PDA

View Full Version : JAA Multi Engine Rating in Florida - June

Haka99
17th Jan 2012, 20:35
Hi All, I am looking to add on the JAA Multi Engine Rating to my single engine PPL and would like to do so in Florida at one of the schools there (still to be decided). This is just a modular approach, I am not training for CPL, but looking to add on the multi and perhaps while I am there a night rating.

Does anyone recommend a particular flight school that might not kick the modular lot like me to the back of the queue - whilst it's inevitable they will favour those (in terms of booking planes, teaching etc) doing the full PPL/CPL I was hoping to hear of some good schools who might also like anyone coming to do just the MEP and maybe some hour building for a few days!

I have a few of the usual suspects in mind in the following order.... EFT, EASA, Naples etc.

I am planning on spending 2 weeks out there in June and have heard the afternoons can be fairly stormy so has anyone experienced a battle for time in the aircraft to get the morning slots? and hence getting the MEP done in a week might be a little ambitious?

Thanks all for any comments, have a good one.