PDA

View Full Version : Navtech vs JetPlanner

URRVCTR
14th Dec 2011, 09:49
Dears,

Have You ever used both systems? Can You give Your comments which system is easier in daily ops?
We're currently using Navtech and happy of it, but bosses are looking to JetPlanner.

Appreciate Your help!

cressidom
15th Dec 2011, 14:10
Is cost a factor ? There's one more you can add, ARINC DIRECT flight planning tool.

Cheers
Dom

amarje3t
17th Dec 2011, 13:43
We are currently using FliteStar by Jeppesen and it is a good and cheap system, but only handy for Navigation Logs, however it does provide live weather programmed right in to the navigation logs. However, we're a scheduled cargo airline and operate about 3-4 flights daily so I guess our usage isn't that extensive.

You might want to look in to Crew Briefing :

Welcome to AIR SUPPORT (http://www.airsupport.dk/en/home.aspx)

dallas
17th Dec 2011, 16:10
I agree with last poster. PPS (Air Support) is pretty good without trying to be too clever. ARINC Direct isn't really geared up for EU flight planning yet - but will have potential once they polish it, and Jepp is good but often fails in terms of support (yes, I know Andyx2)

Bergkamp10
18th Dec 2011, 21:09
Hello Flight Dispatchers,

We'll currently looking at our FP renewal for 2012. Although as a company we are far from sure we change from our current supplier. To whom would you recommend in your experience? Either Arinc INTL, UV, Colt Intl or Jeppesen, we also would like some good solid support as we'll have three new dispatch staff from Feb 2012.

Lastly, although PPS is great within CFMU and around. We'll have multiple long-range myriad routings to resolve, so who wins out in your eyes?

Geniet van je gedachten en input,

SU-GCM
19th Dec 2011, 01:20
Hi there
Been using jetplan / jetplanner at 2 airlines one is Charter Passenger operating A320s while the other is a Cargo charter operating an A300B4

Jetplan / Jetplanner is good apart from it's flightplanning engine at sometimes get stuck especially in Areas outside europe (Africa and Parts of Middle East and Asia)

It needs your help to give him a hint for the first waypoint or sometimes it gets stuck in the middle and needs you to help it

Support is 4/5 , But the problem sometimes is with setting an account first time and when requesting major modifications to your account as those needs to go through your account manager and they are usually busy on trips or with other customers so you might wait for an answer sometimes for a week or two ! :sad:

Economically it's your best and cheapest option especially if running a small fleet , it provides you AFTN and SITA filling for FPs , WX and NOTAM and unlimited flight plans which is a good offer and for a good price

Let me know if you need any help with Jetplan/Jetplanner

N.B. : Reading the manual is a must as soon as you get the software and you can ask for a 30 Day trial period for free