PDA

View Full Version : Philippino entry on a transit visa

Cymmon
11th Jan 2012, 18:22
A friend of mine is due to travel from Manila via Manchester to Spain.
She has all the documentation etc, but can we be sure of a smooth connection?

We have 8 hours between connection to Spain and 20 hour for the return connection.

Thanks.

Hartington
11th Jan 2012, 19:55
Reading your other post about FF miles I get the impression this is being done on separate tickets. That means your friend will actually need to enter the UK. Does a transit visa permit that? And have you considered their situation should the "connection" fail (with those time unlikely but you never know)?

Cymmon
11th Jan 2012, 21:49
Yes, this is unconnected to the FF question. My friend will be travelling with me in Oct/nov from the Philippines to Lanza.
I will (unless Qmiles allow) pay full business fare for this trip.

It is just that the flight times work out at 0730 arrival in the UK with departure of 1455, then on return a 2100 arrival but a 1455 departure the following day.

Hartington
12th Jan 2012, 05:00
Yes, but will the whole journey be on one ticket? If it is not (and I don't see how it can be) your friend will have to enter the UK and then leave again which may not be covered by a transit visa.

Cymmon
12th Jan 2012, 20:34
We have tickets for all flights but not as a straight through ticket.

We have proof of onward connections for both directions, so hopefully by showing intent of departure back to Philippines should be enough?

RichieD
12th Jan 2012, 22:34
Suggest you talk to your travel agent... and look at the Uk Border Agency website: UK Border Agency | In transit through the UK (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/transitthroughtheuk/)

L'aviateur
13th Jan 2012, 05:10
Your friend, a Filipino National, wouldn't need a transit visa if remaining airside, however with seperate tickets it's likely that a transit visa will be needed and this will be more then sufficient for your circumstances.

If you have any more specific questions, or want more information on the UK Visa process in Manila, feel free to PM me.

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Jan 2012, 11:48
As per a PM, there are complications.

Good Luck with the Pinay Express.

Ingat

glf