PDA

View Full Version : EXAMS IN DECEMBER ..... HELP

smartcol
8th Nov 2001, 19:55
I know this is a regularly asked question , but I need to ask it !
I am currently self-studying in the library in Cranfield (the joy of it all) and have got all the papers and books I can from Scabair ... Was wondering if anyone had ANY KIND of feedback for Mass and Balance , Law amd JAR OPS ... I hear Oxford or SFT are best ... would appreciate all the ehlp I could get ... will gladly pay if in good .
E-mail me direct at [email protected]
Thanks ... :confused:

A and C
8th Nov 2001, 21:42
Go on the two week brush up that ATA at coventry do the flight engineers that JMC trained for the ATPL at cabair did this and the word from them was that two weeks at ATA was as good as five weeks at cabair.

redsnail
8th Nov 2001, 21:48
I was recently at ATA and I don't think they do the brush ups any more. Oxford however, do. I was happy with ATA, I did the full course though. (most subjects they do very well, a couple could be done better.)

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
9th Nov 2001, 00:20
smartcol - where u sitting examz? im at LGW for december got my last visit hopefully for day 1 and 2 - praps see u there ?

Matthewjharvey
9th Nov 2001, 03:03
ATA Coventry are a shambles, Bristol's feedback is by far the best I have seen for just about all subjects. 2 weeks there will sort you out.

Good Luck.

Tristar Freak
9th Nov 2001, 04:11
ATA a shambles?
I got through the Nav group of exams with an average mark of 84% with them. The rest of the students in my group all scored very highly, with no-one getting any less than 4 passes out of 7.
Still there working my way through the tech group. There are, as redsnail says, a couple of subjects that could do with a bit of polishing up, but all in all, it is a very professional outfit who actually give a damn about the students that pass through their doors.

Matthewjharvey
9th Nov 2001, 13:31
Tristar Freak,

I agree that ATA very much have their heart in the right place but the organisation as a whole appears to be rather disorganised and only surviving due to the support of their parent company. With Bristol I averaged 93% in the nav exams, I suspect my tech results will be very much below that having brushed up at ATA.

Valiant
9th Nov 2001, 20:39
Greaser, I think you are confusing ATA with Atlantic Flight Training. I finished my groundschool at ATA earlier in the year and like Redsnail and Tristar Freak was very happy with them.

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: Valiant ]

smartcol
9th Nov 2001, 21:26
Am sitting exams in Silsoe , close to Cranfield .

As far as Coventry goes , it all sounds great but I don`t have time for brush-ups I just need the feedback from there or from Bristol .

Can anyone help me out ???

Broken Wings
9th Nov 2001, 21:44
Smartcol

I sat the M&B in October using the Bristol notes and feedback and got 92%. Sat Perf, JAR Ops and Air Law at Silsoe this week - Perf a scrape? others should be 90's. My personal experience/advice is:

1. Pay for Bristols M&B practice exams they're worth every penny, however I don't know whether they'll sell them seperately. Asking others who have paid for their notes/feedback to copy is not only a copyright issue but it doesn't help the financial situation of the FTO; clearly from recent examples FTO's are not all rich. AFT's Air Law notes and feedback are highly recommended.

2. The conference centre at Silsoe is highly recommended for the exams, their rooms are a 9/8 iron from the exam room!

3. If you want more details on Silsoe and the feedback I have passed to others please send me your email address on the private message system.

BW

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: Broken Wings ]