. Every Joe Soap on the street love Aer Arann the quirky funky hardworking airline. The majority of the workforce however do not. It also gives an idea of how many are looking to jump ship when the opportunity arises. All staff have been treated poorly in the last few years, From driving round the country in hire cars, to being bullied on the phone asking why people would not work into discretion in the middle of the night. Aer Arann were handed not one but 2 life lines in the past 24 months. 1 The Aer Lingus Regional franchise , Which managment are doing everything in their power it seems to mess up.Mueller has already apologised for there poor performance in Cork. Aer Aranns approach, to this paint older less reliable aircraft green. 2 Examinership, Aer Arann wrote off most of its debt bankrupting some small businesses and owing millions to out of pocket creditors. 18 months later no changes or proper cost cutting mesures have been but in place. Operationally they squander money on a daily bases with no accountability. While the fundamentals like aircraft cleaning get cut. Have you seen how dirty them shamrocks get inside and out? Its like a ryanair product without the punctuality. All the same people remain. This is not an Aer Arann bashing post its to try and open some eyes, And maybe get some people to wake up an smell the coffee. I would prefer to see a few people gone instead of the airline getting in trouble, AGAIN. Mr Brogan your swinging the axe, the jugular is still there, right in front of you.

sawtooth
2nd Mar 2012, 02:34
Irish Times confirm RE brand is to cease with announcement of transfer of remaining routes to EIR, DUB-SEN route planned.

Aer Arann to cease flights in its own name - The Irish Times - Fri, Mar 02, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0302/1224312633558.html)

Steviec9
2nd Mar 2012, 09:38
Or not. .....yet.......

‘No agreement’ on deal to end flights under Aer Arann brand · TheJournal.ie (http://www.thejournal.ie/no-agreement-on-deal-to-end-flights-under-aer-arann-brand-371341-Mar2012/)

j41cac
2nd Mar 2012, 13:37
IOM - LCY to go, but why? :ugh:

globetrotter79
2nd Mar 2012, 13:41
IOM - LCY to go, but why?

Most likely because:
(a) Aer Lingus have no interest at all in it
(b) The aircraft is required to operate a new DUB-SEN-DUB route which Aer Arann will "need" to operate to satisfy their Stobart shareholder and this probably being the only new thing that Arann could do into SEN that Lingus would be prepared to put their name to

BHD2BFS
2nd Mar 2012, 14:13
Could this big announcement on tuesday also include the widely rumoured Belfast base?

mart901
2nd Mar 2012, 14:51
The article doesnt say its ending. Its an Irish paper and has detailed routes from Ireland in the article. However, someone from aer arann was interviewed a few months ago and stated the isle of man routes were safe for now - didnt sound terribly long term. Also having a presence at 4 London airports is a bit OTT!

Kinocker
2nd Mar 2012, 18:33
Also having a presence at 4 London airports is a bit OTT!

It would actually be five 'London' airports for EI if all routes are kept.

Heathrow - Dublin, Cork, Shannon, Belfast
Gatwick - Dublin, Cork, Knock
Luton - Waterford
Southend - Dublin, Waterford
London City - IOM

I'm guessing that would make them the only airline to fly to five London airports?

mart901
2nd Mar 2012, 19:17
All thats needed is a Manston route and they will be away lol!

Aero Mad
2nd Mar 2012, 19:47
mart901, you forgot London Oxford and London Ashford :rolleyes:. Please... :)

IslandPilot
2nd Mar 2012, 19:53
How appropriate that the Irish Times photo c.2000 shows POC in the cockpit of an Islander! Whatever happens to the RE/EIR brand name, the Aer Arann name continues in the wesht, unfortunately though now downgraded to an ad-hoc charter operation as the sched licence went to RE/EIR

mikkie4
3rd Mar 2012, 00:27
for those people in the south east who dont want to travel to gat/hrow the re/eir tie up from sen to dub for a usa connection could be a money maker

airnoc
3rd Mar 2012, 11:23
Could this big announcement on tuesday also include the widely rumoured Belfast base?

Where will the extra aircraft come from as there are tight on aircraft to keep the present going due the tech problem they have most days?

AP1995
3rd Mar 2012, 12:50
I can remember a while back reading that they was looking at setting up services to Leeds & East Midlands, does anybody know any info on that?

Jack1985
3rd Mar 2012, 13:16
Just looking at the RE fleet it consists of the following:

Aer Arann:
3 ATR42-300 (Each based at IOM, KIR and WAT)

Aer Lingus Regional:
2 ATR72-200
4 ATR72-500

Three aircraft (1 ATR42-300 and 2 ATR72-200) are used for tech duties/leasing. EI-SLM which was involved in the Shannon incident last July has been repaired but remains stored.

If we look at the proposed streamlining of all Aer Arann operations into Aer Lingus Regional and the expected axing of the Isle of Man route to London-City then the fleet should look like this (Including already planned Aer Lingus Regional expansion in May):

Aer Lingus Regional
2 ATR42-300 (KIR, WAT)
3 ATR72-200
4 ATR72-500

This means at total of 2 ATR42-300 and 2 ATR72-200 become available (this time including EI-SLM).

Usually Airline operators keep one aircraft for tech duties, so if that is the expected case 2 ATR42-300 and 1 ATR72-200 would be available for expansion, this could definitely mean a BFS base or more expansion ex DUB, ORK. The proposed Dublin to London Southend route would require another aircraft but that would still mean 2 aircraft are free for expansion with 1 remaining on tech duties.

Looks like there's exciting times ahead for Aer Lingus Regional. :ok:

PlymouthPixie
3rd Mar 2012, 14:03
Where is EI-SLM stored, are there any images of it around in this condition?

Jack1985
3rd Mar 2012, 15:29
No pictures that i know of, but it has been repaired to my understanding. CH Aviation says it remains stored at Shannon (on repair) CH-Aviation - Airline News, Fleet Lists & More (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php?search=set&airline=AG&al_op=1)

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Mar 2012, 18:04
I would think WAT will be back as an 72 with EI regional taking over, they will increase passenger numbers and I would put money on it being a 72 for part of the coming summer season.

quantumofcheese
4th Mar 2012, 07:44
Aer Lingus Regional Rough Landing Bounce - YouTube

ATR 72-212 EI-SLN had a rough landing at DUB yesterday!

Jamie2k9
4th Mar 2012, 23:56
Have heard some news due this week.

corsair
5th Mar 2012, 16:16
Same here, tomorrow Tuesday apparently. Something about the RE/EI link. Not sure what though.

Ground1
5th Mar 2012, 21:24
Good news hopefully?

Barling Magna
5th Mar 2012, 21:38
On another site someone claims that the new Dublin - Southend route will be announced tomorrow. Perhaps that's the news.....

Jack1985
5th Mar 2012, 22:38
Expect Aer Arann to confirm it will no longer operate its own services and will entirley operate as Aer Lingus Regional, also like above Dublin to London-Southend route to be announced.

BHD2BFS
5th Mar 2012, 22:58
Will Belfast be in the announcement?

EI-WAT
6th Mar 2012, 08:20
Well the DAA have confirmed on twitter that Aer Lingus Regional will be operating a 3 time daily flight to Southend

Barling Magna
6th Mar 2012, 08:27
This should be a winner, even in these difficult times. It will offer people in south east Essex (and there's over a million of them) the benefit of new U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance facilities at Dublin Airport, allowing them to arrive in America as domestic passengers, saving valuable time and hassle on arrival. Providing the fares are competitive this should stop a lot of journeys around the M25 to LHR.....

6th Mar 2012, 08:51
3x daily sounds a lot though.

It's more than is offered to Cardiff.

Barling Magna
6th Mar 2012, 09:02
Yes, but Cardiff isn't London. Southend can probably pull passengers from the East End away from LHR and LGW ás well as drawing passengers from its over one million immediate catchment area, and there should be a good demand from Irish passengers seeking easy and rapid transit to London via SEN's new facilities. Pricing will be vital.

Time will tell.

Cardiff is a great city to visit, by the way!

mart901
6th Mar 2012, 09:03
Cardiff probably could warrant a third daily rotation and it has had it at times but its a difficult market with Bristol a stones throw away. Southend is serving a lot of east anglia and london market and if you are going to look viable as an alternative to say stansted then two flights a day just won't do it.

Ground1
6th Mar 2012, 09:43
Does this mean that EI will then have some level of ownership of RE? Hopefully EI will have more involvement in the maintainance of the ATR aircraft.

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Mar 2012, 10:10
Aer Arann to base an aircraft in SEN to operate DUB.

SEN-DUB - 07.00-08.45 - DUB-SEN - 09.15-10.50
SEN-DUB - 12.55-14.40 - DUB-SEN - 15.10-16.45
SEN-DUB- 17.10-18.55 - DUB-SEN - 19.20-20.55

Operated by an ATR 42.

mathers_wales_uk
6th Mar 2012, 12:08
Seems to look like there could be one or two filler routes in there after the 1st & 2nd rotations.

Going to the comments about the Cardiff route.

Cardiff had 3 x daily Dublin by RE/EI for a few years along with a 1 x Daily Cork and at the beginning of the Cardiff operation a Galway & Lorrient.

Cardiff could and does warrant a 3 x daily Dublin service which will allow more opportunity to connect with Aer Lingus traffic at Dublin. RE/EI has been changing the schedules around for many a year from Cardiff. Take it now for isntance Mon-Thu the last flight from CWL is at 20:45 Fri & Sun is 16:35 Sat 11:35

I am glad to say however that from the summer the schedule will be fixed Mon-Fri.

When the RE/EI franchise agreement was announced they offered times which were very convenient for business traveller to allow a full day at either city and with 3 x daily it allowed for the leisure traveller to have a dinner time flight along with the business traveller only needing to go either direction for a meeting etc.

RE/EI have no competition for such routes at CWL compared with the competition they have with Ryanair at BRS meaning that they will have to charge less from BRS to offer reasonable fares. (Lower Yield). At CWL they can maintain their normal ticket prices and attract a (Higher Yield).

Maybe the ATR72 is slightly too large for 3 x daily but certainly the ATR42 will be ideal for the route. Also RE/EI could bring back the ORK route which did quite well for leisure travellers especially since the ferry service from Swasnea to Cork has now terminated.

mikkie4
6th Mar 2012, 14:56
any idea when tickets go on sale for the SEN/DUB/USA route,have tried end of may but can only get as far as dublin

Cyrano
6th Mar 2012, 16:54
Seems to look like there could be one or two filler routes in there after the 1st & 2nd rotations.

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you're saying, but do you mean between arriving in SEN at 10.50 and leaving again at 12.55? :confused:

Let's see, allowing a 25-minute turnaround:
Arrive SEN 10.50
Depart SEN 11.15, arrive XXX 11.40
Depart XXX 12.05, arrive SEN 12.30
Depart SEN 12.55...

A destination 25 minutes block time from SEN?

Charlie Roy
6th Mar 2012, 19:31
A destination 25 minutes block time from SEN?

Ostend/Bruges? (97 miles, although I believe this to be highly unlikely...)

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=SEN-OST&MS=wls&MR=15&MX=540x540&PM=*

stab3.5up
6th Mar 2012, 19:45
How will this impact sky handling if re becomes 100% aer lingus branded. will they still do ramp coaching dispatch etc or will that go to ei??

Bearcat
6th Mar 2012, 19:47
The 1st Sen rotation to Dub will have pax ready to tx onto the EIN 105 for JFK leaving at 10:45. The 2nd flt to Dub pax will be able to catch the EIN109 to JFk leaving at 17:00 I think.......I'd say they might get good loads for atlantic traffic.?

IslandPilot
6th Mar 2012, 21:54
Quote from Mikkie 4
any idea when tickets go on sale for the SEN/DUB/USA route,have tried end of may but can only get as far as dublin

Possible reason for being unable to book SEN-DUB-USA is that it would incur the iniquitous UK APD Tax. Treated as two separate bookings you only incur the 3 euro Irish APD on the DUB-USA leg and have the advantage of pre-clearance in to the USA at DUB.

Jamie2k9
6th Mar 2012, 22:57
They should be added over the next few days.

Cyrano
7th Mar 2012, 07:41
Possible reason for being unable to book SEN-DUB-USA is that it would incur the iniquitous UK APD Tax. Treated as two separate bookings you only incur the 3 euro Irish APD on the DUB-USA leg and have the advantage of pre-clearance in to the USA at DUB.

With respect, that's not a reason for being unable to book, it's perhaps a reason for choosing to book separate tickets rather than a through ticket (*). Aer Lingus promotes through connections between all their other UK destinations and the US, so there's no reason to expect that this will not be the case here - as Jamie2k9 says, the connecting fares are likely to be loaded over the coming days.

(*) knowing of course that by doing so, one is taking the missed-connection risk.

IslandPilot
7th Mar 2012, 11:14
Cyrano,

Yes, I agree there is a risk in booking 2 separate tickets, it's all about timing, but the saving in UK APD will pay for a night in Bewleys and in the case of a family there should be a big saving

mart901
9th Mar 2012, 17:42
Winter flights now loaded on SEN-DUB, still no USA flights.

Can anyone shine any light on the mysterious gap in service on the BHX- SNN yet? My thoughts are it was earmarked for WAT judging by the timings and flybe have put a spanner in the works.

Airbus321-200
9th Mar 2012, 21:51
It might go SNN-BHX-ORK-BHX-SNN etc.

revo
9th Mar 2012, 23:01
It was originally planned to do Knock in the gap but as baby has increased their service I guess other possibilities are being looked at

Revo

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Mar 2012, 20:59
Its expected that current RE routes will be under EI from 28 October (start of winter schedule)

RE-tard
10th Mar 2012, 22:48
Expect it sooner than that...

MarkD
12th Mar 2012, 05:50
Bearcat does 109 get precleared? I thought USCBP were shut by then - might not be as attractive as the early service.

Any likelihood of an SNN-SEN-SNN rotation to feed 111/135 (flights arr SNN 0600 / dep SNN 1240)? Not as attractive as DUB given the 4w/3w split between JFK/BOS but might give the ability to route SEN-US pax via SNN one way or the other if the US-DUB or DUB-US services happened to be busy and thus cheaper seats no longer available.

Steviec9
12th Mar 2012, 07:38
A SNN rotation would also soak up demand for flights to the mid-west region from London and, possibly, replace the GWY run if RE are circumspect about returning there. The ATR is the perfect size for this, if a bit slow....

Might even be possible to route SEN-DUB-SNN-DUB-SEN. Kills four birds with one stone -

(1) US connections from SEN via DUB
(2) or via SNN if DUB too full etc
(3) brings back connections from SNN to rest of EI network via DUB. Plenty of people I know would rather drive to SNN, park there and check-in through to final destination rather than drive to DUB and pay exorbitant parking fees.
(4) new link to mid-west for UK/Irish pax.

mart901
12th Mar 2012, 08:24
I wonder how RE will work the crewing for SEN? Will it involve nightstopping or people being re-located, or brand new crew I wonder?

Bearcat
12th Mar 2012, 08:41
Mark d, in answer does the 109 get precleared.......your spot on....it doesn't. Having said that delays are minimal for pax clearing immigration at JFK at it sched arrival time in my experience.

Expressflight
12th Mar 2012, 09:01
I'm surprised there is such a delay in getting the US destinations from SEN into the reservation system on the EI website. Surely they would want to attract early transatlantic bookings while the story is still big news in Essex.

Cyrano
12th Mar 2012, 11:37
I'm surprised there is such a delay in getting the US destinations from SEN into the reservation system on the EI website. Surely they would want to attract early transatlantic bookings while the story is still big news in Essex.

I agree. This is 100% speculation on my part, but... the rumour had originally been that the DUB-SEN announcement would coincide with Aer Arann announcing that henceforth all their flying would be under the Aer Lingus branding. That latter part hasn't happened yet (but is perhaps imminent) which makes me think that some details are still being negotiated. Could the prorates on connecting transatlantic fares be part of that negotiation?

Barling Magna
12th Mar 2012, 12:53
In which case London Southend's TV adverts have jumped the gun....

London Southend Airport Television Advertisement March 2012 'Let's Take It Nice And Easy.' - YouTube

MarkD
12th Mar 2012, 19:17
I think the EU should do something about UKAPD. If you want to charge by distance fine, but only on the flight actually to/from your airport (let's be generous and include direct but stopping service). There are surely free market implications to UK imposing the same costs on third countries airport passengers when landing at the intermediate airport and transferring to a new flight even if purchased in a single transaction.

dublinaviator
12th Mar 2012, 19:45
I think the EU should do something about UKAPD. If you want to charge by distance fine, but only on the flight actually to/from your airport (let's be generous and include direct but stopping service). There are surely free market implications to UK imposing the same costs on third countries airport passengers when landing at the intermediate airport and transferring to a new flight even if purchased in a single transaction.

Given that the EU are imposing emission trading schemes on the aviation sector, they wouldn't really be in any position to dictate to the UK that it can't impose an APD, especially when several EU countries including Germany have similar taxes.

MarkD
12th Mar 2012, 19:47
I don't disagree but the UK's is way out of step - harmonisation should be a priority so passengers heading to the EU have a variety of hubs to choose from.

dublinaviator
12th Mar 2012, 20:01
You already have hubs to choose from though. You can fly via London and pay stupidly high APD, or you can fly via Dublin and only pay a €3 departure tax.

mikkie4
12th Mar 2012, 20:42
aer arren have gota very small luggage allowance on their flights,when they become aer lingus regional will their allowance on flights to the u.s.a.via dublin from SEN increase?.any thoughts on this

dublinaviator
12th Mar 2012, 20:55
All Aer Lingus Regional flights are operated by Aer Arann, so there'll be no change in the baggage allowance.

Steviec9
12th Mar 2012, 21:53
From Aer Lingus website:

For Aer Lingus journeys between North America and the UK or Continental Europe, the long-haul checked baggage allowance will apply for all flights within the itinerary, unless there is a stopover of more than 14 days in Ireland, then each flight within the itinerary will have the relevant shorthaul or longhaul baggage policy applied to that part of the journey.

Given that connecting flights from SEN will be operated under EI flight numbers, the above should apply?

MarkD
12th Mar 2012, 22:51
Should be - I don't have to follow EI weights when connecting to BA longhaul with higher limits.

Ground1
13th Mar 2012, 08:23
Any passenger connecting from EI-R to EI on a transatlanric flight is allowed 1 x 23kg for check in and 1 x 7kg for hand baggage ( although EI hand baggage is 1 x 10kg, EI-R only allow 1 x 7kg)

dublinaviator
13th Mar 2012, 10:09
But given that you'd have to make 2 separate bookings, which applies then?

Steviec9
13th Mar 2012, 10:23
A phone call to EI should sort it out. They did for me when I booked two separate tickets LGW-DUB and then DUB-JFK the next day after over nighting in DUB with friends.

More interestingly, what if the ATR is full of people with the extra luggage allowance? Unlikely I know, but it might need a push.... ;)

Ground1
13th Mar 2012, 10:34
Regardless if you have made 2 seperate bookings or not you will still be allowed 1 x 23kg plus 1 x 7kg as you will be connecting EI to EI. All you would have to do is advise the check-in agent you are connecting and they would add the onward into Astral and your luggage will be checked to your final destination.

DannyKelly22
13th Mar 2012, 13:08
AS ground 1 says its that simple, all the PAX agent at southend has to do is add on your connection flight on astral which is easy to do which should then allow the agent to give you both boarding passes. The only restriction is you are only allowed 7kgs of luggage on EIR flights and i think the size of the bag is also a little smaller than that allowed on EI flights as well as being allowed 10kgs.

quantumofcheese
14th Mar 2012, 07:44
It's official:

Aer Arann extends Aer Lingus franchise deal - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0314/aerarann-business.html)

Aer Arann has said it is extending its franchise relationship with Aer Lingus.
http://img.rasset.ie/0005333f-314.jpg

All of Aer Arann's services from Ireland to be operated under Aer Lingus brand

Aer Arann is extending its franchise relationship with Aer Lingus, which will see all of Aer Arann's services between Ireland and the UK, France and the Isle of Man operate under the Aer Lingus regional brand from March 25.
These new routes include those between Waterford and London Southend, Manchester and London Luton and those between Dublin and the Isle of Man and Kerry.
Aer Arann already flies 21 routes under the Aer Lingus Regional brand, including those from Dublin, Cork and Shannon.
Aer Arann said it will continue to assume full operational and commercial responsibility for the services covered by the franchise agreement, with Aer Lingus receiving a franchise fee for providing its brand to Aer Arann

RE-tard
14th Mar 2012, 08:14
Aer Arann to operate all flights from Ireland as Aer Lingus Regional

(Wednesday, 14th March 2012) Aer Arann and Aer Lingus today announced that under an expansion of their existing franchise relationship Aer Arann will operate all of its services between Ireland and the UK, France and the Isle of Man under the Aer Lingus Regional brand from 25th March 2012.

The Waterford routes transitioning to the Aer Lingus Regional brand include those between Waterford and London Southend, Manchester and London Luton.

Passengers with Aer Arann bookings for travel after 25th March will be contacted by the airline with updated booking information. While flight numbers will change, there will be no change to existing flight times.

Flights from Waterford with Aer Lingus Regional for travel after 25th March will be available for booking from Thursday 15th March on Aer Lingus- cheap flights, gift vouchers, hotels, car hire, & travel insurance (http://www.aerlingus.com).

“We are absolutely delighted to strengthen our partnership with Aer Lingus and this move represents a major strategic development for Aer Arann. Operating under one renowned brand will enable us to streamline our services, resulting in an overall improved experience for our customers”, said Aer Arann Interim CEO, Sean Brogan.

Welcoming the improved agreement, Aer Lingus Chief Commercial Officer Stephen Kavanagh said, “This expansion of Aer Lingus Regional’s service offers more choice and value to the travelling public. I welcome Aer Arann’s confidence in the Regional franchise model and wish them continued success.”

Also welcoming the announcement today was Waterford Airport CEO Graham Doyle, "We're thrilled to have Aer Lingus Regional at Waterford Airport. The airline's routes to key UK cities are hugely important for business people and the people of Southeast. For visitors to the region to be able to book on aerlingus.com will be a huge boost for tourism here. We hope everyone in the Southeast will see the potential that this development offers and we very much look forward to working with the team at the airline."
Additional routes transitioning to the Aer Lingus Regional brand on 25th March include those between Dublin to the Isle of Man and to Kerry.

Combined with the existing 21 Aer Lingus Regional routes available from Dublin, Cork and Shannon, which are operated by Aer Arann, the move significantly increases Aer Lingus’ presence in the Ireland-UK market.

Aer Arann will continue to assume full operational and commercial responsibility for the services covered by the franchise agreement, with Aer Lingus receiving a franchise fee in recognition for providing its brand and product suite to Aer Arann.

All Aer Lingus Regional services will be operated using Aer Arann ATR72 and ATR42 aircraft and crew and will be sold and distributed through Aer Lingus- cheap flights, gift vouchers, hotels, car hire, & travel insurance (http://www.aerlingus.com).

From 25th March the following routes will be operated by Aer Arann under the “Aer Lingus Regional” brand:

1. Dublin – Isle of Man
2. Dublin – Kerry
3. Waterford – London Luton
4. Waterford – London Southend
5. Waterford - Manchester

Cyrano
14th Mar 2012, 08:48
That's good news, and long awaited. Good luck to all.

I assume that (although not mentioned in the press release) IOM-LCY is therefore for the chop? RE would hardly keep their brand and a booking engine working for just one route.

stab3.5up
14th Mar 2012, 10:10
As re flights come into pier a will check in now t ransfer too t2 or are sky still doing evertingt

ayroplain
14th Mar 2012, 11:22
As re flights come into pier a will check in now t ransfer too t2 or are sky still doing evertingt

From March 25th customers should check in for Aer Lingus Regional flights, operated by Aer Arann at Aer Lingus check in desks. (Passengers departing from Dublin should use the Aer Lingus check in desks located in Terminal 1). Passengers may also check-in online (where available) or at Aer Lingus self-service check-in kiosks (where available). You will require your new Aer Lingus booking reference to check-in.

See:Aerarann.com - FAQ (http://aerarann.com/travel_information/faq.htm)

virginblue
14th Mar 2012, 11:55
I assume that (although not mentioned in the press release) IOM-LCY is therefore for the chop

Exactly my thoughts. Anyone able to confirm? If so, it will be interesting to see if someone else steps in.

EDIT: Apparently not...

Airlines to expand Aer Lingus Regional deal - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 14, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0314/breaking77.html)
:: Manx Radio :: The Isle of Man's Premier Radio Station :: (http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=58472)

...although I am not sure if this simply is an (incorrect) interpretation of the press release. Sounds litter utter madness for an airline to operate two routes from an airport that must be booked at two different websites.

14th Mar 2012, 12:00
I know the airside walk from T1 to T2 can be a bit annoying, but would it not be a better option to get people to do that rather than having the confusion of check in at two different terminals.

Does T2 have anywhere that passengers can be loaded onto a bus?

propburner
14th Mar 2012, 12:28
With the management that AA have they will make a complete mess of this operation now with all flights under Aer lingus what about aer arann staff outside of pilots,cabin crew and engineering surley aer lingus will look after the rest so more job losses in the pipeline I would say? No need for there big office up in santry anymore?

CarbHeatIn
14th Mar 2012, 12:52
what about aer arann staff outside of pilots,cabin crew and engineering surley aer lingus will look after the rest so more job losses in the pipeline I would say?

Retrain them all as Captains? :}

Mayfly1
14th Mar 2012, 12:55
Ya would agree there should be room for further rationalisation of back office support, supervisor and mgt levels and I'm sure AA will be happy to terminate the lease if they can in the santry office and move to the airport to be closer to their partner. Also interesting to note that there is no mention of the end of the Aer Arran regional brand....after all the hard work by the airline and it's owners, managment to remain an independent airline after all these years.....there must be mixed feeling there somewhere....anway onwards and upwards for all

stab3.5up
14th Mar 2012, 13:23
Not tottally sure this will be a long happy n loving partnership but it should secure re for a bit longer so thats gotta be gud news. i wonder how much ei is getting per re ticket sold?

Bearcat
14th Mar 2012, 15:05
Is this a back door method of EI taking over AA in the long term?

stab3.5up
14th Mar 2012, 16:12
I doubt ei wud have the money for a trip to an aa meeting nevermind buying an airline!!

EISNN
14th Mar 2012, 16:16
Is this a back door method of EI taking over AA in the long term?

I doubt it to be honest. As has been mentioned in previous posts Aer Arann take all the risk. Aer Lingus receives a franchise fee from Aer Arann for operating under Aer Lingus' brand name. In return Aer Arann receive the monies from passenger bookings.

Aer Lingus don't have to pay for staff, pensions or aircraft maintenance. So I can't imagine EI wanting to take over RE.

Maybe someone else has a different view on this though.

propburner
14th Mar 2012, 17:06
I would say they would rather run than buy......with Goverment and MOL looking to off load Lingus I would say the regional brand might be gone when this does happen.

RE-LAX
14th Mar 2012, 17:28
Ahhh propburner - predictable as ever. Clearly you worked for REA. Obviously you were not very happy? Perhaps REA issued you with a little verbal warning in relation to your work practices? Perhaps you then got a written warning? Still got an axe to grind - Very Clearly based on your repeated anti-Aer Arann posts.

Get over yourself. Enjoy Africa/Vietnam/Sandpit - wherever you are. My guess is that you are not working in Europe.

There are 400 staff in Aer Arann, most of them pretty sound, most of them professional, most of them working their asses off. All of us enjoy living in Ireland and no matter how **** the day we go home to our homes in Ireland every day after work - its what we do.

Sorry Arann didn't work out for you. Sorry The C/P gave you your marching orders, but your constant Arann bashing posts are transparent -

MOVE ON!!!

Cyrano
14th Mar 2012, 22:23
I doubt ei wud have the money for a trip to an aa meeting nevermind buying an airline!!

Afraid you're entirely wrong. Aer Lingus have net cash of €355m (http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aer-lingus-sees-rise-in-passengers-182869.html) (€927m gross). They could easily buy RE if they wanted virtually from their small change:cool:, but if RE is stable enough as an independent (and lower-cost) company, why would they? I agree entirely with EISNN on this.

carlrsymington
15th Mar 2012, 00:20
I'm don't work in the airline business but.......

I definitely smell a manager who doesn't like an (ex) employee pointing out terms and conditions to an employee to protect their employer.

carlrsymington
15th Mar 2012, 00:22
?????????????????????

propburner
15th Mar 2012, 09:23
@RE-LAX You are way off the mark with your post I am not that person who you refer too but anyhow you are free to ramble on with whatever rubbish you like feel free.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2012, 14:14
From 25 March all Aer Lingus Regional flights are showing as operating from T2 anyone confirm this.

propburner
15th Mar 2012, 14:50
Who Cares T1 T2 there all the same? Its dublin airport you might check in at t2 but aircraft departs from pier b so whats the difference?
If its for a regional flight I would say bus from T2 to pier A knowing aer arann or maybe a nice 10min walk from T2 to Pier A:ugh:

Cyrano
15th Mar 2012, 17:17
Who Cares T1 T2 there all the same?
If the long-term-car-park bus is bringing my family and our bags to the airport, I can assure you I do care which terminal is involved. If I am meeting someone off a flight, I confess I also find it helpful to know which terminal they're arriving at. But perhaps I'm just picky.:rolleyes:

Airbus321-200
15th Mar 2012, 17:29
No you ask a good question. Just ignore any posts from propburner ( most of us do). He just likes to battle with everyone about anything RE.:ugh:

Could be a mistake from the switchover possibly. It would make life easier if passengers used T2 especially for the connecting pax.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2012, 20:25
Have had it confirmed all EI regional flights will remain in T1.

RE-LAX
15th Mar 2012, 22:16
No, that can't be right. propburner is the authority on all things Aer Arann. So it must involve T2, 10 min walks/bus transfers etc. propburner knows all about aer arann - just check ALL of his previous posts...........(Yawwwwn)

So tell us propburner - what was your relationship with Aer Arann?

Are you denying you worked there?

Are you you denying you left under bad terms?

:=

propburner
16th Mar 2012, 13:24
@RE-LAX Thats for me to know and you to find out. lol lol

Mr Know it all RE-LAX.........

You think you know it all......:D

What is it with you people just because i have a neg view on RE, thats just the way I see it from the INSIDE hint hint RE-LAX.You got to work for them to know, answer me this why is so many leaving???? I wonder??? Anyhow I wont be with them for much longer onto bigger and Better.........must change my name from propburner wont suit me for much longer.........:ok:

RE-LAX (http://www.pprune.org/members/384184-re-lax)
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/avatars/th_new.gif

Probationary PPRuNer (that word suits ya)

Jack1985
16th Mar 2012, 16:49
propburner, I know this a rumors forum etc.. but your continuous rants about Aer Arann etc. doesn't mean your immune to the consequences of that. I'm sure Aer Arann have probably been alerted to this by RE-LAX or another user maybe who knows, but while you might dislike the company theres no need for everyone of your posts to continually drag the company and its workforce down. Aer Arann is now in a much better place then even 2007 if i must say, they are now based around sustainable services and not reliant on PSO Grants. The future for Aer Arann is bright and definitely by the end of this year, the airline will just be an operating as Aer Lingus Regional which continues to be successful for both companies. Also I agree with the comments previously, there is absolutely no need for Aer Lingus to take over Aer Arann.

Hogg
16th Mar 2012, 16:53
Guys
Take the crap somewhere else, its getting boring.............

The 5Q
16th Mar 2012, 17:20
Waterford have a nice little video up celebrating the routes turning green

Waterford Airport - St. Patrick's Day - YouTube

Topcover
16th Mar 2012, 23:33
Nice video :)

Happy St.Patrick's Day.

Lord Gumboil Jnr.
17th Mar 2012, 21:06
Very Pleasant - Who cares where you can fly to anyway.

mart901
20th Mar 2012, 11:31
The EIR gap at BHX is being filled by an extra rotation to DUB mid morning.

mart901
24th Mar 2012, 09:27
Would appear EIR are re-painting in stages, just found this photo of EI-CPT;

Image Verification (http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=257713)

liffy2A
24th Mar 2012, 11:40
All the fleet apart for EHH have been painted. All are in an all white colour scheme. 2 72's have green engines like the the last bad aer arann regional scheme, But all 3 42's have been painted recently cbk ( aer lingus) byo and cpt all white with grey under bellies.

mart901
24th Mar 2012, 17:47
Have the interiors been refitted yet I wonder? This must be a gradual migration to EI colours, they can hardly be a proper franchise carrier otherwise.

Jack1985
27th Mar 2012, 20:30
CBK recieved a full refurb last January, a brand new Cabin was installed with vibration absorbing seats. It also had a full re-paint. I except the same will happen with BYO, CPT. EHH however will be withdrawn from service in April, it is unclear whether it will also recieve a full refurb or if it will be returned to its lessor. REL, REO, REM, REP, SLL, SLN all have new Cabins and new colours, SLM which is expected to return to operational service from May also has a new cabin/colours. REH, REI are in RE colours with old cabin's their leases run out this year so it is unclear whether like EHH they will be returned to their lessors or recieve a full refurb.

jucylucy
28th Mar 2012, 11:10
EI-SLM is scrapped.......being stripped in SNN for spares at the moment. :uhoh:

Jack1985
28th Mar 2012, 12:26
EI-SLM is scrapped.......being stripped in SNN for spares at the moment.

Wow, that was unexpected :ooh:. So were probably looking at 2 new leases from Air Contractors this Summer then.

Andrew R
28th Mar 2012, 19:05
Why dont they order a few E-175s?

adfly
28th Mar 2012, 19:55
I don't really think they fly any long enough routes to make the most of an E175's extra range and speed, also they don't offer many more seats than the ATR 72's do currently. I think the most likely fleet option would be Some more ATR 72 500's or a few 42 500's. Of course they might somehow find the cash to splash out on some brand new 600 series ATR's which would be very nice!!

Andrew R
29th Mar 2012, 16:02
Why choose the ATRs over the Dash Q400s ? Simply fleet commonality?

29th Mar 2012, 17:12
With the E175s, it's a chicken and egg scenario.

They don't fly very long routes because they don't have the aircraft, but that in turn makes it harder to justify buying the aircraft.

Only really ORK-EDI and ORK-GLA of their current route offerings might benefit from moving to an E175.

ATR7242
30th Mar 2012, 09:56
Its only a few years back and Arann had a order in for 10xATR72-212A in the end they took 6 of these aircraft and sold 1 and the other 5 are still flying I would say a change is out of the question they have come through a complete overhaul of the company, the Aer Lingus Regional is doing well the only thing I see them doing is maybe getting some more second hand ATR72/42 as they are not in profit and are not cash rich airline, also with fuel rises ahead this puts more pressure on a small airline.

mart901
6th Apr 2012, 16:59
Anyone know which aircraft this was and also which/how many aircraft are based at Shannon?

Flight to Manchester had to return to Shannon - The Irish Times - Fri, Apr 06, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0406/1224314437694.html)

Jack1985
6th Apr 2012, 17:11
EI-REP was the aircraft involved, it just went through some heavy maintenance in Toulouse a month back. One ATR72 is based at Shannon but this increases to two ATR72 from the 1st May 2012.

JSCL
6th Apr 2012, 17:12
It was EI-REP.

CelticRambler
6th Apr 2012, 19:06
Someone in a position to know these things told me this morning that Aer Lingus "are" flying an ATR to/from Orly as part of the previously rumoured extension of the Aer Arann's ops further into Europe. Is there any meat on that bone, or should I think that maybe he's picked up on another (now dead) rumour that I actually know more about?:cool:

Ground1
6th Apr 2012, 21:16
I have to admit the ATR's reliability at the moment are very poor. Frequent tech issues are now very common amongst the fleet and I wonder if or when we will see new aircraft or otherwise?

EI-A330-300
6th Apr 2012, 21:36
I would say they are being used more than ever now as well. It seems to be mainly the Cork and Shannon one with most tech issues. Waterford had a bad run of tech issues but now they seem to be sorted out.

In regaurd to Orly it would be a good way to test the market and I asume we are talking from Dublin.

Jack1985
6th Apr 2012, 21:47
It seems to be mainly the Cork and Shannon one with most tech issues.

And the reason for that is because Aer Arann have two standby aircraft at Dublin.

EI-A330-300
6th Apr 2012, 21:52
Is it 2 ATR 42 on standby? and with IOM closing in a few days are they plans to move that one to either Cork or Shannon.

Edit: Forgot its goint to SEN.

mikkie4
6th Apr 2012, 22:39
will it be based at SEN,?if so ,what route will it do?

mart901
6th Apr 2012, 22:49
If its based at SEN it will do DUB. Does anyone know where EI-REH and EI-REI are these days, at least one of them was at GLY in the past.

Jack1985
6th Apr 2012, 23:19
From the 1st May 2012:

ATR42:
1X KIR
1X SEN
1X WAT

ATR72:
2X ORK
2X SNN
3X DUB

In total 10 aircraft will be operated with a total of 2 on standby consisting of 1 ATR42 and 1 ATR72.

quantumofcheese
8th Apr 2012, 23:13
I flew ATR 72-500 EI-REO last week and I was very impressed with the cabin experience, much better than I thought it would be:

Aer Lingus Regional ATR 72-500 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76444064@N03/7048185779/in/photostream)

Aer Lingus Regional Taxi and Scenic Takeoff [EDI-DUB] - YouTube

I know that this aircraft is relatively young, but will the -300 models in the EIR/RE fleet be replaced any time soon?

Jack1985
8th Apr 2012, 23:24
but will the -300 models in the EIR/RE fleet be replaced any time soon?

I dont think so to be honest. It looks like AerArann are going to complete the overhaul of all aircraft in its fleet excluding the ATR72-500's and keep them in the fleet for another 2 or 3 years when they will probably all end up being scrapped or sold to a new start-up. I dont see AerArann placing orders for any new aircraft any time soon at least for maybe 2 years, even though their in a much better place then in even 2007 (Peak) they're probably going to wait until they are cash rich once again.

mart901
8th Apr 2012, 23:47
Having been on EI-REP I would agree the newer models have great cabins. Does anyone know what EI-SLL and EI-SLN (air contractors) are like inside??

Mayfly1
12th Apr 2012, 09:05
Hi, has anyone any more info on these recent issues ?

Plane forced back to airport

Irish Examiner, P4 12/4/2012

A flight to Manchester was forced to return to Shannon Airport with a technical issue yesterday for the second time in less than a week.

The crew of the ATR-72 turbo-prop plane, operated by Aer Arann, levelled off initially to complete check lists before turning around and landing again fifteen minutes after departing.

Last Thursday, passengers travelling on the same service suffered a six hour delay after their aircraft was forced to return to the airport with an engine problem.

EI-A330-300
13th Apr 2012, 10:30
Aer Arann on course despite plans to sell on its aircraft leasing unit - Irish, Business - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-arann-on-course-despite-plans-to-sell-on-its-aircraft-leasing-unit-3080085.html)

"We are opening new routes and are advancing plans to renew the company's fleet."

mart901
13th Apr 2012, 14:33
That could be replacements or it could just be referring to re-painting and refurbishment of the existing fleet.

Ground1
18th Apr 2012, 08:12
Hopefully, it would be replacements and not ATR's. What other type of aircraft could operate the Regional Services? Dash?

chuboy
18th Apr 2012, 09:36
Why would they incur the expense of changing aircraft type? That means new crew, new maintenance, etc.

I would be surprised if they turn out to be anything other than newer ATRs. The -600s seem pretty promising.

mart901
25th Apr 2012, 12:14
I notice the BHX-SNN schedule has been ammended to allow a 25 min turnaround when the aircraft arrives from DUB. First BHX-DUB will be a week today!

Vapor
26th Apr 2012, 13:51
I wonder what the chances of seeing EI back at LPL in the future with EI regional?
I'm thinking there should be some potential for some transatlantic feed and also a decent business schedule. Ryanair's freqency has reduced a lot over the last 10 years.

boeing7x7
26th Apr 2012, 18:20
Any news on the Paris-Orly flights and where they might be flown to/from?

Cyrano
26th Apr 2012, 19:35
Any news on the Paris-Orly flights and where they might be flown to/from?

Aer Lingus Regional? Paris Orly? What's that all about then? :confused:

boeing7x7
26th Apr 2012, 20:12
Cyrano

Someone in a position to know these things told me this morning that Aer Lingus "are" flying an ATR to/from Orly as part of the previously rumoured extension of the Aer Arann's ops further into Europe. Is there any meat on that bone, or should I think that maybe he's picked up on another (now dead) rumour that I actually know more about?:cool:

There? No news since :/

Cyrano
26th Apr 2012, 21:24
Ah, right, thank you. I must have missed that along the way.

Jamie2k9
28th May 2012, 19:33
Aer Arann are looking at the ATR72-600 and the Dash Q400 aircraft as part of there fleet renewal.

ALLMCC
28th May 2012, 20:59
If the comments about the Q400 on the Flybe thread are anything to go by, they might want to stay clear of it!

mart901
28th May 2012, 21:09
People love telling dramatic tales about being thrown about in turboprops like they were on a roller coaster or galiantly averting death. Having been on both the Q400 and the newer ATR aircraft I find them excellent, people forget jet aircraft get bumped around in bad weather. I think a lot of it has to do with peoples own perception of turboprops, its a bit like ford versus skoda - no matter how good skoda are they will always be skoda in peoples eyes.

JSCL
28th May 2012, 21:11
There's no real issue with the Q400, if they are appropriately utilised I.e. not over worked and are well maintained.

Some of the Flybe Q400's are reaching end of lease, back in to the big Q400 pot. One might suggest that's a good opportunity for Arann. The ATR is a no brainier, it'll just slot right in to their fleet. But it's no doubt a tough call for them.

ryan2000
28th May 2012, 21:17
I flew on an Aer Arann ATR last winter on a particularly turbulent day at Cork Airport. In fairness it was no more bumpy than a jet for the approach and landing.

johnrizzo2000
28th May 2012, 21:23
What are the differences between the current ATR72s that RE have and the new ATR72-600 and Q400!?

Is there much of an improvement in cruising speed, abs much of a capacity difference?

I'd presume any RE fleet replacement would be with one type, and the 42s would be dropped for a 72/Q400 fleet?

JSCL
28th May 2012, 21:31
To my understanding the main improvements are engine and weight related. Even better performance / cost basis. Every so slightly faster cruise speed and better short feld performance.

Jamie2k9
28th May 2012, 21:43
If what I have being told is correct it will be 8 ATR72-600 and the order placed very soon....could be in weeks rather than months.

Locker10a
28th May 2012, 22:06
Is this going to be an new order or signing of a lease agreement ?
When will we see these aircraft?

mart901
28th May 2012, 22:35
Have read online also that RE are on the verge of making an announcement. If 8 new a/c is the correct figure, assuming they kept on the 4 new(ish) 72's, REL,REM,REO,REP and parted with the 212's and the 42's it would give them a fleet of 12 a/c. I think at present they have 10 based a/c and a further 2 I presume for charters, covering techs and also filling in whilst a/c are being re-painted. That would mean the fleet in total remaining at 12 but much less need of spares for just in case of tech issues. Would be nice to see greater growth so the brand/franchise can reach a lot more places, I think EMA, LBA, NCL etc are all possibilites and also more routes out of NOC and KIR.

chuboy
28th May 2012, 23:27
If they are getting these aircraft new then they won't need to be repainted...

mart901
29th May 2012, 07:10
Which may explain why they have stopped midway. However in theory new aircraft take some time so it maybe the older fleet is painted after all, a lot would of course depend on leases and when they expire. I hope they do take in all new.

29th May 2012, 09:11
How is an airline that nearly went bust not so long ago going to finance this?

JimNich
29th May 2012, 13:17
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the crew (Not sure if it was Arrann or Regional) who left their TX button on a couple of weeks ago on 126.3. It was a real rant against the company with no holds barred. He was a very angry chap but it kept us (and no doubt the Air Trafficer) tickled for the rest of a long day. Cheers guys! :ok:

Not being smart, we've all done it, but this was a real pearler.

Vapor
29th May 2012, 15:57
The Biggest difference with the -600 is the new Digital Flight Deck.

j41cac
9th Jun 2012, 22:50
What a shame?

I paid for not cheap tickets to get my family over to the Rock only to be let down by a 1 hour delay, but on their return they encountered a 2 hour delay.

Same day on both flights there was not one airline operating in and out of the Rock with one delay???????

Why do we have to continue with some green mickey mouse idiots to rely on running a schedule smoothly?

Who is responsible for the poor time keeping with this rot of an airline?

A complete dismal excuse was given when i called to ask what had happened, in fact, they were rude as hell.

DO NOT FLY WITH AER ARANN

cornishsimon
9th Jun 2012, 22:55
knock on delays happen sadly ! You might well find that the aircraft that operated the flight your referring to had already operated several sectors previously and picked up delays on each of them

at least they got to where they were going safe and sound, all be it a little later than planned.

cs

j41cac
9th Jun 2012, 23:02
Unfortunately, my family use this airline a lot and this is an occurring habit on this route.

I once had a lot of faith and booked a load of flights in advance which i will have to continue.

I hope they sort this issue as its wearing thin.

The crew are always apologetic and i fully understand its not their problem and its operational.

Which to me explains as it happens on a regular basis, is management issues?

DollarBill
9th Jun 2012, 23:05
How is an airline that nearly went bust not so long ago going to finance this?

I am not great with the proper financial issues at stake but this is my simpleistic version of events:
It is the turn around in revenue stream over the last 12-18 months that has allowed it. Aer Arann were slowly decling, so their ability to get finance was getting harder. The Stobart Group injected some cash into the operation and gave an element of security to the Aer Arann debtors. (4 new ATRs had been on order already) The deal with EI to operate under the Aer Lingus Regional franchise gave them marketing presence and a passenger feed that they had not had before. And all the public statements on the franchise operation are showing growth and positivity.

Ironically the deal that ended the Aer Arann public brand is the deal that probably saved the company from closing down.

airnoc
11th Jun 2012, 09:25
Hi Aer Lingus Regional

Bad start to NOC/BHX first day just one hour late hope this does not continue.

mart901
11th Jun 2012, 09:28
Odd because it left BHX 10 mins early and was showing due into NOC 30 mins early at first and now 50 mins delay.

Jack1985
23rd Jun 2012, 17:00
in a bid to keep aviation jobs in Ireland.

Frankly laughable.

mart901
23rd Jun 2012, 19:41
oh there would be jobs in Ireland its just that they would be recruited for in eastern europe

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Jun 2012, 20:07
announcement on fleet replacement imminent

mart901
24th Jun 2012, 22:29
any more info than that? type? timescale?

The Flying Cokeman
24th Jun 2012, 23:14
Company employees have been told that Stobart group is willing to invest in orders for 8 new 72-600- time will tell.

PPRuNeUser0176
25th Jun 2012, 17:57
Aer Arann have said they are interested in basing a ATR42 at Carlisle Airport and open routes to SEN and DUB however this depends on weather the local council give the go ahead for a cargo center which would involve resurfacing the runway at the airport.

BHD2BFS
25th Jun 2012, 21:06
anyone know if regional are moving up to belfast when aer lingus move into bhd

vulcanised
26th Jun 2012, 11:30
IF Ryanair do succeed in taking over Aer Lingus, I wonder how that might affect Regional/Arann/Stobart ?

Jack1985
26th Jun 2012, 11:42
IF Ryanair do succeed in taking over Aer Lingus, I wonder how that might affect Regional/Arann/Stobart ?

Don't think we would see the Aer Lingus Regional brand anymore if it did happen, MOL once described Aer Arann and mainly its Chairman Pádraig Ó Céidigh as Government spongers, they were mainly reliant on PSO subsides at that time.

mart901
26th Jun 2012, 12:14
since then FR have become experts at sponging from local governments to subsidise them to fly into various previously unheard of destinations.

Steviec9
27th Jun 2012, 16:55
LTN/SEN services badly affected since last night - hear there was a technical problem and forced return to LTN?

Their schedule today to/from WAT is shot to pieces and this follows severe disruption the other night with a very very late rotation to/from SEN.

Have to say that EIR/RE's ability to get itself into the mire seems to happen more frequently and they appear to have trouble resolving problems. I like them but I speak from experienceand hope that they're not over-stretching themselves before/if/when the fleet is expanded.

ryan2000
27th Jun 2012, 19:32
Diversions from Cork yesterday and today as aircraft and/or crew were not abe to carry out Cat II approaches. Always better to have CAT 2 capability when operating to Cork in summers like this.

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Jun 2012, 23:27
LTN/SEN services badly affected since last night - hear there was a technical problem and forced return to LTN?

Incident: Arann AT42 at Luton on Jun 26th 2012, technical problem, runway closed (http://avherald.com/h?article=451cecb1&opt=0)

Papa2Charlie
28th Jun 2012, 06:30
Not meaning to scaremonger here but what's happening with RE these days? A quick count of events on Avherald shows 6 events so far this year including a couple of serious ones (e.g. In-flight shutdowns).

As for an ATR order it'd be welcome news but hope they have appropriate financing in place first.

EI-BUD
28th Jun 2012, 06:34
In reference to the ATR Incident at LTN, I think I am right in saying that this was a Ryanair machine originally quite some time ago, as I recall it operated Dublin- Isle of Man on behalf of Manx Airlines when their Shorts 360 went tech and it came out of service with Ryanair in 2002 when the last Waterford Stansted flight operated??? EI-BYO?

EI-BUD

propburner
28th Jun 2012, 10:55
EI-BYO

Aer Arann EI-BYO (ATR 42/72 - MSN 161) (Ex OY-CIS ) | Airfleets aviation (http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-atr-161.htm)

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Jun 2012, 11:47
WAT-LTN/SEN/MAN - no change form last year with RE
NOC-BHX - daily - new
All on sale for winter but DUB-BOH looks like its seasonal.

EI-BUD
28th Jun 2012, 12:41
Thanks propburner; good to know. I was reasonably sure, and I did recall in August 1992 when the ATR 42 Ryanair routes were finished, WAT STN and GWY STN. And from then on FR concentrated on one type BAC1-11 and then transition into 737-200!!!

That looks like a useful site too.

mart901
28th Jun 2012, 12:46
Interestingly the BHX-NOC flight again looks like a W routing but no a/c knocking around on the current schedule to facilitate it. Wondering will the schedules be altered or will this perhaps be operated by a BHD based a/c?? Also the a/c type has been changed from 72-212 to 72-500, and the fares on the route seem to have inflated massively! About £100+ return - that won't last I'm sure!

OltonPete
28th Jun 2012, 17:13
mart901

Glad to see BHX-SNN back to the evening rotation, as the May figures
fell through the floor with the early morning arrival at BHX.

Certainly the schedule does not fit the BHX-NOC times and this will fuel rumours that a potential BHD based aircraft will operate the flight.

Of course they might just re-time the Shannon.

Pete

mart901
28th Jun 2012, 17:34
yes it does look like SNN base will be one a/c over winter, with 2x daily MAN, 1x BRS(w from ORK), 1 x BHX and 1 x EDI, can't see how that could be squeezed any further.

Jack1985
28th Jun 2012, 20:34
The schedule has not been updated for ORK, DUB, SNN with regards to the EIR operation for Winter 12/13, they replicate Winter 11/12. As I have said it will be updated soon.

j636
29th Jun 2012, 13:56
Aer Arann poised to announce ATR order at Farnborough | ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/aircraft-engines-components/news/aer-arann-poised-announce-atr-order-farnborough-0629?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+AtwDailyNews+(ATW+Daily+News)#.T-2uy58138w.twitter)

jethro15
29th Jun 2012, 14:39
Don't they still have an outstanding order for four a/c?

Papa2Charlie
29th Jun 2012, 18:35
I remember seeing a quote from REreviously which stated that when they cancelled the remaining ATR orders they agreed to give ATR first refusal effectively the next time they ordered new aircraft.

mart901
29th Jun 2012, 22:08
I didn't know about the first refusal bit but I do remember they had four more 500's on order until the examimership.

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Jul 2012, 13:19
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt : (http://newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,162462.html)

RE may buy these and get a good deal.

MARKEYD
2nd Jul 2012, 16:57
Does anyone know if the newly launched Bournemouth Dublin route is for the chop in Oct as all other routes are on sale now , not even a mention that it might be seasonal ?

Very disappointing if the route is finished before its even had a chance of making a go of it

brian_dromey
3rd Jul 2012, 09:53
There are currently 7 brand new -600s it would seem? All, apparently, available within a short Timescale, in the numbers RE is rumoured to want. This might explain why no more aircraft have received full EIR colours, or maybe it's the busy summer schedule.

I noticed one of the 201s parked in front of the old terminal at ORK yesterday with vans around it. REI, I think. Presumably there was some technical problem?

EI-BUD
3rd Jul 2012, 10:00
If Aer Arann do get these additional aircraft will they be replacements or will they be an expansion of the fleet, looking at the existing network and ignoring any potential developments ex the UK to Europe in terms of Southend or anything Stobart, I think the following route are potential, outside of these I am not sure:

Dublin/East Midlands
Dublin/Leeds Bradford
Dublin/Newcastle
Dublin/London Oxford??? Could this airport accomodate
Dublin/Dundee
Dublin/Humberside (say days 1357?)
Dublin/Liverpool daily to connect to BOS or JFK flights
Dublin/Newquay (say 3/4 per week
City of Derry to Edinburgh (bit of a longshot?)
Cork/Newquay
Carlisle (rumours about that)
Not sure I can see many more potential routes given the scale of the competition in Ireland/UK markets.

EI-BUD

cornishsimon
3rd Jul 2012, 10:45
Dublin/East Midlands

Dublin/Leeds Bradford

Dublin/Newcastle

Dublin/London Oxford??? Could this airport accomodate

Dublin/Dundee

Dublin/Humberside (say days 1357?)

Dublin/Liverpool daily to connect to BOS or JFK flights

Dublin/Newquay (say 3/4 per week

City of Derry to Edinburgh (bit of a longshot?)

Cork/Newquay

Carlisle (rumours about that)

Im Curious why Dublin-Newquay isnt on the list ?

cs