PDA

View Full Version : British Airways - Recruiting open again for Military DEPs

Abbey Road
15th Jan 2012, 10:58
Greetings all! Just to let you know that BA have again opened up recruiting for Direct Entry Pilots from the military.

The recruitment is for both the BA Managed Path scheme and for anyone else who has a confirmed exit date from service:
"Please note that this is a dedicated recruitment scheme for current UK service pilots only. Eligibility criteria for the BA Managed Path are contained in GAI 1028 and we ask that you please read this Instruction. If you are not eligible for Managed Path initiative, but are in receipt of a confirmed exit date from your service, you may also apply through this scheme."
Whilst I realise that BA has it's own 'issues', I'm sure many will agree that within the UK (and world?) airline business it is still a job worthy of consideration. :ok:

Further details on the BA recruiting website: BA Recruitment (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb1/tpl_ba01.asp?s=RIrTqWByLjAMrOoAjg&jobid=37356,5623651533&key=37389481&c=342334235614&pagestamp=sexifrlmocyecbstpu)

If you meet the criteria, do not delay applying - this stuff disappears off the BA site quicker than a quick thing in Quickville!

November4
15th Jan 2012, 11:33
Not that it applies to me but I did like this question

What are the behaviours that demonstrate your motivation and commitment to your current service employer?

I have demonstrated my commitment by applying for another job.

Good luck to all though and good to see that BA are looking at those cast aside by the Services and Government.

TheInquisitor
15th Jan 2012, 11:45
Does anybody know if this is also opent o those who have recently left?

Also... is anybody able to copy/paste or PM me the criteria laid out in the GAI? Since I'm no longer serving, I don't have intranet access! TVM.

Abbey Road
15th Jan 2012, 12:15
TheInquisitor,

If you are already out of the services, then I am pretty sure that the Managed Path cannot apply to you (but be sure to check ...).

If you have left very recently, and still fall within the recency requirement (*see below), then I would hazard a guess that you might still be eligible as a DEP ....... but that would very much depend on when BA might be considering starting conversion courses for those recruited in this intake i.e. the 12 month recency stipulation.

As indicated in the BA quote below, I reckon you should get advice from BA's Pilot Recruitment Team - there seem to be several people on various threads here who know how to get hold of them (be it e-mail or phone), so do a trawl and find out. And do it quickly!

* "You must also have flown the qualifying aircraft in the relevant, aforementioned weight category, in the 12 months preceding the start of your conversion course at British Airways. Further advice is available from the Pilot Recruitment Team."

StopStart
15th Jan 2012, 12:43
The Managed Path GAI doesn't apply to those who PVR'd or left at an option other than 16/38 (ie. ineligible for Managed Path). This is BA's response to the RAF's recent intransigence over the Managed Path criteria. I suspect if you've just left and haven't started work for someone else then this should be ok ("in receipt of a confirmed exit date from the Service").

This is good news as it levels the playing field, especially for guys leaving at their 12 year option.

Anonystude
15th Jan 2012, 13:04
I wonder if they'd consider some of the students being made redundant who didn't qualify for BA's cadetship due 'too much' experience -- many of whom are doing their civ licences..?

Abbey Road
15th Jan 2012, 15:49
I wonder if they'd consider some of the students being made redundant who didn't qualify for BA's cadetship due 'too much' experience -- many of whom are doing their civ licences..? Nope, sorry, students don't fall in to the description of " ... Qualified Service Pilots of the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Army Air Corps ...". Military student pilots would otherwise have to apply as civilian DEPs with the appropriate experience. This particular recruiting window is for Qualified Service Pilots. Its the way of the world, I'm afraid!

Chris Griffin
15th Jan 2012, 20:35
Good luck to all that apply - am in the hold pool expecting early Q2 start - is anyone interested in approx time scales for various stages?

Stronny
16th Jan 2012, 17:28
Hi Chris,

An idea of time frames would be great, thanks!

Chris Griffin
16th Jan 2012, 19:11
No problem - these time periods are the ones I experienced - now recruitment has ramped up the time scales my vary - potentially being a bit worse due availability of assessment days and sim slots.

Time frame in addition to previous period.

Initial Application to invitation to assessment - 2 weeks
Assessment + 2 months
Assessment success e mail + 2 weeks
Sim date - wait for availability + 1 month
Sim date + 1 month
sim success e mail + 2 weeks
time in hold pool + 9 months

So - from initial application to expected start date is 14.5 months which may vary. Hope this helps.

Good luck

MrBernoulli
18th Jan 2012, 09:50
So - from initial application to expected start date is 14.5 months which may vary. Hope this helps.I would expect that 'variability' is the order of the day!

Get your applications in, lads and lasses, as this is your opportunity to finally make the leap from the mob! I realise that details of Tranche 2 of the redundancy fiasco is out, and it doesn't seem to include many aircrew, but if you have PVRd or were in Tranche 1 then this is a good opportunity for you. Go for it! :ok:

Stronny
18th Jan 2012, 13:22
Thanks Chris, looking forward to the challenge, hope it all works out for you!