PDA

View Full Version : Australian CPL to UK CPL?

Fintastic
19th Jan 2012, 14:19
Can anyone please tell me what is required to convert an Australian CPL to a UK CPL please? I have a Valid UK Class 1 Medical, am a current QSP (SEP) and had the CPL Issued whilst on Exchange. My Australian Medical is still valid, but only as a Class 2. I'm keen to get this all completed before April and everything changes!

From my contact with the CAA early last year and from trawling through LASORS, it seems that I just need to send in my Logbooks, my CPL & UK Class 1 details and pay the licencing fee. Then a flight check on a recognised type and that's it!

Can any PPRuners confirm this please? I doubt it is that simple.....:confused:

Fintastic
20th Jan 2012, 15:23
243+ views and not a single reply??? Ouch!

NutLoose
20th Jan 2012, 15:51
Might be because you are asking in the military forum and as such they will not know, you need to ask in one of the civilian forum sections.

Whopity
20th Jan 2012, 17:05
According to LASORS 2010 Section D1.5 Page 10 you will need to pass all the JAA CPL level exams and pass the CPL Skill Test. I am not aware of any agreement between the JAA and Australia that will exempt you from those requirements.

Trash 'n' Navs
20th Jan 2012, 19:14
Best bet is to ring CAA SRG again and have them confirm it.

I've found LASORs don't really help in specific circumstances & there aren't many converting CPL over here. When I moved to the UK, SRG told me I just needed the Air Law & Flight Test (that was in '04) provided the CASA CPL & medical were current & valid.

Hooroo.

Always a Sapper
20th Jan 2012, 19:52
Australian CPL to UK CPL? I would think that things like time in rank, spec quals and age would come into it... Mind you, with all the recent redundencies I doubt there's much chance.

Yeah, yeah. I know, about as much use as a choccy fire guard and that'll be my taxi. Hat and coat anyone please...

parabellum
20th Jan 2012, 20:08
If you PM either Redsnail or Checkboard you may get some useful information as I believe they have both done the transition..

Whopity
21st Jan 2012, 08:45
Best bet is to ring CAA SRG again and have them confirm it. They will simply tell you to read LASORS as that's their own Q & A book. If you really want the answer look at JAR-FCL1 (http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf)and you can work it out for yourself. In the absence of a conversion agreement you will have to meet the same requirements as any other ICAO licence holder and pass the JAA exams and CPL Skill Test. As of April 2012 JAR-FCL 1 will be progressively replaced by EASA Part -FCL but that will not change the basic requirements.

With the introduction of a New UK CPL this year, there may be other criteria for conversion but, it will not be valid for EASA aircraft so probably wouldn't be of much use. The days of giving a licence on a plate are long gone.

Bishy
21st Jan 2012, 10:39
I am right in thinking the Austrailians give you a full CPL when you fly with them. I am currently in the bracket for redundancy so thought the fire might be better that the frying pan. An tips?