PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch/Load planning software for EZY

EGMC
16th Jan 2012, 13:48
Hi all!

I am applying for an ops/dispatch role at SEN and want to learn about the software/load sheets used to deal with EasyJet turnarounds.

I have no specific ground handling experience but lots of other aviation experience, so I really need to understand some things from you guys.

As Stobbart air will be responsible for the turnaround do they use their own software or are they operator specific?.

I have an 'A320 ground operations manual', so I am learning lots of general things- but can you tell me some specifics about handling EZY A319 so that I am armed with some more valid research knowledge at interview?

G-DUDE
16th Jan 2012, 16:14
EGMC

EZY have a standard load plan for both A319/320..... Most flights should be planned as follows:

A319 .. First 150 bags in hold 4/5..... From what ive seen the TCO uses their judgment and dependingon bulky routes etc plan 10-20 H5 and rest in H4..... The fwd holds are only used rarely..... Perhaps for skis etc

A320 start loading from the front... Up to 85 bags in hold 1 and the rest in H4 ..... Hold 5 shouldnt be used where possible..... ( slight deviation for red sea flighs....but you wont have any of them from SEN)

They use standard lirfs loading instruction report forms..... This is the "trim given to the loaders"....... The loader will then complete final load and hand this back to you..... You would then issue the flight deck a Load Form Certificate...... This details whats loaded where ie pax numbers... Males females children etc and how many bags in what hold..... The pilots then input these details into a mini laptop called an LPC.... Less paper cockpit and the loadsheet/details are then stored/used in that.

All forms/certificates are issued by EZY and you will follow their Ground Handling Manual.....

GDUDE

750XL
16th Jan 2012, 16:51
Haven't dispatched Easyjet before as we don't handle them but done a few airlines with a similar set up.

It's an incredibly simple process which is pretty standard regardless of what flight you're dispatching (X amount of bags into X hold, overflow goes into X hold). The 'LPC' sheets are very easy to fill out, and could be completely by a monkey for most airlines :p Normally they just include males, females, children, infants and location of bags. You can drag M/F/C/I straight from the system and a simple bit of maths will get your bag weight split.

The hardest part of the job is trying to cover up the delays :ok:

Good luck