PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew numbers to increase?

myshoutcaptain
2nd Jan 2012, 01:11
Few bits of info coming through about VA increasing cabin numbers not only to aid with Business service but across the board .. likewise info from the JQ camp also ... Have the exemptions not been renewed?. :confused:

Rudder
2nd Jan 2012, 01:32
While I don't care how many are carried, if the increase is going to be imposed by CASA on safety grounds they need to impose it on all airlines that flying into and out of Australia as well as those within. If the issue is a safety one then the determination needs to be consistent.

inandout
2nd Jan 2012, 01:55
As far as VA is concerned nothing to do with CASA, just to need one more for the new Business section under 2hrs. Lots of CC hiring now on.

aviator's_anonymous
6th Jan 2012, 14:03
i hear CASA is currently suspending re-issuing dispensations for 1 in 50,
so when current airline's dispensations run out for 1x50, they will have to go back up to 1 in 36, hence why more crew will be required?

Capt Claret
6th Jan 2012, 22:26
The version of Aviator's_anonymous post, that I've heard, is that the Federal Government hasn't yet decided if it will ratify the 1:50, and if it decides not to, all will,have to go back to 1:36. Decision by mid 2012 I believe.