PDA

View Full Version : Calibre Airways?

Pilotolatino
16th Dec 2011, 00:18
Hey guys.

Anyone know anything about this new mob starting up in SE QLD?

Sarcs
16th Dec 2011, 00:46
Here's a thought why don't you send them an e-mail?

hongkongfooey
16th Dec 2011, 09:54
Yeh what a great idea, I'm sure if you call them you'll get a completely unbiased objective assessment of the company.

A37575
16th Dec 2011, 11:30
Is it a low calibre operation (Dodgy) or high calibre (not so dodgy):E

startingout
16th Dec 2011, 19:26
Just speculating but looks to be like another start up mining charter company, especially since they are looking at the Fokker50 which has already been proven in that department.

Sarcs
16th Dec 2011, 19:40
Well the mining industry is going gang busters in QLD, so that is probably a good assumption!:ok:

Mach E Avelli
15th May 2012, 23:47
According to an advert in the Aviation Trader, they want a Maintenance Controller with "minimum 20 years experience as an Airworthiness Inspector" and "Fluent in English and Dutch". That is either a set-up to get their person of choice in under a 457 visa or pure p!ss!ng in the wind. In any case, most Dutch people under the age of 70 are so fluent in English that all business - even in Holland - can be conducted in that language and all Fokker technical manuals can be had in English.
There is also a rumour (this IS a rumour network, so no, I have no proof) that a certain DC (the same who brought down SkyAirWorld) may be an 'invisible' participant in this exercise. Caveat emptor.

LexAir
16th May 2012, 01:22
Story is that the F50 is being sourced from the Netherlands.

falconx
22nd Mar 2013, 09:29
I'm hearing they cant get it out of the netherlands and its the airline operation for "Calibre Aviation" - GOOD LUCK!