PDA

View Full Version : London Metropolitan ATPL

guliwer
14th Dec 2011, 11:30
I need some advice about London Metropolitan ATPL full time course. For this moment I have 150 flying hours and I’m finishing my BA program at West London University subject Airline and Airport Management this is just my back up plan in case I won’t be able get straight job as a pilot. I’m hoping to go there next September 2012 however I need to work just one day on Saturday or Sunday (16hrs) during those exams ---- do you think from your experience that’s possible to do.

After ATPL I would like to start my flying exams (CPL, ME, IR, MCC --June 2013) I have determination passion and knowledge however could be good to get some opinion about it from your personal experience??? Any comments or post will be appreciated.

pudoc
14th Dec 2011, 12:11
LMU work you from about 9 till 4/5pm and you're expected to go home and study for a further 3 hours. And they say you should spend one day of the weekend studying and live the other day for relaxing.

I'm not sure from your post whether you're going to be working just once during the 8 months there or once a week. If it's once a week, unless your superman I wouldn't do it. You'll be too hard worked at studying and working and with no time to relax you'll soon get bogged down and won't learn anything.

From people I've spoken to the text books they use are useless and quite a few people I know didn't even unwrap them from the plastic and just bought Oxford ones.

And I've never been to LMU, but a lot of students at my flight school have been and they said bar a few of instructors some of them aren't as good as you'd expect - and that's me sugar coating it from their words.

That said, most of them have 1st time passes and very respectable averages.

Good luck. :ok:

guliwer
14th Dec 2011, 12:32
Thank you for your replay. I was hoping to work 1 day a week to keep my job they so flexible, I can choose Saturday or Sunday but need to be long hours (14-16) ----job great just driving however I need to consider this.

I do have all books from London Met, and there are good

Appreciated you replay