PDA

View Full Version : help with flying schools

ahmedsalman
13th Jan 2012, 08:45
hi i'm new to the fourm so hi to every one. i'm currently on the end of my ppl course i'm about a couple of lessons away from my skills test. can anyone recommend flying schools in the usa for hour building thanks

CharlieTangoZulu
13th Jan 2012, 09:48
skymates in texas, i have few mates of mine who went there just for the hour building and they were very happy about it. i'm actually planning to go there to to do my ppl and cpl next year

Parson
13th Jan 2012, 09:54
Am sure you will get a fair bit of advice on this.

One thing I would say is to keep some of hour building back for the UK and use it to get to know the local area where you plan to do your CPL.

Practice a few nav exs in the area and get to know the relevant landmarks, airspace restrictions, airfields etc. Perhaps speak to your intended school and get some advice on how you should be spend your hour building time.

Don't just go for the cheapest option and bore holes in the sky - it will probably be the only time you have a fixed amount of flying to do and are able to choose what and were. Plan it properly and enjoy!

Luddite aviator
13th Jan 2012, 11:14
Don't forget to look at the total cost of going to the USA, by the time you factor in the costs of airline tickets, hotels, car hire, meals Etc you could find that the Cost in the USA is closer to the UK price than might at first be apparent.

Any how the search engine is your friend........use it !

ahmedsalman
14th Jan 2012, 09:01
thanks for your replies

Gomrath
14th Jan 2012, 22:53
Remember you do not need a full blown Flight School for simple hour building.
You will need to complete your BFR but thereafter you can go to a FBO and rent without having to incur expense at larger training organizations.