PDA

View Full Version : Interview for an Airline Ops job

ddtonti
17th Jan 2012, 19:05
Hi all,

I have an interview next week for an Ops position with quite a large airline based at Heathrow and was wondering what I should expect? I was told I will have a knowledge test which should last around 20 minutes. Will this be based on the company aswell as procedures?

I have 10 years experience as an Air Traffic Assistant, but this will be my first step into the Ops side of things although I have experience in flight planning, MET, Notams, aircraft knowledge etc. Im sure the other tasks will be easily picked up on the job?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!! :ok:

Little Blue
18th Jan 2012, 13:03
They will be looking for strong teamwork skills.

Chances are you will be asked to provide examples of when you performed very effectively as part of a team, or excelled yourself etc etc.

Dwell heavily on your flight planning and met experience. As an ATC assistant, I would expect that knowledge to be the one that shines through the brightest.

And make sure you have an in depth knowledge of the company that you wish to work for. It may sound pretty obvious, but some of the prospective staff members that I've helped to interview in the past turn up with NO knowledge of the company, or the job spec and that enevitably ends up in a very short interview !

Good luck !

dallas
18th Jan 2012, 19:51
- Read up about airline
- Have a good answer for 'why are you here'?
- Make clear your enthusiasm for aviation
- Push to the front your relevant skills and ambition to learn more
- Don't slag off your last employer
- Have 2 questions for if you are asked, but steer clear of time off and salary

I could go on, but I've seen applicants missing some/all of the above...

ddtonti
21st Jan 2012, 15:32
Some good tips, thanks very much!! Have a good amount of info to go with now! Just hope I am not over prepared!!

Fingers crossed for Monday!! :)