PDA

View Full Version : My Skills Test Today

TraineePilot01
9th Nov 2001, 18:16
Just thought I would let those of you who wanted to know that I passed my Pre-Flight Section of my Skills Test today and have not done any of the rest because there wasn't anytime! My instructor didn't book enough! NOOOO!! And guess what, my instructor is the examiner as well (although I wouldn't have had him, I've got the CFI).

Ah well, Thursday or Friday next week it is then! Will let u know how it goes.

Cheers! TP01

PS Any of you going to the Flyer Exhibition in London at the Renaissance Hotel? See you there!

monkeyboy
10th Nov 2001, 12:16
Excellent news, TP01!
I imagine you're feeling quite chuffed!
Well done and let's hear the same result from your Nav test, ok?

Good luck!

MB :)

BEagle
11th Nov 2001, 15:20
Strange - under JARs an Examiner shall not examine anyone to whom they've given instruction for that Class or Type, except for safety or progress checks. So your JAR/FCL PPL SEP 'Instructor' may not also be your PPL Skill Test 'Examiner'!

Stan Evil
11th Nov 2001, 19:35
I agree with BEagle 100% If you are in the UK testing for a JAA PPL then anyone who has instructed you even the tinyest bit during your PPL course (apart from progress checks) must not test you. You could be wasting money here.

Rusty Cessna
11th Nov 2001, 21:29
Agree with BEagle's point, but I think the point was that TP01 would not have had his instructor for the Skills Test, but the CFI instead. Was it your instructor that did the pre flight section? If so, t'is not good.

Rusty.

TraineePilot01
11th Nov 2001, 22:08
Cheers Monkeyboy.

I don't know what the rest of you are on about though. I've got the CFI as my examiner - I've never had him before as an instructor. I meant another examiner at the same school was my instructor for a bit. He booked my Skills Test, which was done by the other examiner! So it's not dodgy at all. Thank you.

TRANQUILLO
12th Nov 2001, 01:24
Hi TP01,

How long did your pre FLT take?

It seems really unreal that a flight instructor or an examiner doesn't know how long a FLT test should take...!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
Anyway congratulations for the first pass and good luck for the rest...fly mentally while waiting for the test it does help...just close your eyes and take off...set track overhead...do your checks...and think of emergencies like PFL or engine failure after T/O....

let us know mate and take care

cheers :cool:

TraineePilot01
12th Nov 2001, 01:30
Thanks very much. I will definitely let you know as soon as possible.

Cheers for now,

TP01

PA38
12th Nov 2001, 02:15
And guess what, my instructor is the examiner as well Then you changed your mind?????
You have lost me :confused:

Rusty Cessna
12th Nov 2001, 02:44
Good Luck!

TraineePilot01
12th Nov 2001, 13:07
PA38 - I simply meant my instructor is also an examiner, nothing more. He is not my examiner, I have another one - understand now?

Cheers Rusty.

TP01