PDA

View Full Version : The answer to EASA?

mrmum
7th Dec 2011, 20:59
I happened to be watching Prime Minister's Questions this afternoon, due to the unfriendly weather and thought I heard him say this. Had a look on Hansard this evening and indeed he did.
The Prime Minister: I am a little more optimistic than my hon. Friend. On the bail-out power that the last Government gave away, we are returning it to the United Kingdom via the European stability mechanism treaty, so we have returned a power. More recently, we have just won an exemption from all EU legislation to make sure that from January 2012 micro-enterprises will not face any new EU regulation at all. (my red for emphasis)

I believe that the definition of micro-enterprise is having less than 10 employees. This would probably include most flying schools that are RFs, rather than the bigger FTOs, it would also encompass the smaller CAMOs/MOs.

To those of you on here who are much better informed on / more involved in all things EASA, is this a genuine reason to be hopeful?

rmcb
8th Dec 2011, 00:02
I shouldn't think so for a minute; he should concentrate on helping the 17 get their books straight - that will help the UK economy most of all.

He cannot go with a shopping list to this friday's meeting - that would make us look petty, pathetic and stupid to the rest of the world. Save those fights for another day.

Sad, but true, IMHO.

mikehallam
8th Dec 2011, 10:01
Mme Merkosi has cried 'Wolf' so often I imagine D. Cameron is not going to be flushed out that easily.

The French are currently electioneering, so they talk with forked tongue.

Going to see what crisis upon last minute apocalypse projection they come up with first seems appropriate. Then with due thought, deciding on best action.

However Politics affects our own man's mind too, which may not accord with the growing groundswell of anti EU Rule feeling in Albion.

mike hallam.

rmcb
8th Dec 2011, 10:11
They all know what needs to be done, they just don't know how to get re-elected.

It's all politics - what we need is someone with balls to tell it how it is. And do whatever is necessary - unlikely with the craven morons that we elect.

Crash one
8th Dec 2011, 10:24
The only way it will change is when someone parks a spacecraft the size of Belgium over Whitehall & says "This is how you behave!".

peterh337
8th Dec 2011, 10:27
I doubt the EU really will collapse, as they all like to claim, if the Euro hits the buffers.

Any business of any size (even my tiny one) has to deal with different currencies. One cannot just export to the Eurozone. So "business" will take it in its stride.

I think the real reason Germany is desperate to hold onto the Euro is because they get a massive export advantage from the exchange rate at which they adopted it, currently resulting in ~50% of their GDP being exported. This has enabled them to make loads of money by flogging BMWs and Mercs to the newly-rich southern European countries who were having a fantastic Mexican party on the money they borrowed from German and French banks :)

When the dust settles, you will have a pile of BMWs and Mercs parked around southern Europe, and the income, VAT and corporation taxes paid by the German and French companies during the heyday will have been partly used up to rescue the banks whose money paid for it :)

And southern Europe will revert back to its traditional existence, continuing the massive corruption, only this time a lot of them will be poorer than before because those who should be taxed cannot be for the most part because they have fingers in all the pies.

Weird how the world runs :)

I don't see EASA stopping their quest to dominate the place with pointless regulation.

flybymike
8th Dec 2011, 12:09
Hello new boy.

I think the real reason Germany is desperate to hold onto the Euro is because they get a massive export advantage from the exchange rate at which they adopted it, currently resulting in ~50% of their GDP being exported. This has enabled them to make loads of money by flogging BMWs and Mercs to the newly-rich southern European countries who were having a fantastic Mexican party on the money they borrowed from German and French banks

So the Germans lent money to the Mexicans to buy German cars with?:confused::)

patowalker
8th Dec 2011, 13:18
So the Germans lent money to the Mexicans to buy German cars with?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gifHe mentioned the southern Europeans having a Mexican party, not the Germans lending to the Mexicans. Google "piņata" and you will see what he means by a Mexican party.

Justiciar
8th Dec 2011, 13:19
Mexico has joined the EU then? Seem to have missed that one.

flybymike
8th Dec 2011, 13:29
My pathetic attempts at humour need to be more obvious.

mikehallam
9th Dec 2011, 22:20
It's a long way yet from today's surprise, but to me welcome result, to our being able to disentangle ourselves form the Eu web.

I suspect Mr Sarkosy with his sycophants was delighted to cock a snook at GB & then coerce the rest of the rabbits by threats.

Albion has the power & will to prosper more free, rather than bound.

As for 'isolated', we have World trade and long links with the USA; perhaps more a case of 'the Continent cut off from England' !

mike hallam

cct
9th Dec 2011, 23:23
Fog in channel - Europe cut off ?

The Heff
9th Dec 2011, 23:25
What actually happened at the talks yesterday? The last I heard was that David Cameron was adrift and keeping the rest of the EU waiting; have the talks come to a close? Has he agreed on a new treaty, or are the eurozone going to create their own fiscal union under a Franco-German leadership?

I doubt that EASA was discussed.

peterh337
10th Dec 2011, 10:46
I do admire Cameron :ok: A rare man with balls.

France's Nicolas Sarkozy argued that much of the financial crisis was down to a lack of regulation

What complete and total boollox. Europe's financial crisis has been caused by the North African countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland) having had a huge great party on money borrowed from Germany and France. Being in the Euro made this easy, but made a solution (which has to be a default) intractable.

We live in interesting times :)

It won't affect the EASA gravy train and everybody hanging onto it, but it might make them a little bit more reasonable.

AN2 Driver
10th Dec 2011, 21:15
Yes, Peter, Cameron's performance was a mighty breath of fresh air.

It's encouraging to see a British PM stand up and clearly tell those who are trying to re-organize the EU under their own control where to a) get off and b) make it clear to them that Britan will not stand for a pencil constitution which gets changed every time the smelly stuff hit's the fan.

What you describe as the "party" had system of course. Germany knew darn well what they were doing when they allowed this to happen, so that they could then storm in and basically take over the place with regulations which basically gives them the power to do what two world wars failed to provide, control over Europe.

It's funny, many years ago a history teacher of mine told us in class that the EU would prevail exactly until that time when one of the big 3 (UK,FR,GER) would find out that they were NOT running the show single handed? Well, the UK has found out and Cameron pulled the CAPS so to speak :)

Will this lead to the UK being expelled or voluntarily leave the EU? It might well. IF it does, it will mean that others will follow and possibly the whole utopia will finally crash and fall apart. If it does, I reckon there might be a real chance for some less "head in the clouds" people to pick up the pieces and make a new effort to create something the original EEC was designed to be, an Economical Free Trade zone rather than the US of Europe. Free and independent nations doing mutual trade but remaining to be sovereign countries.

What Merkel and Sarkozy have now imposed on the Union as of yesterday is not that, but the almost final step into turning the EU into something which did exist not too long ago a bit further East. It is as anti democratic as it will ever get and it is de facto giving Germany and to a lesser extent France the complete authority to push the remainder of the members around at will. Not my vision of a prosperous Europe.

GeeWhizz
10th Dec 2011, 21:21
Oooooh I like this thread! So....

When does the United Kingdom become the 51st State, bow to the FAA and adhere to FARs?

Pull the pin and......

Sir George Cayley
11th Dec 2011, 13:19
I think some Americans already believe we're in their Union.:eek:

I know, lets ask the Republican candidates:ok:

At least we could have EAA Experimental permits.

SGC

proudprivate
12th Dec 2011, 08:45
When does the United Kingdom become the 51st State, bow to the FAA and adhere to FARs?

I think it's going to be renamed to "Airstrip One". :)

I doubt that EASA was discussed.

I very much doubt that too. "You see, Nicolas, this 50 Billion contribution of ours to the stability fund is not really a problem, but I'd like to talk to you about this Cologne Agency..."

Will this lead to the UK being expelled or voluntarily leave the EU?

No it won't. There is a difference between not buying into something that would be truly detrimental to the UK (and which any sensible UK PM would refuse to do) and leaving the Union (which I think would really be detrimental to UK).

mikehallam
12th Dec 2011, 12:48
However, don't forget in the early days of EEC membership we shat all over New Zealand and Australia.

We were forced to cut them off by quotas/tariffs which lost them us as a prime market for lamb & butter, whilst we began to pay through the nose for local (i.e. Eu) dairy produce & still do.

Why ?

The EEC is biassed towards & heavily protects French & German agricultural producers.

If we could really turn the clock back :O there are plenty of English speaking countries we can recommence increased in/out trade with. Remember the Commonwealth is still a strong entity, we should be grateful for this aspect of our heritage

Removing at least one layer of EU beaurocacy would save UK billions and silly pan-Europe 'fit all but suit few' rulings needn't continue to erupt & trouble us.

I realise it's all pie in the sky; U.K Politicians are already doing their best to undermine D.C's achievement. You'd think we'd stick together & let the German/French entente go it's own way.
Gradually & carefully we could learn to rule ourselves again. Somewhere down the line but perhaps too late now the EASA expense could be dropped too. We might find the FAA system more comprehensive and practical to ally ourselves with. At least it's written in English as its first language !

mike hallam.

flybymike
12th Dec 2011, 16:53
So the EAA is effectively just a group of individual aircraft manufacturers?
(who presumably lend assistance and advice in construction?)