PDA

View Full Version : British Airways - New First Class Cabin

Businesstraveller
23rd Dec 2011, 07:43
I'm looking to travel to Japan next summer and what with an anticipated swallowing of BMI by BA it looks like I may be travelling F class with BA rather than Star Alliance partners, as I've done before.

The BA website states that London-Tokyo is one of the routes served by the B777-300 which has the new first class cabin. However, it's not possible to tell from the booking engine if a flight will be the new or old configuration. Does anyone know the rough percentage of new configuration B777's doing London-Tokyo?

Skipness One Echo
23rd Dec 2011, 09:32
All of the B777-300ERs have new first. Not so the -200ERs, but if it is the bigger aircraft it will have the new cabin for sure.

Narita is on the 300ER
Haneda the 200ER

Businesstraveller
23rd Dec 2011, 10:14
Thanks for that. Seems that there is a considerable variation in views on the new product, all the way from 'excellent and similar to service with SE Asian carriers' all the way to 'little improvement on the outdated original service with food commensurate with C class'.

ExXB
23rd Dec 2011, 10:20
... and don't forget their award winning (NOT) customer service. Beware of the lounge dragons, they don't bite but it sure feels like it.