PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

Mach Two
1st Jan 2012, 01:36
Look, it's 02:15. It's New Years Day. Nothing is happening here. I know this because I'm on duty tonight and I have nothing better to do than watch the repeats of the fireworks, Michael Macintire and glance occasionally at the internet. Nothing wrong with any of that.

So here's the thing. There are, right now 287 people viewing the Mil Aircrew bit of PPRuNe. What the hell are you doing? I can't be bothered to work out where you're all located because it takes a long time to do it. But I can tellyou what I've tracked so far. 76 people from the UK. 46 people from the US of A. Welcome. Thank you for being here. 32 people from South America. I could track you down if I had a mind to do so, but I might watch a film instead. 12 from Iran. Hi guys, it makes me feel warm inside that you're here with me tonight. Pakistan, disapointing, only 4. I wish you a Happy New Year, I hope you can patch things up with the Americans soon; we're getting hungry so please, let's have some good will soon. France, you're obviously all out partying or doing what you guys do best. Only 4. I love you all. 2 from Israel. Sorry about all the rubbish in the Big Blu thread. It was all just a bit of fun. Really.

Finally, one person who is not here. BEagle. Sorry I pissed you off. I accept your rebuke and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Actually, I wish you ALL a Happy New Year. God bless you and think carefully before any of you do something we all might regret.

So, it's safe to go to bed or whatever it is you would rather be doing than watching PPRuNe tonight. Nothing is going to happen. Check in again in the morning. If you have to monitor the site for intel purposes, put your feet on the desk and sleep. We'll all be here when you wake.

Goodnight.

NutLoose
1st Jan 2012, 02:15
Happy New Year, bored. Reading about people complaining that Top Gear was Racist on the Indian trip and busy plotting to overthrow the world and place Buster at the head of my new world Order....

:p

alisoncc
1st Jan 2012, 02:56
Just drove back from work in the stinking heat of a Melbourne Summer - OAT 36 degC and very humid. Steering wheel of the car was so hot, having been parked for a few hours in the sun, that my hands hovered over it without actually touching it. Bit like handling the controls of a chopper. Why work? Well when everyone else is off is a good time to do IT work. Busy installing a new Windows 2008 R2 server and NAS box. Be back in tomorrow hopefully to wrap it all up, before the bodies return on Tuesday.

overun
1st Jan 2012, 03:18
Sat wondering the same thing, don`t feel tired with another lazy day tomorrow.

err, today.

Courtney Mil
1st Jan 2012, 11:01
76 people in the UK on PPRuNe when they should have been partying or sleeping? That's a bit sad. Dare I ask how you know? Maybe not. Happy to say I was in a champagne-induced coma while you were here. Thank you for watching over us in the night. Perhaps that's why I slept so well.

Lone Kestrel
1st Jan 2012, 11:08
Courtney, Happy New Year and the very best for 2012.:)

ShyTorque
1st Jan 2012, 11:15
What the hell are you doing?

I was asleep but left the computer on.

I know that because when I went to the bathroom this morning I had YTREWQ stamped across my forehead.

Courtney Mil
1st Jan 2012, 13:25
Thanks, LK. I hope 2012 is a happy one for us all! :)

NutLoose
1st Jan 2012, 15:28
I had just got in and was under the weather :cool: elected to put Buster as my world leader as have seen what happened to the likes of Gaddaffi... Saddam etc :p

Courtney Mil
1st Jan 2012, 15:36
But we need to keep him alive until next week as I'm feeling quietly confident about the caption competion. :ok: