PDA

View Full Version : FAA Commercial licence ( Multiengine)

glideslopealive
21st Dec 2011, 00:10
Hello, i just want to know if it is possible for one to obtain an FAA commercial pilot licence (Multiengine) without obtaining a Commercial pilot licence (single engine). Thanx

jeff spicoli
21st Dec 2011, 04:59
yes it is. there is no requirement to do single-engine first.
61.127, 61.129 and the PTS offer plenty of guidance.
99% of the cadets at our school never do a commercial single-engine check ride.

B2N2
21st Dec 2011, 12:15
61.127, 61.129 and the PTS offer plenty of guidance.

Translated it means you will do a Initial Commercial Multi engine.
You will need to meet some flight requirements in a Twin such as the 2 hr dual day and dual night flight.
Also the long cross country needs to be completed in a Multi engine airplane.
Any particular reason as to why you do not want or need the CPL SE?
As a low time pilot looking for work your first job might very well be on a single.

glideslopealive
22nd Dec 2011, 21:42
Its just that i will be going back home to Africa to fly. Jobs there are mostly twin engined airplanes. I also want to ask; under part 61, i had not flown the requirements of 5hrs night VFR with 10 landings/takeoffs in a towered airport and the 2hrs night cross-country with one leg at least 100miles. So recently, i did a 3.6hrs night VFR from Gky to SHV, and another 1.5hrs in the traffic pattern at GKY doing 10 touch and go's in a twin. Does this flight count to meet the 2 FAA commercial requirements that i had remaining? thanx

Gomrath
22nd Dec 2011, 22:34
You need to review FAR 61.129(b) as it details the aeronautical experience required for the multi-engine commercial.
Have you also completed the 20 hours of training etc required per 61.129(b)3 ?

glideslopealive
28th Dec 2011, 01:34
yes i have. What manuevers should i expect to do for the Commercial multi. someone told me that only Steep turns, slow flight, stalls, Vmc Demo and short field. Can anyone confirm this? Other stuff to be tested on include single engine ILS, inflight restart and Go-around.

Gomrath
28th Dec 2011, 14:49
Once again - it is all documented - go look in the Practical Test Standards on the FAA website for the Commercial. It details ALL the requirements of the Checkride and permitted tolerances.

To be honest - for a FAA Commercial certificate - you should really know all this like the back of your hand.

You will be tested quite thoroughly on your knowledge of the FAR's during the ground portion of your check ride. Fail the ground portion and you will not get to the flight test.