PDA

View Full Version : CPL THEORY

Roff
13th Jan 2012, 17:35
Are some country's easier to pass the ground exams than others?

paco
13th Jan 2012, 18:30
Maybe not easier, because you still need the knowledge, but certainly some are more straightforward than, say, JAA/EASA.

Roff
13th Jan 2012, 21:40
More straightforward surely results in being easier?
Are the exams in these country's valid for CPL in this country or is it strictly JAA/EASA only?

I want to be an instructor only and see so much irrelevance in the QB's

paco
14th Jan 2012, 05:50
People think the FAA exams are "easier", but they are not necessarily, they are just more to the point.

JAA exams are theoretically acceptable in other JAA countries but it is not always the case. Non JAA ones are not acceptable for JAA.

An instructor needs to know as much as possible to do the job properly.

zondaracer
14th Jan 2012, 07:29
Well, I certainly would prefer doing multiple choice in the UK over "write the correct answer in the white space provided" that they do in Germany.

SA Brit
14th Jan 2012, 15:09
I would hope someone planning on 'only being an instructor' would go the more thorough route, particularly if your going to be my instructor.

The UK CPL theory isn't that tough, but there is quite a bit of it. Good set of books/ground school you'll be fine.

Roff
14th Jan 2012, 18:26
Only being an instructor in things i already know minus the way in which i teach it, as for General knowledge in aircraft i will never fly to an extent in which
70 % will leave my head as soon as i pass the exam and how the eye works with more info than an optician needs etc etc etc i think i have a valid query.

If i could fly abroad and pass these exams in half the time by cutting out the bullsh*t then i would tomorrow unless i had more time on my hands.

Thanks for the reply's tho guys, :ok:

paco
15th Jan 2012, 07:18
"Only being an instructor in things i already know minus the way in which i teach it, as for General knowledge in aircraft i will never fly to an extent in which
70 % will leave my head as soon as i pass the exam and how the eye works with more info than an optician needs etc etc etc i think i have a valid query."

How do the authorities know you're only going to be only an instructor? Once you have a licence, you can go anywhere. You should therefore know what everyone else knows, especially if you're going to teach it. You might not need it, but they will.

Roff
16th Jan 2012, 01:01
How do the authorities know you're only going to be only an instructor?

Truth be known, They don't care!
More exams equals more money! Eg IFR comm's / VFR comm's..

Didn't the ATPL books teach you that?