PDA

View Full Version : Court Line and the L1011 Tristar - All court memories

peachair732
12th Dec 2011, 11:30
I know Court had 2 L1011s at the time of their demise. A bright pink one and a bright orange one. There is so few photos or info around on these aircraft. Especially the interiors fascinate, where the aircraft pink and orange inside, walls upholstery, uniforms etc. Also did the Court Tristar have downstairs galleys?

Seems unreal that way back in the early 70s a UK charter airline was ooerating such huge aircraft, 400 seats!? is that true 400, if so that must be surely the max seats in a L1011 ever. I know caledonians had 393 but from what I can find Court beat that putting in 400 seats and also these huge aircraft did luton flights.

Even today, how many Luton airlines use a 400 seater? None, I wish Court had lasted. Im sick of the Easyjets and Ryanairs, so boring now at airports.

I wish I had more Court stuff. I have a book, a model and a few bits of info. any additional info would be great, or links.

Please post all court memories.info get this thread going

CharlieOneSix
12th Dec 2011, 12:30
Have a look at the 260 posts in this thread...http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/288217-court-line.html