desertrat65
19th Jan 2012, 18:08
Who is going to apply for this gem?

Poire
19th Jan 2012, 20:18
Sorry, what does that mean ... ringing?
Is he leaving the "job?"
It is a useless one anyway

First read this thread after ULR flight.....

Thought nothing of the title but after good sleep

See clearly now; B777 "Bell" ringing

now that's funny :cool::cool:

Fart Master
20th Jan 2012, 05:15
OaKape.. AB is the ACP-B and EGT is the DCP-B. Brush up on your managers...

BeCareful
20th Jan 2012, 05:48
Why does this sound like something out of Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

"Look at you: member of the honor roll, assistant to the assistant manager of the movie theater. I'm tellin' ya, Rat, if this girl can't smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?"

kingpost
20th Jan 2012, 10:13
The FCN should be titled, the Assistant TO the Chief Pilot, otherwise it's the same as the Deputy position!!

helen-damnation
20th Jan 2012, 18:27
Notably, it specifies "Captains" may apply. Present incumbent is, I believe, still an FO.

As there are a number of FO's with suitable experience, you might think it should be open to the most suitable person?

Bring Back The Biff
20th Jan 2012, 23:25
There may be a number of 'suitably qualified' FO's, however - the position should always have been filled by a competent Captain.

The issue is that the position involves 'conduct of discilplinary and capability hearings', which in my opinion automatically disqualifies any FO as it is inappropriate for an FO to be disciplining Captains!

Oh and good luck finding a competent Captain who will be willing to work for the DCP!

Payscale
21st Jan 2012, 05:54
ACPs will also conduct command interviews. That would require a captain too. Its just that the fleet is now 100 aircraft. That they can manage with only one DCP and one ACP is surprising. I would expect at least 2 of each would be a minimum...

helen-damnation
22nd Jan 2012, 15:52
Couple of good points there. Note to self, don't post after a loooooong day!

Agree about the x2 as well. Would seem sensible, the training dept are doing it :)