PDA

View Full Version : New EU-OPS licensing 2012

trigger21
13th Jan 2012, 17:53
Those with JAR OPS licences will have them converted to EU OPS licences as from April 2012. Heard lots of rumours about significant changes to licensing which is supposedly designed similar to the US system. Am I right in thinking that so long as you have a valid type rating on your JAR licence (I.e entered after April 2007- within the 5 yr validity) it will now be valid on your licence for life rather than 5 years.

If anyone has further information on the new system would be great to share thoughts. Any idea on the prices for renewal?

G

BANANASBANANAS
25th Jan 2012, 16:01
Thats the way I read the latest information but we wont know for sure until the first EASA licences are issued - which in UK is July 2012.

gorter
25th Jan 2012, 16:34
Am currently on the 757 but previously flew another type (last lpc 18 months ago) does that mean the previous type will stay valid for life as well as my current. If so happy days.

BANANASBANANAS
26th Jan 2012, 03:22
I think you will be ok there gorter but not 100% sure. There is a pdf document produced by UK CAA which has lots of FAQs on it and your question is addressed but I am unable to copy and paste for some reason.

In essence, it states that ain April your JAR licence will automatically become an EASA licence and all ratings will run to their JAR expiry date. At or before the calendar expiry date of your JAR (EASA) licence you must apply for a full EASA licence. All ratings that are valid on your JAR licence will be transferred. Those that are not valid will not officially be transferred but UK CAA will make a separate note on your licence of any ratings you have held that are no longer valid. Subsequent renewal/revalidation would be in accordance with EASA Part FCL requirements.

Hope that helps.

Bananas:ok:

Arkroyal
9th Feb 2012, 11:42
I seem to remember getting a leter from the UKCAA some time back asking me to monitor their website for what to do with a CAA ATPL (not JAR) by April.

Can find nothing about the procedure. Does anyone know what happens to UK CAA non JAR licences in a few weeks?

FOUR REDS
9th Feb 2012, 14:15
Licensing and Training Standards | EASA | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?gid=2061)

Arkroyal
11th Feb 2012, 14:59
Thanks for that link Four reds

Eff Oh
12th Feb 2012, 13:27
Quick question guys.

I know you will probably direct me to the various documents but I just need a simple answer if possible. ;-) I have a JAR ATPL issued by UK CAA. I now work in the Middle East therefore I am not exercising the privileges of my JAR licence. My last LPC was on the 737 in 2010, and my licence expires in July 2012. What do I need to do in order to keep my rating and licence? Must I renew my LPC on the 737 by 8th April, or do I just need to renew my medical by that date? Upon renewing my ATPL in July can I expect the new EUOPS licence? Thanks in advance guys. I am more than a little confused by the regulations as I've been out of the UK for the past 2 years.

Cheers.

EO.

Arkroyal
22nd Feb 2012, 09:56
Hmmmmm

So after ploughing through the 36 page document I think I can continue using a CAA ATPL(A) on EASA aircraft until 7th April 2014.

I could convert it to a JAR license if I want to, but still have to convert it to EASA by that date. Paying twice of course.

If I convert it after 1st July this year I can get an EASA license.

As it expires in November this year, if I apply to renew nearer that date, I'll get an EASA license for life.

I think.

Eff oh.

Good luck with the document.