PDA

View Full Version : School in EU for a fast FAA-PPL Conversion

ArcticChiller
22nd Jan 2012, 11:47
Hey folks!

I'm new to the forum but I visited this page already hundreds of times. Thanks for all the knowledge in here! :ok:

I am an FAA private pilot with a bit more than 100 hours. As a US and Swiss citizen I learned to fly in the States and now back in Switzerland, where I grew up, I want to convert to EASA-FCL. I started the validation here but I'm getting frustrated as it takes forever (forever is about 4 months) so far. I don't want to imagine how long it would take for the conversion, so that's the question:
Do you know of any flight schools with conversion programs?

The course should take me all the way to the licence. If it takes a few weeks that's okay. The UK would be great as I'm probably going to work there for half a year. But if you know of any flight school with such a program anywhere in Europe just tell me.

Maybe I can work out something with my Swiss flight school. But I want to check out my options. Thanks a lot!

I know only one flight school with such a course yet. This one in Germany...
Flugschule Umschreibung und Anerkennung ausländischer Lizenzen (http://www.flugschule-grade.de/flugschule_us_jar.php)

chrisbl
22nd Jan 2012, 16:52
It should not that long at all. Without knowing more details such as number of hours its impossible to be precise. However your best bet is to look in LASORS (do a google search for the 2010 version) Section C pages 3&4

You will need to pass either all the JAR PPL exams or just two depending on experience, training as required and pass the skills test.

This could be done in a few days if the latter.

ArcticChiller
22nd Jan 2012, 17:30
I already know about the process. Question is, where to do the conversion?

It would be great to hear how other pilots converted from FAA to the EU...