PDA

View Full Version : Helipro New Zealand BO105

Granny
9th Dec 2011, 03:05
Is Helipro still operating the BO105 on the West Coast of NZ for Solid Energy?
I am interested in doing a rating in it- anyone know if they do any training with it?

spinwing
9th Dec 2011, 04:09
Mmmm ...

Perhaps the best way to find out would be to contact Helipro direct ...... :confused:

Demented
9th Dec 2011, 04:29
Hey Granny, why would you want to fly a 105, get real and get a R44 rating :}

BestoftheWest
9th Dec 2011, 04:35
Granny - Yes its still there, as well as a BK. Call Adam and he will set it up for you.

Contact Numbers:
Greymouth Operations
Adam Millward
C 027 245 9490
E [email protected]

Granny
9th Dec 2011, 04:48
Thankyou for the reply

Semi Rigid
9th Dec 2011, 09:15
Granny sounds like you will have to go and retrieve it and get it back into a serviceable flying condition

Granny
9th Dec 2011, 18:50
Yes your'e right Semi Rigid-I just heard they wrecked it a couple of days back on the coast-hope everyone is OK.

Semi Rigid
10th Dec 2011, 03:31
Granny, if you are looking to get into twins then I hear Helipro/NZ is the place to do it.

Granny
10th Dec 2011, 03:47
Yes-your right-Semi rigid-I'm desperatly trying to be hired by them!
Do you know their requirements?

Semi Rigid
10th Dec 2011, 19:37
Yes.
In NZ your first twin engine rating will take you just 1 hour. Whoever the instructor is will be endorsed by the NZCAA because it won't be written anywhere in his logbook that he CAN'T do twin engine endorsements and checkrides, therefore he MUST be allowed to perform these heady privileges at his discretion.

HeliNZee
11th Dec 2011, 00:57
It's been in christchurch since friday for a service, don't know where you got that info from?

bkflyingfreak
12th Dec 2011, 00:39
A classic example of why this is called a rumour network. Helipro’s 105 is still flying with all parts where they should be....touch wood. Not even an incident to its name that would give rise to such a rumour.

3 day ground course then...

First twin engine rating in NZ is 5 hours.

Second twin engine rating is 3 hours.

Don’t forget the 10 hours (after the rating) of command under supervision that needs to be carried out before you can do anything useful in it.

Granny
12th Dec 2011, 00:42
Thanks for clarifing that-very helpful.

HELIHARRY
13th Dec 2011, 07:14
one thinks Granny and Semi rigid are somehow related?

Or is Semi just a cynic?

"In NZ your first twin engine rating will take you just 1 hour. Whoever the instructor is will be endorsed by the NZCAA because it won't be written anywhere in his logbook that he CAN'T do twin engine endorsements and checkrides, therefore he MUST be allowed to perform these heady privileges at his discretion. "

Looking forward to your response Semi.

Semi Rigid
15th Dec 2011, 06:24
Granny I think there maybe some inconsistencies about the whole topic on whether or not the 105 is serviceable.
HeliHarry I am very cynical but it is all based on hearsay which in this industry makes it true eh? Never let the truth get in the way of a good aviation rumour & if there is not a rumour already flying about someone/something I will start one before someone else beats me to it.

Te_Kahu
15th Dec 2011, 07:16
Semi informed perhaps? The 105 went to Christchurch for an 100 hour check, was there one night and then back working on the coast. The inconsistencies as to whether it's serviceable are.......? HeliHarry, it can be a fine line between cynical or sour.

SuperF
15th Dec 2011, 10:59
Nothing better for an operator than a pilot desperately trying to get hired.....

End result is no $$$$ and lots of :{ , for the pilot anyway, and helps to keep pilots wages down...

:ugh:

jr206
18th Dec 2011, 17:41
A Helipro helicopter did have an accident of some sort at Stockton Mine near Westport a few weeks ago. Resulted in a heavy landing and an unsettled pilot. Not much is known as it has been kept pretty quiet. Miners talk though! Probably the Bo105 as it was replaced by a Squirrel for a while.

SuperF
19th Dec 2011, 10:55
Lucky it happened down on the coast somewhere. They probably haven't found cameras down there yet, I think the nearest a camera gets to Stockton is when it turns right at Westport attached to a tourists neck heading back towards the inter island ferry! ;)

And maybe bkff is trotting out the company line__________

Semi Rigid
19th Dec 2011, 22:25
Well i don't get why all the secrecy? It will all come out eventually anyway knowing the avaiation community and probably better to release a statement from the get-go otherwise skidbiting speculators make up all sorts of rubbish.

EMS R22
20th Dec 2011, 06:52
Latest is Rick has swapped the 105 for a Porsche....Porsche currently getting a hook fitted.... ;)

Semi Rigid
21st Dec 2011, 22:50
Hi Mod
Look I realize you have a very serious Gestapo like job to perform on this pilots engineers crewies rumour network but why moderate my last spiel because of the perceived imminent threat from the Feds? Call me naive but I wld be surprised if the department uses a social rumour network to give them reason to leave the comfort of their offices and expose themselves to a dose of reality (blah blah)

I'd say that yes, you are naive: or deliberately spiteful. Your attempt to create trouble for another pilot was just that, and if seen by the CAA NZ it would result in Rotorheads being involved in your stirring. No doubt you may be immensely proud to create trouble for another pilot, unrelated to this thread and the Bo105?

It is something we don't condone, be it NZ, USA, Australia or UK :=

SP

Te_Kahu
22nd Dec 2011, 01:53
As far as I can glean this mystery incident with the Bo105; was in actual fact an amber light for a possible fuel pump fault on the BK117 which was working at Stockton around that time.

Scissorlink
22nd Dec 2011, 02:19
PPrune, Bladeslapper, You Tube and Face book are all used by the CAA, amazing what some people post online.................or their passengers

And it was a BK

SuperF
22nd Dec 2011, 18:36
Is a fuel pump light even an emergency in a BK? Don't fly them, so I don't know. And was it a boost pump, or engine fuel pump. In some machines boost pumps aren't even needed until you get up in altitude, like 8-10,000', so if the boost pump fails, makes noise, whatever, you just pull the fuse and keep flying, or some guys don't even use them at all...

John Eacott
22nd Dec 2011, 21:44
Is a fuel pump light even an emergency in a BK? Don't fly them, so I don't know. And was it a boost pump, or engine fuel pump. In some machines boost pumps aren't even needed until you get up in altitude, like 8-10,000', so if the boost pump fails, makes noise, whatever, you just pull the fuse and keep flying, or some guys don't even use them at all...

BK has four pumps: two prime pumps (start requirement only) and two transfer pumps, which push fuel from the main tanks to the supply tanks. They must be on to get fuel to the supply tanks which are the tanks that the engines draw from. If the supply tank is lower than 23kg, the fuel low warning comes on. If both fuel low lights are on you must land within 10 minutes, and FM requires "Land as soon as practicable" and to be prepared for affected engine flame out. You can have full mains, and empty supply tanks, if the pumps fail/are left off.

We have gone a long way off the OP's request for info on the HeliPro Bo105, haven't we? :hmm:

bkflyingfreak
22nd Dec 2011, 23:01
Quite correct John,

Me thinks Granny was on a bit of a fishing expedition, and the type rating pretence was bait for the hook....

Is semirigid rowing the boat???....with one paddle perhaps...

Must be quiet in PNG....

SuperF
23rd Dec 2011, 07:24
Nothing wrong with a bit of fishing is there ;)

Thanks for the info John.

So what happened, a fuel light, or boost pump light came on, big woop, anyone that hasn't had a caution light come on hasn't done much flying.

bobbycopter
24th Dec 2011, 16:24
Fuel light BK117 was not noticed & both engines eventually flamed out. Helicopter made it to the ground but landed heavily when second engine quit. Lucky it was at Stockton and not over bush.

dude12345
26th Apr 2012, 00:45
Is there any up date on this one guys????

BigMike
26th Apr 2012, 06:57
"Fuel light BK117 was not noticed"... are you serious! how could you NOT notice it!?

SuperF
26th Apr 2012, 21:28
you do when it goes quiet! :eek:

Hughesy
27th Apr 2012, 03:32
HOw could that NOT be reported. Unless i'm mistaken it was never on the CAA website on weekly accidents. But then again, may have missed it.

HeliNZee
27th Apr 2012, 23:53
Who said it was an accident? I think you'll find it was an incident.

Hughesy
28th Apr 2012, 11:18
Accident/incident.

Still, going by other posts on here "Fuel light BK117 was not noticed & both engines eventually flamed out. Helicopter made it to the ground but landed heavily when second engine quit. "

Wouldn't that make it reportable?

Just saying, never saw anything on the caa website. (unless I missed it :) )