PDA

View Full Version : ATPL GROUND EXAMS

Roff
7th Jan 2012, 21:45
A similar question has been asked before but without the actual answers given!

With access to a question bank, How many subjects can you prepare for without the Atpl books or dvd?

I'm wanting to know because i would like to be ready for some exams before i spent any money on books etc.. I know you would need to see the study material before the real exam but i have a good understanding of Airlaw and the 2 comm exams just from the QB just to start.
I'm not sure i have what it takes for Atpl theory but it plays on my mind every day.

My end goal would be to become a ferry pilot and some instruction :ok:

I know i'm going to attract the usual critics now but i'm sure i'm not alone with this and i'm sure your answers will learn us all something,

Be nice

MIKECR
7th Jan 2012, 22:19
You dont need ATPL exams to be an instructor or a 'ferry' pilot. You can do the CPL exams instead.

Roff
7th Jan 2012, 22:26
Hi i have looked into CPL, It's more or less the same stuff and apparently ends in April under EASA.
CPL is the option i would go for if it stays

Dick Whittingham
8th Jan 2012, 14:08
Hi Roff

The system requires you to carry out a course of instruction at a recognised FTO. You can't just walk up and say "test me"

Your course provider will include books and DVDs in th price of the course. Extra work on QBs is useful, but not essential, as it illuminates the dark corners of the examiner minds

For you to sit your exams your course provider has to certify to the CAA, based on your performance on the course, that you have reached a reasonable level of knowledge

So the aswer is no, you cannot pass any exam by working on your own on a QB. A course at a school is mandatory.