PDA

View Full Version : Converting CASA licence to CAAS licence in Singapore

DC323
31st Dec 2011, 05:01
Hello all,

I have just taken a position with the national carrier and I am about to go through the licence conversion processing.

My question is, do I need to get a CASA Verification form (Form 452) filled out and paid up first to release information to the CAAS or will the CAAS just accept copies of my licence and logbook given to them by my company?

Also, they want to see copies of my theory examination results from CPL and ATPL - I cannot for the life of me remember or find my ATPL results paper. :ugh:
Can CASA reprint these for me? Is it the same as the CPL result advice form and could I have them put on one sheet showing all?

Sorry for all the questions, CASA is shut and I need to know as I need to get this done and start training.....

If anyone has gone through the steps recently I would appreciate any advice.

Thx, DC3

QF22
31st Dec 2011, 06:19
Dc
I am an engineer not a pilot, so i cant help you with the pilot stuff.
But just a tip, to get an employment pass in Singapore you will need a copy of your High School Certificate or University Graduation if you have one.
I kid you not, Ministry of Manpower dont care if your a multi rated pilot or engineer.
No certificate from high school or Uni equals no EP equals no job.
Good Luck you will love Singapore especially if youre single !

QF22
31st Dec 2011, 06:25
Also as far as i recall CAAS will talk to CASA, they will need to see all your original docs/ licences.
I dont know about ATPL exams etc . .
I would have thought your employer would have assisted with all this?
Engineers have to sit and pass Air Law and Human Factors exams before they can certify/ work at Changi.
Again i dont know what if any exams pilots have to do?
I am sure your employer will lease with CAAS, mine did.
Good Luck with it all !

DC323
31st Dec 2011, 06:26
Cheers QF22,

Yes, I know. Have the EP. They cared more about my High-School than anything else!

I am looking forward to Singas and I am single!!! :}

QF22
31st Dec 2011, 06:47
DC
You will be beating the girls off with a stick !
Have fun.
Cheers !