PDA

View Full Version : food poisoning

OPEN DES
8th Jan 2012, 17:52
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate some help with this.
I am going for a UK JAR class 1 medical revalidation tomorrow. Unfortunately I have been suffering from a food poisoning the last few days. Only as of today I am able to go out and do stuff. However I am still not back to 100%. Could this in any way affect my medical examination tomorrow?
The way I feel now I would probably go back to work tomorrow.

Best regards,

O.D.

DX Wombat
8th Jan 2012, 18:11
If your medical isn't going to expire in the next few days then you should leave it a minimum of 48 hrs after your symptoms have disappeared. If there is a problem with the expiry then ring your AME and/or the CAA.

OPEN DES
8th Jan 2012, 20:13
Thanks for the quick reply. Medical is indeed expiring in a few days so will see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again.

gingernut
8th Jan 2012, 21:37
If you do attend, it'dbe wise to let them know about your recent illness, can't think off the top of my head of anything in the exam that could go wrong, except maybe ketones on your urine or maybe a tender belly.

cskafan123
9th Jan 2012, 07:07
Guys,
Sorry for the off- topic,but do you know ,what would be the consequences for someone who goes for his JAR medical renewal after it is expired(lets say a month or so).Does that person have to re-do initial examination again?

Mine medical expired on the 03rd of January, and I am planning to go by the end of the month,since I am using my vocation at the moment.

Cskafan

tom775257
9th Jan 2012, 08:14
No, no problem for that amount of time. It becomes a renewal afaik and has no change from the usual. No idea the maximum amount of time, but I had my class one expire and then took the medical over a month later for various reasons. It was exactly the same as usual.

cskafan123
9th Jan 2012, 08:28
Tom775257,

Great! Thanks.
Cskafan