PDA

View Full Version : How is "Riverside Flight Center" and "Wings of Wyoming"

Dworkin0415
11th Jan 2012, 01:31
Dear sir.,

1. I would like to learning flight on March in U.S.
2. But my budget affords to USD40,000 to 45,000 include Housing.
3. Should be Part-141 course, 250 hours at least and Multi-Engine.
4. I found a few schools of below which are fit my requirements.
(1)Riverside Flight Center, roughly approx. USD41000.
(2)Wings of Wyoming, roughly approx. USD42000(excl. Housing)
5. Which one is better between theirs, Cost, Safety, Environment.
6. Or have any other suggestions, how about the UK?
7. I am Taiwanese student.
Many thanks.

zondaracer
11th Jan 2012, 11:43
You will probably have a hard time finding people who have attended these schools, especially the one in Wyoming. The reason being that there are just so many schools in the US.

Having said that, I havenīt been to either, but I have been to Wyoming (I am from Colorado); we used to drive up to Wyoming to buy fireworks. Cheyenne is a nice town but it is only 90,000 people. The whole state of Wyoming has 500,000 people. It is the real west and you will see cowboys. The living costs will definitely be very affordable and you will get a lot of high altitude experience. It is a nice place but have that in mind especially if you are used to coming from a big crowded city. It will be a big change.

When going anywhere in the US, you most likely need to take into account the cost of a car. Lots of guys buy an inexpensive car and sell it when the leave, so they donīt lose too much in costs (of course there are expenses such as insurance, registration, maintenance so get a reliable one, and fuel that you wonīt ever get back).

Dworkin0415
11th Jan 2012, 16:29
Dear sir,
Thank you for your kindly help. And having useful information.:)

DYPilot
12th Jan 2012, 20:29
You also have to consider whether these schools are J1/F1-visa approved, as you are an international student.

zondaracer
12th Jan 2012, 21:36
For some reason I thought riverside flight center was in California, but I guess it is in Oklahoma, right?

In that case, Oklahoma also has a relatively low cost of living.

Riverside is SEVIS approved
Wings of Wyoming is not.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/355153-riverside-flight-center-pros-cons.html

FattyBarr
15th Jan 2012, 13:12
RFC is a top notch school, if you're prepared to work hard you will be looked after, there are guys passing out of there in around 6 months at the moment.

Alot of the stuff on the link to the other thread about RFC is utter sh!te, if you are serious and dedicated then you will do fine there.

Good luck