PDA

View Full Version : RCMP Crash East of CYVR

Joker's Wild
18th Jan 2012, 00:36
RCMP helicopter pilot dies in crash near Cultus Lake (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/RCMP+helicopter+pilot+dies+crash+near+Cultus+Lake/6010419/story.html)

Sounds like the name of the pilot will be released shortly. Not a good day.

JW

Taken from an updated news story, the pilot has been identified as Dave Brolin. RIP Dave, it was a pleasure knowing you and I wish we could have worked together again.

Pilot killed in RCMP helicopter crash | CTV British Columbia (http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120117/bc_rcmp_helicopter_crash_120117/20120117/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome#.TxYTty7jofU.facebook)

By: ctvbc.ca

Date: Tuesday Jan. 17, 2012 5:32 PM PT

The civilian pilot of an RCMP helicopter that crashed east of Cultus Lake Tuesday afternoon has died from his injuries.

North Shore Rescue has confirmed that the pilot was Dave Brolin, a civilian member who helped the RCMP with long-line rescue training. He also worked as a helicopter pilot on several films, including "Snakes on a Plane" and "Agent Cody Banks."

Brolin was the sole person on board the Air 5 chopper, which crashed during a training exercise at around 2 p.m.

"Our helicopter had just completed a successful training exercise and was preparing to return to base when the helicopter was seen going down," Chief Supt. Wayne Rideout told reporters after the crash.

He said that emergency responders on the scene made "immediate and extensive efforts" to save the pilot, but were unsuccessful.

Transportation Safety Board officials will be assisting police in their investigation into the incident.

The pilot's name has now been removed from the above posted link.

newfieboy
18th Jan 2012, 02:19
RIP Matey, Very sad news.

Newfie.

Dixons Millions
18th Jan 2012, 04:24
To a great friend, a great guy, you will be missed. As you so eloquently put to me all those years ago, cat skiing just south of Whistler at the top of the hill when the guide said "Use the Buddy System guys", you looked at me, grinning, and said "Yeah. The Buddy system. See you at the bottom Buddy" Will never forget my friend. One of a kind, my thoughts with you Kirsten, Kennedy and Connor........RIP

LindyD.
18th Jan 2012, 06:32
In shock. Not only a friend, Dave was a colleague, an excellent pilot and a very good guy. Our sympathies go out to Kirsten,the children and Dave's family and friends. Still can't believe it. RIP Dave, you'll be missed.

Aussierob
18th Jan 2012, 12:15
Totally bummed since I heard the news last night. Flew with Dave on a number of SAR missions around Whistler. A great guy and a great pilot. RIP

Steam Chicken
18th Jan 2012, 13:59
Dave was the base manager at Blackcomb helicopters when I was the chief pilot, for those years we owned Whistler, or at least we thought. My god did we have some fun.
The Silver Fox, I miss you pal.

Super 61
19th Jan 2012, 00:20
Spent some happy times with Dave through the late 90's, great pilot and great company. I can never forget how he used to take off his helmet after a hard days flying with not a hair out of place. The Silver Fox will be missed

MattGray
23rd Jan 2012, 02:04
Prior to joining the RCMP, Dave flew with the U.S. military and was involved in Operation Desert Storm to liberate Kuwait.

RCMP have set up a site for those who knew Dave to express thoughts.

Click here (http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&languageId=1&contentId=23892)