PDA

View Full Version : Come on... put up your hand & own up.

MATELO
12th Jan 2012, 20:25
Which one of you didnt get the brakes on quick enough after a jaunt across the north sea.

Sonic boom shakes homes across North East - Breaking News - News - JournalLive (http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2012/01/12/sonic-boom-shakes-homes-across-north-east-72703-30111909/)

500N
12th Jan 2012, 23:01
I like the photo in this article.

'Earthquake' reported in north of England... but experts say buildings were shaken by sonic boom of a PLANE | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085847/Earthquake-reported-north-England--experts-say-buildings-shaken-sonic-boom-PLANE.html)

What are the 6 white circles ?

wiggy
12th Jan 2012, 23:05
Wasn't me, I didn't get above walking pace all day and I'm limited to M.87 when I do go flying ..but I'll own up to my Boss booming Lowestoft once ( around 1980...I believe a hats on with the AOC followed) :D

Airborne Aircrew
13th Jan 2012, 01:19

They spin plates to earn extra money for their PVR... :}

high spirits
13th Jan 2012, 05:40
Wasn't me gov. The only bit that goes near supersonic is the blade tip......

I don't know the date having not read the article but on balance of probability, the crate I was flying probably went u/s in dispersal anyway.

A2QFI
13th Jan 2012, 06:08
Rubbish reporting! IF the event was caused by 2 a/c going supersonic at the same time AND while pointing inland at 1515 WTF has the photo of contrails taken later at dusk got to do with anything? A sonic boom is only a rumble if far away, and while it can damage buildings it can't "move the earth" SFAIK.

Cows getting bigger
13th Jan 2012, 06:51
Not me. I checked with Mrs CGB and the last 'sonic boom' we had was a decade or so ago. :{

bingofuel
13th Jan 2012, 08:02
Ah, but did the earth move ?

mikip
13th Jan 2012, 09:03
Typical over dramatised reporting!

Wizzard
13th Jan 2012, 09:41

Read the caption of the first photograph and all will be revealed

HTB
13th Jan 2012, 09:53
Damn, there goes the formation flying saucer formation theory then...:8

This event is reported (albeit by the Daily Mail) as a "Massive" sonic boom; do they come in differing magnitudes if you have multi-aircraft formations simutaneously going through the sound barrier?

Mister B

Ken Scott
13th Jan 2012, 09:59
In the response part of MailOnline Dave from Hastings writes:

I don't know if it was Aliens, but shortly after those sonic booms were heard up North, a circular vehicle landed in my back garden. Two beings emerged and enquired if there were any B&B's locally, on phoning around it transpired they were full, so we put them up for the night. They are very partial to a good fry up and are tucking into every bit of food we have available. I explained that there was reports in the news about eating too much of processed food as it would give them cancer. They replied they had been visiting Earth for many years and scoffing all the stuff these scaremongers say isn't good for you and it hasn't done them any harm. They have heard Spain is suffering and bargains to be had, so they are off there later as they have a few Euro's left from the last visit there and want shot of them before the currency collapses. PS. they say it's true about the Mayan predictions and advise everyone to not bother stocking up on food etc' and to have an early Xmas.

Made me chuckle anyway.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Jan 2012, 10:16
Hopefully, like the 2 times I did it, the formation leader will own up to doing it solo and the rest can maintain a dignified silence.

Mach Two
13th Jan 2012, 11:27
It was me. Sorry.

APG63
13th Jan 2012, 11:29
No, it wasn't. It was me.

cazatou
13th Jan 2012, 12:15
I was reported as a "Flying Saucer" whilst night flying from Acklington back in 1966. Mind you it was "Chucking Out time" in the Pubs and Clubs in Newcastle. I spent half a day filling in a series of Forms in respect of the " Sighting".

Green Flash
13th Jan 2012, 12:25
Used to regularly get booms dropped over Gutersloh in the mid 80's. Normaly the TRA was filled with the drone of the Dorniers from Wunstorf(?). OCNL Dutch F-16's would pitch up, get a bit sporty & in rememberance of old times drop a boom on Westphalia and scoot off home to Twente :E

A2QFI
13th Jan 2012, 13:24
That's better! Military demonstrating their presence in the defence of NATO, no structural damage, and no snivelling civilians ringing the police and Gemeinde to complain!

Green Flash
13th Jan 2012, 13:30
No structural damage, you say? ..... I did hear of one or two ex-greenhouses ;)

And the locals complained allright. We gave them the number of the Dutch Embassy ..... :}

itwasme
13th Jan 2012, 13:40
Itwasme...

ramp_up
14th Jan 2012, 09:23
Good job they put the bit about supersonic flight in the JHC FOB or it could have been me.

ACW599
14th Jan 2012, 19:24
<anorak mode ON>

Mode S logs suggest that several F-15s out of Lakenheath were playing in the general area at the time...

<anorak mode OFF>