View Full Version : R44 down, video

Soave_Pilot
20th Jan 2012, 13:05
The Private Pilot was trying to take-off

4 POB
Elevarion about 3500ft
temp about 25C

I think we all know the cause already

G1 - Imagens mostram queda do helicóptero no Lago Paranoá, no DF - notícias em Distrito Federal (http://g1.globo.com/distrito-federal/noticia/2012/01/imagens-mostram-queda-do-helicoptero-no-lago-paranoa-no-df.html)

iaVGgGDjMFs

Epiphany
20th Jan 2012, 13:30
There surely can't be many left?

aengus
20th Jan 2012, 13:41
Falling out of the sky faster then the banks that funded them are falling at this current rate!

Nubian
20th Jan 2012, 14:33
Reversing a fully loaded 44, OGE, 5500 ft dens.alt, and lefthand pedalturn is asking for abit much. Surely there would have been a bright amber light and an annoying horn in the background as it was settling into the water. Good thing all got out ok.

r44heli
20th Jan 2012, 14:54
He is only giving the skids a wash - what's the big deal??

g-mady
20th Jan 2012, 15:21
that reporter is HOT! :oh:

TRC
20th Jan 2012, 16:03
that reporter is HOT!

The girl in the studio, or the guy at the crash site?

Bravo73
20th Jan 2012, 16:31
The girl in the studio, or the guy at the crash site?

FWIW, I imagine that it's the third reporter, who makes a brief appearance @ 01:40. :8

TRC
20th Jan 2012, 16:46
That'll teach me to pay more attention.

hillberg
20th Jan 2012, 18:37
:suspect:More $$$$ Than scense:eek:, More Flying machines in the sea than submarines in the sky, More Dumb pilots put outa work.:ugh:

g-mady
20th Jan 2012, 19:24
Bravo73 also has good taste! :rolleyes:

You have to pay attention!

Vertical Freedom
21st Jan 2012, 02:31
nothing wrong with a L pedal turns!! :ok: in other way turning blades; one must prefer L power pedal turns for good Airmanship. :cool:

But to me this looked like poor take-off technique :{ led to exceedances being recorded both on machine & man's limitations exceeded - consequences? :\ just a wild guess at best ;)

Happy Landings

VF

rotorfan
21st Jan 2012, 06:59
Sheesh, must be a slow news day. 4+ minutes on the video, and scenes from the site during day, dusk and night. Another stupid pilot trick..... :ugh:

Coconutty
21st Jan 2012, 17:44
that reporter is HOT!

Unlike the pax after their dunking :p

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

topendtorque
22nd Jan 2012, 11:11
Surely there would have been a bright amber light and an annoying horn

nothing to do with pedal turn this way or that, but everything to do with the U-beaut governor that allows imbeciles who haven't been taught right or are too lazy to check, and who fail to see that by the time the noise comes on and the lights start flashing, its all over red rover.

If I was the underwriter first thing i'd do is send the local football team around to his instructor for a bit of, 'conditioning.'

Vertical Freedom
22nd Jan 2012, 17:09
Bit harsh on the ole' Instructor, once a student cum private/cpl leaves the safety/security, wings/blanket of an Instructor................ buddy Your on Your own!!! with takin' full responsibility come what may, by doin' only what You can do, including doin' a major ..... up; ie; being overloaded for the take-off profile chosen by the pic?? Then what of reading the Performance Graphs before t/o. if it were a Jetbox he'd probably get away with it. But its another positive for closing that sorry chapter on the R44, R?? flimsicopters :-( :ugh::{ :yuk: := :sad: :mad: :suspect: :uhoh: :} but yer it could also be a lack of the right Instructing techniques on Airmanship, preparedness, or simply after take-off checks to see what margin You can dance with & where's the wind & yippee?? who knows?? we're all goin' on a holiday roller coaster ride?? yep we should all wear helmets :ok:

topendtorque
22nd Jan 2012, 20:59
Just out of curiosity VF what's the alcohol supply like in Nepal?
cheers tet

heliduck
23rd Jan 2012, 03:09
All good points VF.

P.S. - Can you send me some of those "herbs" you pick up?

Vertical Freedom
23rd Jan 2012, 03:47
Namaste

There are ample supplies of high DA, below 1.1klm Vis days, local storms & liquor & dance & the Ayurvedic herbs are inbound to China. :ok:

I was jest kiddin' about the helmets ;)

Happy Landings :cool:

VF