PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer Pylons/ERUs/MRUs

Victor231
18th Jan 2012, 18:54
Hi folks,

Does anyone know the wherabouts of any Pylons for a Buccaneer. They just don't seem to exist anymore! They are for completing the restoration of XW544 so we can display (and fast taxi) her with some stores attached. Also on the lookout for any ERUs (ejector release units) for the pylons (mk103s I believe) and MRUs (magnetic release units) for the bomb bay positions.

Annoying as when she was the arming trainer at Cosford she had a full compliment!!

Any leads greatly appreciated,

Ollie

Exnomad
19th Jan 2012, 13:29
Sorry cannot help.
I worked for the company that made the EMRUs (elecro-magnetic) not MRU for the Buccanneer, they were merely a minor rehash of Vickers units used during the war, and had minor modifications and material updates and including a electrically operated safety pin system for Nuclear stores, Any old EMRU from Lancaster era vintage would probably fit.
I understand the the RN was very anti ERUs because of the risk of the cartridges being set of the large electromagnetic environment from Ship radar, but had to give in in the end if they wanted to drop stores at high speed

garyscott
17th Feb 2012, 16:58
Home Page (http://www.masl-uk.com/)

A possibility . . . . they stock quite a variety of spares.

You never know . . . . :)

George Richardson
18th Feb 2012, 14:46
You need No120 ERUs on Post Martel pylons. Not EMRUs ,all Bucc stores were carried on ERUs due separation reasons,except the practice bombs,carried in the CBLS, (28lb) Try YAM Elvington or BAE Brough for SOO spares.