PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Flight Schools?

Sagit89
13th Jan 2012, 16:29
Good day you all;)

So the main point I am writing is to ask for a good suggestion of a respectful Canadian flight school to take me from my UK CAA PPL to CPL and/or ATPL. ATPL Integrated Schools suggestions would be highly appreciated, if you know some. I am currently searching for some online, but it is hard to find any comments and feedbacks on specific schools.

I am looking for schools which would be more attractive for Canadian Employers, than others. For example such as in Europe CTC, FTE and Oxford are more attractive to the airliners than modular courses or anything else.

So if you just know something I would be very thankful for any information provided;)

Also I am interested how is the current situations with jobs in Canada? And not only the Ailiner jobs, but anything else, such as forrest fire fighters and photographic jobs.

Pace152
13th Jan 2012, 18:12
And good day to you,

There used to be a flight school in Canada that was a kind of aviation college that did JAA flight training called Moncton College. Moncton is still there but they stopped doing JAA training a few years ago.

Your best bet in Canada is probably to do the Canadian CPL and IR and then convert it to JAA back in Europe. I think Harvs Air seem pretty well setup to do this.

This would probably cost you about the same as doing just the JAA CPL IR in Europe and you'll also get the Canadian Licences for the money, which is a good thing to have if you're going to atempt to work in Canada.

Its kind of similair to what I'm attempting to do now through going through the immigration to Canada process.

I don't think there are any CTC/Oxford type options in Canada.

Hope this helps.

paco
13th Jan 2012, 18:29
Agreed - Harv's Air are very professional and friendly.

Sagit89
13th Jan 2012, 18:58
cheers guys;)

But as Paco advised, can anyone else give some options to look for? To compare them all. Have anyone heared of The Professional Flight Centre?

And I was actually thinking of immigrating to Canada myself;)

Thanks again for the tips

paco
14th Jan 2012, 05:54
You mean Pro IFR? Also excellent. It depends on whether you want the rain and real busy airspace - Steinbach (Winnipeg) has over 265 clear days a year.

If you are thinking of immigrating, you'd best get yourself over there and visit them. You want to do firefighting, you will need a float rating and at least 500 hours on floats. Ontario is where the bombers are.

Pace152
14th Jan 2012, 15:51
Good on ya,

If you're thinking of emmigrating to Canada then you'll deffinetly be a big point up if you can get your Canadian Licence and make some contacts out in Canada while you're doing it.

Better to start the immigration process as soon as possible though as it takes aloooong time to get all the details together that they need :ok:

Sagit89
15th Jan 2012, 21:15
Cheers all you guys for the tips;)

Shnzee
23rd Apr 2014, 19:59
Anybody out there who has done his/her PPL from Harv's Air or currently doing it? I would highly appreciate any feedback/advise.