PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Med Renewal

SPL-101
13th Jan 2012, 02:23
Hey

Just wanted to know how to renew my class 1 medical. There doesn't seen to be a form on the CASA site. Also how long before it expires do i go for the renewal.

Cheers

Capt Claret
13th Jan 2012, 03:28
Hey makes the bull sh!t, or so my father used to tell me.

Call your local DAME & make an appointment, tell them what type of licence medical renewal it is (PPL/CPL/ATPL). Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Home (http://www.casa.gov.au) will have a link to DAME locations.

If you renew within 28 days of expiry, the renewal is valid for 1 year from expiry date. I suspect if you renew more than 28 days before expiry, the expiry date will be reset to the date of the renewal.

After midnight on expiry date, you can't exercise the licence privileges, though Class 1 in most cases becomes Class 2 (?) at Class 1 expiry date.

morno
13th Jan 2012, 03:28
Errrrr, you go to a DAME. The same way you would have gotten the medical in the first place.

And I suggest you renew it before it runs out, :rolleyes:.

morno

Fondair
13th Jan 2012, 05:56
What makes a DAME 'the best'? How many items on the list he simply skims through?

Tidbinbilla
13th Jan 2012, 08:06
Dr. O: Yes, Buzz flew for Cathay as far as I know. His father may be retired, but I stand to be corrected.

PA39
13th Jan 2012, 08:55
Yep...DAME's, I remember the one who had me do the hearing test whilst they jack hammered the tiles up in his foyer and then there was the one who made my well endowed senior pilot take off her bra to do the eye test!! you work it out.