PDA

View Full Version : Bay Flight (NZ) gone bust?

Luke SkyToddler
4th Jan 2012, 05:09
Just back in NZ on summer hols, reading the paper today and seen an advert from receivers selling the assets of Bay Flight?

Maybe I'm a few weeks behind the times or something, what's going on there? Is it all shut down? Who's the owners, is it still PH's baby or did he sell out? What's happened to the aircraft and the students?

divinesoul
4th Jan 2012, 13:52
ph sold the school in 2010.sad to see it go.

haughtney1
4th Jan 2012, 14:49
Geez Luke, you are SO out of touch :E

Lindstrim
4th Jan 2012, 20:09
Went into liquidation on 22nd Dec.

The A/c are sitting in hangars on the field and it's waiting for a person to come and buy them.

The students are being cared for by NMIT and have the option of going to another NMIT school to complete their training, but word on the street is that there is possibly a buyer who will start within the week if the students commit to staying.

divinesoul, Yes PH sold it in 2010 to someone (Who you can check on the companies office website) and it was him that put it into Liquidation.

:ugh:

Luke SkyToddler
4th Jan 2012, 23:05
Unbelieveable ... Hooks ran it as a profitable business for what, 15 years and the new guy has bankrupted it in one year?

Guess it isn't all that surprising though ... Bay Flight without Hooks, is kind of like a Coruba without Coke :E

Sad end to what was absolutely undoubtedly the best flying school in the country for such a long time. Good luck to all the students and instructors.

continue#1
5th Jan 2012, 23:54
I doubt this guy actually new what he was buying, could possibly been one hell of a hospital pass.

Sad to see this sort of thing happening, I hope somebody comes to the rescue.

DanArcher
6th Jan 2012, 01:26
Sad end to what was absolutely undoubtedly the best flying school in the country for such a long time

I for one am enjoying the peace and quiet on Taupo mbz, maybe Bay Flight went down hill after hooks sold it. But I'm glad not to have to hear Bay Flight students entering the mbz & then making position reports every 2 minutes (no joke) :ugh: