PDA

View Full Version : If Carlsberg ran Air Forces they would probably be the best in the world...

Lima Juliet
11th Dec 2011, 21:55
Right ho, there's lot of bickering about the RAF at present so what would YOU do differently? Let's have some ideas. Here's mine to start:

1. Flat rate allowances - no more receipts and caps, just a flat rate; win some, lose some.
2. Running capability requirements via the front-line, not just some rubber blotter jotter in the MOD who may not have touched an aircraft in years.
3. Carry more than 15 days of leave over or get recompensed for your daily rate of pay for every day you don't take.
4. Scrap all other branches apart from engineers, intel branch and aircrew - and then man to the right numbers. Rocks can join the Army, Coppers are MPGS and all others are provided by Serco or other type companies (Drs, Dentists, PTIs, Admin, Air Traffic, Suppliers, etc...).
5. Use civilian licences for aircrew and engineers. Type ratings and quals can be added via Service trg.
6. Axe DE&S to an absolute minima - I don't see an equivalent for BritishAirways when they buy a new fleet, or for the Ambulance Service when they buy new Ambulances, or security companies like G4S when they buy security vans, uniform, stab vests and helmets. So why do we need so many people to deliver so little these days?
7. Have 1 uniform for dress, 1 for Mess and 1 for work (No1s, No5s and either flying suits for all or Combat Dress that is flame retardent).
8. Gaff off MT white fleet and give a decent allowance for using one's own vehicle - so that we make money which will pay for the wear and tear.
9. Have an up or out policy after 10 years in each rank.
10. Return to work hard, play hard rules.

I guess some of the above will not be to everyone's taste, but there must be some good ideas in there amongst you all?

LJ

Rigga
11th Dec 2011, 22:25
11. Have some money to do any of the above!

Willard Whyte
11th Dec 2011, 22:38
Have an up or out policy after 10 years in each rank.No, that won't solve the problem of chiselers. In some ways it'll make it worse. From experience the sqns I've worked on have been all the better when the execs have been sent on trips by the section leaders.

Scuttled
12th Dec 2011, 00:15
We should be permitted to elect our leaders, perhaps in the manner of a soldiers soviet, if you like. Then we could all vote for Leon J to be Air Chief General The First Sea Lord. I can get the ballot papers filled in as soon as you want the boxes prefilled.

Any 3 of the 10 items you list would be enough to put a sparkle in every serviceman's eye once again and give morale the shot in the arm it so desperately needs.

You will probably get slated on here and told it is not possible to implement such systems. My counter argument to that is that it bloody well is. We aren't a very large organisation any more, it'd be fairly simple.

Leon for Supreme Leader.

Scuttled
12th Dec 2011, 00:22
And after the dry humour input above, on the allowances front many airlines pay by the hour.

For example, £1.25 per hour away logged from leaving a duty station or an aircraft steps. Time out logged, time rtb logged. Time in hours multiplied by £1.25 so that you get money for the exact time spent away. I'm fairly certain that would be very easy to administer and that for such a complicated computer program BAe could let us have a working model on a 286 processor in 5 years or so for a few hundred million.

This sort of thing should not be difficult.

Roadster280
12th Dec 2011, 01:32
There's some obvious flaws here:

1. Flat rate allowances - no more receipts and caps, just a flat rate; win some, lose some.

Take away the receipts, and your cap becomes a flat rate. But, if you spend less, then why should HMG give money away?

3. Carry more than 15 days of leave over or get recompensed for your daily rate of pay for every day you don't take.

Good idea. Capped at a sensible level for carry over, say 28 days.

4. Scrap all other branches apart from engineers, intel branch and aircrew - and then man to the right numbers. Rocks can join the Army, Coppers are MPGS and all others are provided by Serco or other type companies (Drs, Dentists, PTIs, Admin, Air Traffic, Suppliers, etc...).

Arrse idea. Rocks are not soldiers, soldiers are not rocks. The Army REALLY has better things to do than guard airfields. Coppers do more than guard things. Do you REALLY want RMP SIB investigating you? Medics, chef s, ATC, stackers, all required on Ops.

5. Use civilian licences for aircrew and engineers. Type ratings and quals can be added via Service trg.

Great idea, need to time-bar staff appropriately though, or they'll be off quicker than a Chief Tech to the NAAFI wagon.

6. Axe DE&S to an absolute minima - I don't see an equivalent for BritishAirways when they buy a new fleet, or for the Ambulance Service when they buy new Ambulances, or security companies like G4S when they buy security vans, uniform, stab vests and helmets. So why do we need so many people to deliver so little these days?

I'd think that BA/Amb Svc/G4S doesn't invent its own publications for every aspect of an equipment, nor issue its own part numbers, nor operate them in such harsh environments though. Granted there's room for improvement, but the MOD is not a civvy company by any stretch.

7. Have 1 uniform for dress, 1 for Mess and 1 for work (No1s, No5s and either flying suits for all or Combat Dress that is flame retardent).

Interesting that Mess comes before work, but how about a form of dress appropriate for every eventuality? Somewhat similar to what is currently provided?

8. Gaff off MT white fleet and give a decent allowance for using one's own vehicle - so that we make money which will pay for the wear and tear.

You seem to be advocating making money out of the MOD. They're your employer, not your benefactor.

Jesus H Christ. So a 19 year SAC has a year to make Cpl? A 40 year old Fg Off has a year to make Flt Lt? TEN YEARS in a rank as a limit? Holy ****.

10. Return to work hard, play hard rules.

Spot on.

Then there's Scuttled:

For example, £1.25 per hour away logged from leaving a duty station or an aircraft steps. Time out logged, time rtb logged. Time in hours multiplied by £1.25 so that you get money for the exact time spent away. I'm fairly certain that would be very easy to administer and that for such a complicated computer program BAe could let us have a working model on a 286 processor in 5 years or so for a few hundred million.

This sort of thing should not be difficult.

What is this supposed to recompense for? You joined a MILITARY FORCE. You get fed, clothed and paid 24/7 when on ops, merely paid and clothed if not. Why is it relevant whether you are working on an aircraft in Brize, or in the field? You already get operational allowances.

Jesus, do you want an extra 50p/hr when you're wearing shiny boots, because you had to shine them in your own time?

Gents, the story has been crystal clear for a couple of years now. THERE IS NO MONEY, TCBr gave it all away.

Scuttled
12th Dec 2011, 01:54
Roadster.... steady tiger!

Absolutely not talking about making money - nor is Leon. My (very minor) point was reference easy expense administration at no cost and less lost man hours waste on JPA (expense administration) etc. That's it. It would save government money and simplify personal administration. Not after a penny of government cash on the side whatsoever. I think you are a civilian, so apologies if I were not clear. This is to do with expenses incurred when away overnight on RAF business and responsible for feeding yourself, similar to any civilian job.

Similar to OP's post ref using your own vehicle for service business......it's not to earn, but to cover the actual cost of using your own vehicle. In the uk forces, mma doesn't cover fuel costs any longer, let alone tyres, insurance etc. That's just a fact.

Agree re leave buy back.

Agree re other trades being abolished (think Leon was having a giggle)

Umm don't understand your point on 10 years and out for one rank. I don't really agree, but don't understand your view...? For an airman 10 years to Cpl or out, an officer 10 years to sqn ldr from flt lt or out... Is that good or bad in your view? I know some great career flt lts and cpls. Progress for the sake of it is not, for me, the be all and end all for all our people.

Work hard, play hard...... That's a given. Anyone who doesn't miss that wasn't doing it properly when it was permitted/given a good ignoring.

Roadster280
12th Dec 2011, 02:58
Scuttled,

Your initial post did come across as a way of making money. Some background on me: I'm a retired soldier, was posted to a couple of RAF stations, RAF Sleepy Hollow (Upavon), and RAF Mad Busy (BZZ). Also had a bit to do with RAF Roermond and the nearbyish RAF Weeze. In my time (90s), the RAF blokes were always out to get their 1771s in, even if we stayed out later than we need have to get the next rate up. I realise 1771 rates are a thing of the past, but I see shades of that here, both with the 1.25/hr and the MT scheme.

10 years to a rank is a BAD THING. It doesn't happen in the other two services, and shouldn't happen in the RAF. It leads to coasting fat knackers who are career blocking up-and-coming young blades. This will become more important as the RAF shrinks. The 37 year career needs to be limited to those who achieve in their first 22. Or 16, whichever. Experience is obviously to be valued, but if after 5 years as an MT Cpl you haven't grasped and demonstrated what's required to get to Sgt, it's time to go. If by then the RAF is so small that there are only 10 MT Cpls in the entire RAF, perhaps it's time to expand their skill set.

The Blue Parrot
12th Dec 2011, 04:18
One to add to LJ's list - 14 days R&R should be 14 days R&R. The guys and girls of all 3 Services work extremely hard out in the sandpit with the current policy of R&R starting on the day you arrive at BZZ and ends the day you leave. To give one example. One arrived at BZZ, say for argument's sake on 8 Sep 11, at 15:30. For various reasons, we received our bags over 2 hrs later. it was 22:00 by the time I turned my key in my front door and having left BSN at 16:00 (BST) the previous day, scratch day 1 of R&R. My reporting time for my return flight on, let's say 21 Sep, was 02:00, having left home at 23:00 on day 13 of R&R, so, scratch day 14, leading to 12 out of the 14 days R&R. If Carlsberg Ran the MOD, as I'm aware this affects all 3 Services, R&R would start when the front door was opened and end when the front door was locked to return. Never mind, I get to do it all again tomorrow!

Now, a subject very close to LJ's heart - Uniform, and again across all 3 Services. I don't know about the majority but if I wear my No1s more than once a year, it's out of the ordinary. Do we need them? In my humble opinion no. Could they be pooled for those special occasions when the Soveriegn so desires, absolutely. Do we need No5s, of course we do, they certainly get much more use and abuse than the No1s will ever do, however, I realise that there are a number of individuals out there who rarely wear theirs! As for the plethora of working dress across the Military, aboslutuely no need whatsoever, how much would the MOD save if we all went MTP, kept our headress and our Service Stable Belts to distinguish the Services, if the rather large badge stating Royal Air Force or Royal Navy and the TRF wasn't a big enough clue! Thereby getting rid of blue, shirts, white shirts, brown shirts, long sleeve, short sleeve, 15 different Mks of Jersey various colours of trouser etc etc etc ad infinitum! Trust me, wearing MTP day in, day out, for the last 9 months has been extremely comfortable in all weathers!

Willard Whyte
12th Dec 2011, 04:58
... Willard, I don't think either of you are currently serving My apologies if you areApology accepted by this 15 yr Flt Lt.

Just about.

Capt Niff Naff
12th Dec 2011, 07:24
SCRAP JPA !!!

Bring back WSOs.

Form a union.

CNN

ukcds
12th Dec 2011, 07:35
If carlsburg ran the RAF it would be a rusty old can of flat weak beer half drunk with a fag put out in it

Climebear
12th Dec 2011, 07:48
If we're going to bin all the other Air Combat Service Support trades and branches why retain the engineers? After all the only deploy to the same places that the other trades go to so there is no military reason that they too can't be contractors (are they at any greater risk than the contract chefs in Bastion/KAF?).

While we're at it. Do we really need our AT/AR crews to be regular service personnel. Don't they do the air equivalent if the RFA's maritime role? So let's bin them too. If we do that, then the policy could be extended to the non-Fast Jet ISTAR lot too.

So we'd be left with was a Royal Air Force comprising Fast Jet Pilots, the odd Tornado WSO, and Support Helicopter aircrew.
:}

Chicken Leg
12th Dec 2011, 08:26
If we're going to bin all the other Air Combat Service Support trades and branches why retain the engineers? After all the only deploy to the same places that the other trades go to so there is no military reason that they too can't be contractors (are they at any greater risk than the contract chefs in Bastion/KAF?).

While we're at it. Do we really need our AT/AR crews to be regular service personnel. Don't they do the air equivalent if the RFA's maritime role? So let's bin them too. If we do that, then the policy could be extended to the non-Fast Jet ISTAR lot too.

So we'd be left with was a Royal Air Force comprising Fast Jet Pilots, the odd Tornado WSO, and Support Helicopter aircrew

Now we're talking, maybe this thread does have some merit, after all!

We could of course take the nest logical step and give the army SH too?

An RAF of FJ and AT? Imagine that crazy idea!!

Seldomfitforpurpose
12th Dec 2011, 08:37
Or of course you could give the tiny amount of air assets that the Army have to the Airforce which would leave us with an Army which just did soldiering and an Airforce that just did flying, imagine that crazy idea :p

Chicken Leg
12th Dec 2011, 08:42
Yep, you could do that. But remember, this thread was started by members of the RAF, telling us why the RAF isn't working. If that's the case, why would we want to give you more assets, particularly those that really are working very well?

;)

Seldomfitforpurpose
12th Dec 2011, 08:46
If that's the case, why would we want to give you more assets, particularly those that really are working very well which answers your original notion quite nicely:ok:

NutLoose
12th Dec 2011, 11:19
If Carlsberg ran Air Forces

The Tuna in the packed lunches would be replaced with Pickled Herring on Danish Rye bread in a Smørrebrød.

Beer would be bloody expensive and so would Spirits.

And the HomeGuard would look like this

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2009/04/02/marie-denmark-bump/imgs/marie-2b.jpg

And not like this

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/25/article-1306078-001097AB00000258-734_233x423.jpg

Jollygreengiant64
12th Dec 2011, 11:33
Why not just fix the current system/ MOD instead of Thatcherising the rest of the RAF?

Ken Scott
12th Dec 2011, 13:29
Do we really need our AT/AR crews to be regular service personnel.

Well the C130 crews go in & out of bases/ strips on operations, getting shot at as required, or blown up by IEDs on said strips, I think you might have a few issues with telling the crews that they don't need to be servicemen, they can get shot at as civilians as they don't really count as military.....

And as for

That rules out any form of PAS, unless you're going to keep promoting them (instead of just paying them as such!)

Nomorefreetime
12th Dec 2011, 14:29
Does Billy Smart's know about Carlsburg's intentions

barotraumatized
12th Dec 2011, 17:45
Fly this. Every day. Single seat. No WSOs. No whinging. No bluntness.

http://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/medium_abfd3b9c597d0e5a5d3c19ad060fbd27.jpg

Ken Scott
12th Dec 2011, 19:30
A 27 ship formation take off - that I'd like to see!

Presumably they briefed as a 40 ship, walked as a 35, & only 27 made it to the runway?

Airborne Aircrew
12th Dec 2011, 19:43
Rocks can join the Army,

Errr... There's a reason the Regiment was formed... If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

500N
12th Dec 2011, 19:47
" A 27 ship formation take off - that I'd like to see! "

In 2 years time that will be the whole of the RAF FJ's on one runway:O

Pontius Navigator
12th Dec 2011, 21:21
if we all went MTP, kept our headress and our Service Stable Belts to distinguish the Services, if the rather large badge stating Royal Air Force or Royal Navy and the TRF wasn't a big enough clue! Thereby getting rid of blue, shirts, white shirts, brown shirts, long sleeve, short sleeve, 15 different Mks of Jersey various colours of trouser etc etc etc ad infinitum! Trust me, wearing MTP day in, day out, for the last 9 months has been extremely comfortable in all weathers!

I have not read all the posts but thought a reminder that 'round and round goes the ruddy great wheel'.

I can remember just how far back to common uniform idea went, Mountbatten I think. The principle was to be:

1. All wear the same.
2. If not then all the cloth to be the same, just different colours.
3. All patterns to be the same with embellishments if necessary.

Naturally the RN stepped sideways which left the RAF and Army, oh and the RM.

The RM could not wear either the same colour or same cloth as the Army.

The RN had a different flying coverall from the RAF and the AAC was different too.

The woolly pulley at last was an item where there should be no problem except for the colour.

Except the RAF went from ribbed to plain, round neck to V, to round neck and ribbed with the RN and Army unable to keep up.

oldmansquipper
12th Dec 2011, 21:53
"If we're going to bin all the other Air Combat Service Support trades and branches why retain the engineers? After all the only deploy to the same places that the other trades go to so there is no military reason that they too can't be contractors (are they at any greater risk than the contract chefs in Bastion/KAF?).

So we'd be left with was a Royal Air Force comprising Fast Jet Pilots, the odd Tornado WSO, and Support Helicopter aircrew."

....and dont forget each one would have his/her own 1*,2*, and 3* of course! ;)

Kreuger flap
12th Dec 2011, 22:45
the odd Tornado WSO,

All Tornado WSO's are odd.

Climebear
13th Dec 2011, 06:48
@Ken Scott. Chap, I was taking the p*ss; it was never meant to be taken as a serious proposition. Unless, of course, you agree with the original post about the ACSS branches and trades being civilianised. In which case, I've been shot at a few times (direct and indirect) and I'm a Blunty!

@Oldman. You are, of course, correct; however, those stars would also be FJ or SH pilots (maybe with an odd Tornado WSO for E&D qouta reasons).

@Kreuger. Fair point. My ISS Tutor would have, probably, highlighted my apparent tautology. Are you my ISS Tutor?

Ken Scott
13th Dec 2011, 08:46
In which case, I've been shot at a few times (direct and indirect) and I'm a Blunty!

My point entirely although I was specific in talking about C130 crews - pretty much everyone who is deployed into an operational theatre is in harms way & I feel should be a military person. The CS peeps who deploy seem to get rather large allowances for being there which would seem to negate the savings from civilianising the post in the first place.

however, those stars would also be FJ or SH pilots (maybe with an odd Tornado WSO for E&D qouta reasons).

Why should the 'stars' of the future be from just those fleets? The AT fleets have been continuously on operations for the past decade, & I don't believe that an SF pilot, for example, would be any less able or qualified to reach the highest ranks. Even the 'route queens' now do virtually nothing but in theatre flying.

As FJ pukes are allegedly to be allowed to command AT squadrons (not enough FJ ones to permit the 'right' people to have a command) then an AT background presumably will no longer be a bar...

Provided of course that all the AT pilots don't just say 'f**k it, I'm leaving for BA/ Cathay/ Jet2 etc'.

orgASMic
13th Dec 2011, 11:03
The CS peeps who deploy seem to get rather large allowances for being there which would seem to negate the savings from civilianising the post in the first place.

Quite so. It was a practical solution in the days of a linear battlespace where contractors could be 'in the rear with the gear'. Now, in the current 360 degree threat environment, the overheads are getting expensive to keep them there. There is always the risk that they either get on the next flight home as soon as they have had enough IDF or get pulled by the company once the insurers have reached the limit of their risk appetite.

NB. Both of these scenarios have already happened in AFG and Iraq.

Red Line Entry
13th Dec 2011, 12:25
Being in harm's way is not unique to military personnel and therefore, while there are pros and cons regarding affordability and reliability, it is perfectly feasible for contractors/CS to fulfill these tasks.

However, what is unique to military personnel is the authority to kill and inflict violence. Thus civilians (some exceptions, such as the Prime Minister) are excluded from being part of the kill chain.

jamesdevice
13th Dec 2011, 12:39
If the RAF ran a bewery it would campaign to shut down the Rum distillers on the basis that it could the same job better and more cheaply with its brewing kit. Once the distillers wee shut the RAF would admit it couldn't distill, but would claim there was no demand for Rum anyway, so why bother making it?

orgASMic
13th Dec 2011, 12:57
RLE - of course it is perfectly feasible (and appropriate) to use contractors on deployed ops. My point is that their use is not a way to save money vice uniforms and, if things are too kinetic, they may not be there.

However small the support tails gets in relation to the teeth, there will always be a requirement to have all bases covered by an as-small-as-practical cadre of military personnel, especially at the start of an op when the metal is flying.

Climebear
13th Dec 2011, 13:36
Ken

In the words of Michael Winner - calm down dear.

It's irony. The original post postulated a binning of all of the people perceived as being a supplementary. My post in extended the pretext ironically. This is not a sensible post.

The answer to the star point is that in this threads make-believe ironic world the RAF would only comprise of FJ and SH.

Ken Scott
13th Dec 2011, 15:47
In the words of Michael Winner - calm down dear.

A touch patronizing, don't you think?

I thought we were having a discourse on the merits (or lack of) of your suggestion.... no calming down required thank you.

An interesting suggestion your 'ironic RAF' where one of the two fleets (the other being SH) that have done their real job continuously for many decades should be excluded but the one that had spent virtually all its time until fairly recently only practicing should be included.

I'll go and have a lie down before the nasty man makes me any more cross....!

Ken Scott
13th Dec 2011, 15:48
Jamesdevice,

If the RAF ran a bewery it would campaign to shut down the Rum distillers on the basis that it could the same job better and more cheaply with its brewing kit. Once the distillers wee shut the RAF would admit it couldn't distill, but would claim there was no demand for Rum anyway, so why bother making it?

I think you're in the wrong thread!

jamesdevice
13th Dec 2011, 16:02
oops.. too much beer

Wrathmonk
13th Dec 2011, 16:08
the one that had spent virtually all its time until fairly recently only practicing should be included

By fairly recently I take it you mean 1990? After all, at least one fleet within the despised FJ brigade have been on constant ops since then?:ugh:

I could enrage you further by saying, IMHO, the only fleet within the RAF that has really been doing their proper job continuously for many decades is the SAR force....

Climebear
13th Dec 2011, 17:44
Ken

After your lie down look up the word 'parody' and you may just realise that my first post in this thread was not a suggestion.

Ken Scott
13th Dec 2011, 18:35
Parody: noun humorous exaggerated imitation of author, literary work, style etc; feeble imitation, travesty.

You make a suggestion but seem to lack the conviction to support it!

the only fleet within the RAF that has really been doing their proper job continuously for many decades is the SAR force....

Really?

TurningFinals
13th Dec 2011, 19:04

Well clearly you are aircrew then.

It seems you are under the belief that aircrew are the only people that have any input into an aircraft getting off the ground.

Whilst civilianising the above trades in the UK might work (although it'd be incredibly expensive), who are you going to rely on to get your aircraft off the ground when you're on operations? Or will you fuel your own jet and do your own air traffic when you're on ops?

Climebear
13th Dec 2011, 19:06
FFS it was not a suggestion - it was the intenionally ridiculous exaggeration of the points raised in the initial post in the thread.

Has it touched a raw nerve? Or perhaps you need another lie down to take the weight off that chip on your shoulder.

And why not SAR Force or, indeed, elements of the ISTAR Force (in particular a very small (in terms of numbers of airframes), recently retired fleet)?

Ken Scott
13th Dec 2011, 19:11
FFS it was not a suggestion

'Calm down dear!!!!!'

At least we're agreed it was ridiculous!!

Seldomfitforpurpose
13th Dec 2011, 19:16
Climebear,

Self confess to not being the sharpest of chaps this end but I got your humour right from the outset no problemo, not sure why other supposedly clever folk are struggling so :confused:

Willard Whyte
13th Dec 2011, 21:08
It seems you are under the belief that aircrew are the only people that have any input into an aircraft getting off the ground.Horsecrap - he clearly stated engineers too.

The rest needn't wear light blue to help out.

Ken Scott
14th Dec 2011, 14:14
Self confess to not being the sharpest of chaps this end but I got your humour right from the outset no problemo, not sure why other supposedly clever folk are struggling so

Seldom, I was under the misapprehension that this was a discussion forum. He made a point that I thought was, in his own words,

ridiculous

whether humorous or not, and I challenged that point. Nothing to do with not seeing the humour in his posts. Pardon me if I misunderstood the point of pprune. I see now that it's just a forum for one-liners!!

Red Line Entry
14th Dec 2011, 14:20
Oh, no it isn't!

cornish-stormrider
14th Dec 2011, 14:21
da dum schhhhhh

teeteringhead
14th Dec 2011, 14:31
An off-the-wall suggestion that is something of a hobby horse of mine (how's that for a mixed metaphor!).

The RAF I joined was 150k-ish strong - and was run by a 4* CAS. The one I now (sort of) work for is heading South from the low-ish 30ks - and is run by .....guess what!

The RAF now has fewer people in uniform than the Met Police - who manage with a total of 10 ranks (and that's one more than other forces) from plod-on-the-beat to Commisioner.

So why do we need twice that number? And in a hierarchy, we seem to insist on each rank being represented..... how often does one see a sqn ldr working directly for a gp capt etc etc.

Comments??

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 18:39
Ken,

Stop digging, have a cup of tea and don't forget to put some money in the pot for it :p

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 18:42
Comments??

Like Turkeys voting for Xmas, I know where you are heading but it is never going to happen :(

Ken Scott
14th Dec 2011, 20:39
Stop digging, have a cup of tea and don't forget to put some money in the pot for it

Well, I can hardly be expected to compete with that level of banter....

I'll have a TW0, thanks.

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 20:43
I'll have a TW0, thanks.

Only if you promise to pay for it :p:p:p

Ken Scott
14th Dec 2011, 20:49
Only if you promise to pay for it

Just when you're next passing the galley....

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 20:59
Just when you're next passing the galley....

Cash only Sir, afterall we dont want any old Tom Dick and Harry helping themselves now do we :p:p:p

crystal10
14th Dec 2011, 21:10
Don't worry chaps,next time I do QUART I will bring my own tea bags so as not to upset the tea bag stasi.:ok:

jamesdevice
14th Dec 2011, 21:12
I think someone needs to read up on Poe's Law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law
Poe's Law - RationalWiki (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law)

Climebear
14th Dec 2011, 21:22
Jamesdevice

I'm afraid that I could be guilty as charged. I must remember to use one of those smiley symbols next time. I blame Radio 4. Damn 'The Now Show'.

jamesdevice
14th Dec 2011, 21:27
its as much a comment on those reading as those writing
Just shows the difficulty of posting on the internet

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 21:30
Don't worry chaps,next time I do QUART I will bring my own tea bags so as not to upset the tea bag stasi.:ok:

May I suggest you also bring along a small saucer of milk :p:p:p

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Dec 2011, 21:34
its as much a comment on those reading as those writing
Just shows the difficulty of posting on the internet

Have to agree, if some folk actually need a smiley to "get" someones intentions on here maybe some folk should stick to their day jobs :p

Smiley included to indicate an attempt at humour for those who may not have spotted it :ok:

crystal10
14th Dec 2011, 21:36
bring along a small saucer of milk
Would you mind putting out an email to let everybody know that they need to bring their own milk. Ta.:hmm:

Courtney Mil
15th Dec 2011, 14:07
It's a funny thing, but I never heard an "IF I RAN THE AIR FORCE" discussion end up anywhere than the dark side of the Moon. And I'll promise you this, even if anyone comes up with a good idea (not many around here yet) no one (that's NO ONE) will listen. I know, I've had thousands and nothing ever happened.

Courtney Mil
15th Dec 2011, 21:18
See. I was right.

crystal10
15th Dec 2011, 21:23
Right about what?

Courtney Mil
16th Dec 2011, 10:17
I'll just sit here quietly now. :rolleyes: