PDA

View Full Version : Distance Education for UAE residents

givemewings
20th Jan 2012, 10:48
Looking to enrol in a course or two this year and just wondering if any of you out there has experience in completing a course via distance learning (correspondence or online) and having the qualification recognised back in Oz.

Firstly I'm looking to do a Cert IV in Training & Assessment as an add-on to prior learning and to bridge the gap for what I want to do next- does anyone know if this is available in Dubai? The schedule would have to be flexible as I work a varying roster and am not always in the UAE on the same days per week.

I know there are universities with annexes in the UAE and there were some tertiary institutions with courses available here but can't seem to turn anything up on their website- hoping they have not been discontinued.

Friends who have done the course said there was a practical component so am wondering if I might just be better off to take leave and do the course in one hit (I think it runs 2-3 weeks) and get it all done with? I have frequent returns to Oz (east coast) so would not be a problem to post coursework from there to speed things up.

I know that you can't access HECS (or fee help or whatever they call it now) as an expat, but I'd be looking more for Tafe-style provider where I can pay by semester or upfront as they tend to be less expensive, then the next course would most likely be via a uni which I'd have time to get funding together for.

Any input appreciated!

clear to land
20th Jan 2012, 15:46
Check your pm's :ok:

givemewings
20th Jan 2012, 19:08
Received, cheers!

Anyone else successfuly done this actually in the UAE, as opposed to online? Obviously online is easier wrt schedules but from the practical viewpoint actually attending a class is probably better for remembering the information.