PDA

View Full Version : Bob Harris MECIR

SpyderPig
12th Dec 2011, 05:09
Just looking for some current information about Bobs set up and if any past/current students (anyone) can tell me if it is still as highly regarded as it once was (search turned up some very old threads!).

Any info on the program, course set up, accomodation and the man himself etc would be great! Pms most welcome.

Need to make a decision asap, timimg is critical for the coming dry season

Super Cecil
12th Dec 2011, 05:39
Mebe yoo could try his brother Rolf?:8

Up-into-the-air
12th Dec 2011, 06:24
Met Bob some 20 years ago and did some work with him on remote area flying - great result and instruction which has continued since.

Very good with doing unusual things, such as "Spin Recovery", which is not taught and should be in a Citabria.

The students I have met over the years have never had any negative comments to make.

Always has time to talk to you and a very good ATO/ Instructer.

Location can be wet at times, but is well located for a very varied range of flying conditions.

I call in every year - great doing some refresher work in a 152 earlier this year, with low level circuits and close in air-work prior to my IFR renewal.

sarge75
12th Dec 2011, 07:48
Flying with Bob would be the best thing you could do to improve yourself as a pilot.

Highly Recommend him.

Widewoodenwingswork
12th Dec 2011, 08:58
Bob is a brilliant instructor but won't tolerate you putting in anything less than your best. If you genuinely want to learn and become an a (well) above average pilot, you will be given all the support from Bob and Carole. If you just want the MECIR without working too hard for it, I'd be shopping elsewhere.

RatsoreA
12th Dec 2011, 11:06
Yeah, Bobs a good egg. Can't go past him for a solid professional with a great attitude.

...still single
12th Dec 2011, 14:20
+1 for Bob.

Marauder
12th Dec 2011, 22:07
What ...still single said :ok:

ForkTailedDrKiller
13th Dec 2011, 00:18
+1 for Harris!

Lost count of the number of renewals I have done with Bob.

BC :cool:

Unusual-Attitude
13th Dec 2011, 04:27
Yep, Bob's the best IMHO. Top bloke too.

Selcalmeonly
23rd Dec 2011, 05:57
Bob's still going strong. He's a very good instructor and tester and a really nice bloke as well! I don't think you could go wrong.:ok: