PDA

View Full Version : OZ Up north?

Cleared for take-off
3rd Jan 2012, 13:35
Has anyone had any experience of getting a non- instructing job with no OZ passport or PR? Would it be possible at all for a fresh CPL with ME-CIR?

Any advice would be great :D

PartBanannaClap
3rd Jan 2012, 20:40
I don't see why, so long as you are on a working visa with plenty of time left that you wouldn't get a job. Some operators might frown at it as they know you would be on a time frame with them, but lets be honest, despite what a new pilot would say to the CP, no one hangs around, your only there until something better comes along.

Are you planning on staying in Australia? have you thought about getting residency?

Only advise I could give you would be to be upfront about your visa status with any potential employer.

PBC :cool:

Di_Vosh
3rd Jan 2012, 20:50
As mentioned, if you've got some time left on your working visa (suggest > 1 year) an employer might be interested.

To work here you also need your DG certificate (can be done online).

Your biggest problem will be getting an ASIC.

DIVOSH!

Cleared for take-off
5th Jan 2012, 11:49
When are the usual months that most GA hiring happen in Australia? I'm planning to head back with a longer visa if possible and drive around and meeting some chief pilots etc... Would up north (Darwin) be the only option, or can anyone share their experience of landing their first job in OZ while on a visa? :ok: