PDA

View Full Version : New start up Airline ?

dcten
29th Dec 2011, 05:29
There are rumours that former Astraeus Managers are about to start up operation on a swedish AOC.

Any substance in this ??

Regulation 6
29th Dec 2011, 10:40
If it's true, I hope folks don't get excited about it. Why would the ex mangers of a failed Airline starting a new Airline be anything to get excited about? It would just be a recipe for low pay, poor working conditions and ultimately the inevitable redundancy all over again.

Now - if it was rumours that Errol Cossey were starting a new Airline - that would be something to get excited about...

Where are you Errol? Hopefully you're still around somewhere?

Happy New Year all

500 above
29th Dec 2011, 12:28
Aztruck? Anything to do with the potential TRTO?

gcal
29th Dec 2011, 12:31
Many moons ago my father was offered the chief pilots job at a new start up.
He refused thinking it wouldn't last long.
It was Monarch!

SAS-A321
29th Dec 2011, 13:00
Well Sweden is know to allow a lot of mickey mouse companies, as they are called there, with sketchy management. Maybe this startup could work with Phil Wyatt! :ugh:

aztruck
1st Jan 2012, 16:46
Got to love a good rumour. Quite a few folk out there at the moment wishing to start things. Putting it all together is fascinating stuff, but its not a charity, and Europe is a basket case for this summer.
Wales is nice this time of year though.
Happy New Year folks.

vulcanised
1st Jan 2012, 16:53

You mean it's stopped raining?

adfly
1st Jan 2012, 17:02
I can see the headlines: 'New Swedish start-up airline will operate jetsteam's and foreign registered 737's, joint owners Martin Halstead and Phil Wyatt claim "it will be a success"!!!'

But in all seriousness gcal has a very important point especially when you consider it was the decisions/problems with other airlines which led to their demise and they were a fairly well respected company too! It was mainly down to airlines no longer needing their services (BMI) or being forced to shut down due to the economy (Palmair) that led to Astraeus' demise.

JSCL
1st Jan 2012, 19:18

Interesting use of words, I hear a few rumours around a Welsh based start-up for a good 6 months now.

dcten
2nd Jan 2012, 16:41
to top it all off :

Latest rumour : swedish AOC secured , plans to start ops with A 320 / 330:confused:

JSCL
2nd Jan 2012, 16:44
I highly doubt, even in Sweden, an AOC has already been secured.

Yak97
2nd Jan 2012, 17:50
Well Air Sweden's AOC was suspended, not revoked, so with a little (!) cash that could be available and they had a 320 already

wannabe-aviator
3rd Jan 2012, 06:42
DCTEN

Interesting where did you hear such a rumour and it seems you know more than your letting on with aircraft types and the likes, from what I have been told its actually Black pearl which already owns TORAIR, has already started to bid on the debts of TORAIR perhaps they would be the only ones with enough money for any A330s or A320 operation they have scre---wed enough people to have enough money to afford such an operation, but do share your source and I shall share my source.

Many safe Landings.
:confused:

Hamrah
3rd Jan 2012, 06:49
Don't ya just love rumour networks! :} :}

BOAC
3rd Jan 2012, 07:42
Why does 'Black Pearl' always make me think of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and Johnny Depp?

wannabe-aviator
3rd Jan 2012, 08:22
BOAC

Because they are modern day AIR PIRATES :)

racedo
3rd Jan 2012, 21:12
Could this just be a standard thread as every other month its another "Start up" thread, most never get off the ground.

wannabe-aviator
4th Jan 2012, 08:35
I can confirm what DC10 is saying in terms of aircraft it would seems the A330s are destined on a longterm ACMI/WET lease arrangement to a third party with this proposed Swedish Start Up operating the Aircraft, as for ownership it would seems am mistaken in what I have been told, and it has nothing to do with Black Pearl or Astreaus, interesting stuff indeed lets hope for the best to all concerned.

VIKING9
4th Jan 2012, 08:49
Not Swedish but FEEL Air - We make long haul flying cheap, fast and differently enjoyable - Welcome onboard! (http://www.feelair.com/about/index.html)

Deeko01
24th Feb 2012, 22:46
FlyAirUK is apparently looking start as a Scottish based ACMI airline, someone on this thread is mentioned as the management team. They are apparently looking for investment currently!?