PDA

View Full Version : E-T-I-H-A-D to buy EK in future

stakeknife
19th Dec 2011, 16:39
A collegue in Europe has a job offer from both EY and EK, he has indicated he will take EY as he thinks they are more financially secure and with all the aircraft orders for the middle easts big 3 that there will be consolidation and that EY will end up buying EK. I have many friends at EK but none in EY and always assumed EK would have been first choice for most people. Does anyone think that the above scenario is likely in the future?

kotakota
19th Dec 2011, 16:49
Thanks for the belly laugh , EY may survive because of ADs bottomless pit of money , but EK is the ultimate financial success ( let us not dwell on thier advantages too much ) , they are well managed , and learnt years ago to give the people what they want ie excellent hub and spoke from nowhere to anywhere .
thanks again , it is a long time to April Fools Day

stakeknife
19th Dec 2011, 17:27
That's what I would have thought, I don't work in ME so thought my collegue had picked up such info when he was out there! Do u think it may be the other way round?

Iver
19th Dec 2011, 17:41
Tell your colleague to wise up and pick EK - easily the better of the two choices. I have heard of many pilots wanting to leave EY for EK but cannot because of "agreements."

Wizofoz
19th Dec 2011, 17:57
Why would Dubai sell EK when it constantly delivers profits and is responsible for a very large percentage of the Emirate's entire ecconomy.

Yes, I think there will eventually be consolidation in the GCC, but it won't be by anyone buying EK.

Paishinel
19th Dec 2011, 18:29
Immprobabale but not inconceivable. Three years ago Abu Dhabi rescued Dubai with ten billion dollars and should it further falter with the mess now in Europe, Sheikh Khalifa's money men maight just demand for the crown jewels in return for any further rescue.

R6DXB
19th Dec 2011, 19:38
I see you mean the " Abu Dhabi Bitch Tower ", right ? :}:E:)

Easy Ryder
19th Dec 2011, 19:46
More likely he failed the EK interview and is giving you his rather lame reasoning for 'choosing' the only job available to him. :E

ODMEA
20th Dec 2011, 01:13
They are both miserable airlines with a gaggle of cabin crew and ground staff from developing countries who are there only for the money, have no national pride in the carrier they represent and quickly become complacent(that includes tech crew, alebit to much lesser extent)

QR maintains a semblance of quality only because they use draconian fear tactics.

Don't even get me started on the management brought in from the prestigious 'west'.

They are both overrated carriers. EK has lost focus and is a souless carrier because of its size. EY is still stumbling and falling and somewhat ametureish. GF is rampantly corrupt and the rest of the Gulf carriers are not worth mentioning. :hmm:

vfenext
20th Dec 2011, 02:51
Important to put ODMEA's post in perspective. He is not a pilot and does not work in the airline business. He is SLF, and makes a career out of moaning about ME carriers. Nob!

Wizofoz
20th Dec 2011, 03:50
They are both miserable airlines with a gaggle of cabin crew and ground staff from developing countries who are there only for the money, have no national pride in the carrier they represent and quickly become complacent(that includes tech crew, alebit to much lesser extent)

Yeah....

Unlike those wonderfully patriotic cabin crew in European ex-national carriers who volenteer their time and deliver wonderful service purerly through National pride....:rolleyes:

break_break
20th Dec 2011, 07:35
Unlike those wonderfully patriotic cabin crew in European ex-national carriers who volenteer their time and deliver wonderful service purerly through National pride...

Wizofoz :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ODMEA
20th Dec 2011, 13:05
They at least speak English, know how to mix drinks and wont deplane before the pax in an emergency. Pilot or not my original post is the truth.

Togalk
20th Dec 2011, 15:24
Burj Dubai renamed Burj Khalifa.........

journeyman
20th Dec 2011, 20:00
Really???? When did that happen??

M Whale
20th Dec 2011, 21:45
ODMEA, go back to your seat and fasten your seatbelt :ugh:

(un)Developing country like Lebanon for instance?...:E

You are so brainwashed and proud that you can't even make a proper analysis...or was it because of a badly mixed arak?