PDA

View Full Version : The first step from NZ

bournebourne
14th Dec 2011, 03:42
Just wondering where to start (if I can get one). Ive worked for an Ag company running the biggest fleet of PAC Crescos in the world for 5 years as ground crew/loader driver. I have just completed my CPL and working on my IF rating (finishing up in feb). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where to look. I realize ill get the majority "negative comments", if you feel the need to, then feel free. Anything constructive. Looking at 750 XLs, Crescos etc, but anything turbine or even single engine would be sweet. I would love to fly meatbombs to start but I think most are holding onto their pilots. Any ideas? Appreciate it.

Luke SkyToddler
14th Dec 2011, 11:08
That'll be Super Air? My brother (G.B.) used to be the CEO there, he's still on the Ballance board of directors, good bunch of guys there.

You really need to be more clear about your long term goals ... I presume since you're doing an IR that you want airline? Or do you want to make a career out of ag? Or meat bomb dropping?

Which part of NZ are you based, and are you willing to move around / overseas to get a break?

tinpis
14th Dec 2011, 18:54
Just wondering where to start (if I can get one).

Queensland Health department? :hmm:

frigatebird
14th Dec 2011, 20:56
You could apply, Tin.
You'd have all the qualifications - Kiwi, Spin a Tale, Prince.. ;)

tail wheel
14th Dec 2011, 21:29
Queensland Health department?

You'll fit right in. It is a bit like the old cash fares of forty years ago! :} :}

tinpis
15th Dec 2011, 03:15
$16 million? Come on Dennis it was nowhere near that much. :}

Jack Ranga
15th Dec 2011, 03:23
running the biggest fleet of PAC Crescos in the world for 5 years as ground crew/loader driver.

Ya poor bastard.............how's ya right thigh and bicep muscles?

tinpis
15th Dec 2011, 04:48
Serious hat for a minute, wasn't somebody looking for Cresco drivers recently in PNG?

knox
15th Dec 2011, 06:05
Serious hat for a minute, wasn't somebody looking for Cresco drivers recently in PNG?

Yeah there was. PAC 750's I think.

Knox.

bournebourne
16th Dec 2011, 05:15
Wanganui Aero Work, owned by Ravensdown, Super-Air's next biggest. I am based here.

I got my IR just in case, not all that keen on being a bus driver.

Im more than happy to go anywhere, will travel and live anywhere. It cant be worse than living on the oil rigs on and offshore, jungles etc in PNG, Timor etc.

Meatbombing i'd enjoy, people say its boring, but when you are flying out of somewhere like Taupo I think it would be sweet. Boring = being behind a desk with the same old view (if you have a view).

zk850
16th Dec 2011, 20:08
Have you thought about jumping the fence and doing some loading for Andy at Farmers Air? They run around 3 or 4 Cresco's Top Dressing out of Gisborne, Taupo and Hawkes Bay.

He gives many young guy's a start with the other company Kiwi Air Surveying all over the world with PAC XSTOLS. They have around 6 I think. I'm sure he would be pretty keen to give you a go with your loading experience.

Great way for someone like yourself to see some of the world and get some good flying experience in a good aircraft.

ZK