PDA

View Full Version : QR licence verification form

VintageRed
13th Dec 2011, 03:21
Hi folks,

Just wanting some info about the licence verification form that QR ask you to get filled in by your local regulator.

My current country of employment (Japan) refuses to give such a verification and also my English prof does not appear on my JP licence.

So, now I will have to try with my home country (OZ) but the last time I was there was 5 years ago and my current types are not endorsed on that licence, my IFR is not current and my medical has expired. Also, the QR form asks for the dates of last skills, prof and sim checks, which were never done in that country.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation. Any ideas as how to solve this problem? Any folks from OZ in QR who can give some advice or names to call at CASA or the JCAB?

Cheers

Red

latetonite
13th Dec 2011, 07:59
The Netherlands JAA authorities neither give a license verification form.
One can always check direct with them to verify the license is real.
At the end of the day, a license means just that.

Soap Box Cowboy
13th Dec 2011, 10:40
If they can get the Qatari Civil Aviation authority to email them a request of licence verification it should be ok. I've heard many countries will not give verifications forms except to other aviation authorities on their request.

VintageRed
13th Dec 2011, 21:40
Thanks guys.

What about the problem of not having a current IR if I have to go down the OZ route of things. Will this be an issue for the QCAA?

JJ330
14th Dec 2011, 03:38
VR,

Check your PM. :)

Che Xindamail
14th Dec 2011, 17:22
Shortly after I joined QR, I got an email from my home country's CAA asking if I was ok with them giving out information about me to QCAA.

QCAA contacted them directly. I never saw a form.

Non Zero
14th Dec 2011, 17:57
An other way is to get the JCAB license verification (in Japanese) and use the embassy to talk to the QCAA!

skull
14th Dec 2011, 18:26
It really depends upon your country CAA authority. For instance, as an FAA license holder, I have access to an online service where I can request a letter verifying my license authenticity and privileges. It is a matter of minutes for this letter to be sent to me via email and I can also request it to be emailed directly to any other CAA authority, such as the QCAA. Very convenient indeed!