3rd Jan 2012, 09:32
You must be looking for one that has been "closed or removed" ? :ok:

Di_Vosh
3rd Jan 2012, 09:51
LOL! Many laughs tonight

DIVOSH!

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 10:03
Anybody know of a good flying school? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gifdont goe to 'dirk dodgy aviation school and second hand lawnmowers' i paid them 10000 up front in cash and then they trained me for only 300 hrs without going for a GFPT and said i wasnt a propa pilyt and had to pay for tha replacement windsock too or the aerodrom manager would get the Boral Asphalt Cru to tar and feather me while they were fixing the gouges in the runway. they are really mean. :{:}

You know it's Christmas when the annual 'Don't start the Flying School bashing/PR effort from new Flying School on the field/counter PR effort/more bashing Thread because we're over it and sick of the defamation threats' sticky goes up. :E

No disrespect to the mods BTW, I agree with the sentiment.

Cactusjack
3rd Jan 2012, 10:50
Tailwheel must be busy working off some of the Xmas festivities?
I thought my baiting him would result in thread closure within an hour, but this was obviously not meant to be?
Perhaps his new years resolution is to be mild, patient, a more caring, sympathetic and understanding MOD, tolerant of foolish antics, practical jokes and borderline litigious posts????

Mind you, maybe he earned a rest, after all rumor has it he will remain a MOD at least until the regulatory reform process is completed!

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 11:00
Probably trying to enjoy a dry martini and ignore the rabble for a few hours. Never a good idea in D&G. :E
To the tune of a well known ad from the local floodwater-in-a can providore;
I can feel a thread closed coming on...
EjANSGRwoCM

Cactusjack
3rd Jan 2012, 11:09
Wow classic footage of Tailwheel wearing his sluggers in the surf!!

Worrals, you should know by now that you and I posting in the same thread usually = immediate lock!

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 11:15
Maybe a BDSM reference is in order :}. It worked last time...and the time before that...

Cactusjack
3rd Jan 2012, 11:19
Mmmm. I should dish out some of my Wirthless fantasies perhaps?? Or maybe not!

Speaking of YouTube, memories and drinks, what about the old TAB cola beach commercial? That was a personal favorite of mine. I mean the chick on the beach wasn't wearing a rubber suit and didn't have a ping pong ball in her mouth but the add was still terrific !!

P.S I have added 'feet' to my repertoire of 'extra interests' of late:ok:

VH-XXX
3rd Jan 2012, 11:22
Whilst on the topic I'm a Kiwi and was wondering if there are any jobs in Australia ? My friend in helicopters in the US is also looking for work is Jayrow hiring? Final question, should my friend start flying in a high wing or low wing?

Cactusjack
3rd Jan 2012, 11:27
VH-XXX can't help you. I am in Bombay. You Aussies don't appreciate work you have in flying big jets. You all whinge and union strike and then complain of not fare wage at Quntas.
You come and fly Mahatmar airlines and then complain to see how good you have it.

P.S Can I have you Kiwi friend email contact so I speak to him about maybe New Zealand job for me thanks

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 11:30
Plenty of jobs involving feet, advertising and Wirthless PR skills.

Flying jobs, Jeez, I dunno. Do we do flying anymore or has it all been outsourced to Asia for 2 bucks a day?

High wing, low wing? In Australia we only do press driven, impotent, quasi left wing these days. Best you guys stay back home or maybe try India... :}

Is that the commercial with Elle M in it? Now that could get defamatory...:E

MakeItHappenCaptain
3rd Jan 2012, 11:37
Yes, all such hard work when you can just get a certain schools east of the Arabian sea to sign off your >5700kg endorsements for a few bucks extra, no flying required.....:rolleyes:
Maybe word got around that a former PM reckoned we were all glorified taxi drivers? (Yeah, bus, I know...)

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 11:42
At least you collectively escaped marrying Blanche...
Yes, all such hard work when you can just get a certain schools east of the Arabian sea to sign off your >5700kg endorsements for a few bucks extra, no flying required.....:rolleyes:Fair dinkum? That's scary. :eek:

ForkTailedDrKiller
3rd Jan 2012, 11:44
Time for the Dr to get serious about my flying career.

Should I validate my defunct Instructors Rating or go bush and peddle a Cessna around the bush for a while. Mrs Dr doesn't seem too keen on going bush, but maybe its time for a new missus also!

How many years will it take me to get into the left seat of some BIG iron? I figure I only have 10 - 20 good years left in me!

Is my 2010 Commodore SS good enough to get me across to Broome?

Where can I get a Type Rating on an Airvan? I have about 3000 hrs, including 800 hrs in the notorious Forktailed Dr Killer and an hour in the righthand seat of a C90. How many hrs will it take me to complete the Type Rating on the Airvan?

I used to fly a C185 about 30 yrs ago! Will that help me get the jump on all the wannabes?

Dr :8

Jack Ranga
3rd Jan 2012, 11:46
u blokes (and sheilas) are full of ****.get a grip.do u all know how hard it is 2 get off you're arse and go 2 these schools face 2 face and say 'i wanna learn how to fly'

Half these dip**** schools havent heard of facebook, i twittered some goose i thought was a flying instructor and the prick told me 2 come in and have a look around the skool? Can you beleive that ahole?? im busy working on a program to bypass this pain in the arse spellcheck that turns iphone into iPhone witch is going to save all u lot a **** load of time, least youse could do is find me a farkin flying skool :ugh: pricks

MakeItHappenCaptain
3rd Jan 2012, 11:56
Fair dinkum? That's scary.

Yup. Earlier this year think it was about 17 pilots had their King endos revoked by Indian DCA for having less than half the time listed in their logbooks.

Another region pilot mentioned the Scarebus skipper who managed three landings on the nosegear before they got their dodgy endo yanked.

Not scary....Horrific.

Couldn't agree more, Ranga!
Who's the stingy bastard who won't retire from his $200k job flying a 172 (with paid accomodation at the nearest Hilton, meals, fellation consultant (again with the Hilton), company Ferrari) and hasn't even got the good grace to send me a personallised job offer?
Lazy f:mad:cker!

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Jan 2012, 12:08
So that's what we have to look forward to when the global aviation scene hits Australia. After all, safety can't compete anymore, it's bad for the shareholders and the government doesn't want to be anti business. :hmm:

Globalisation, this is what they do in foreign parts and we have to compete with foreign parts (BTW, what's a foreign CEO earn? And what happens to them when they screw up :eek:?)

SpyderPig
3rd Jan 2012, 12:34
Seriously I'm just got this CPL and havnt had one job offer yet! It's bullsh1t cos I got told I'd be gettin job offers every week because of the pilot shortage and I wouldn't have to use all my phone credit chasin jobs in some backward ass town.

I think I'm just gonna go or that jetstar cadet thing, sounds like a good deal. Anyone have an idea about that? Can someone get them to call me, I'm a heaps good pilot and it would be pretty sweet trawling for chicks at da club in the uni yeah? They told me chicks dig pilots

jas24zzk
3rd Jan 2012, 13:32
You can all go fly in the bush all you like. I'm off to Coles for a shelf packers job, so when they buy Qantas I'll be able to simply transfer in...it'll be cheaper for em too as I'll already have my lovely snot green uniform :cool: