PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Emirates

Gutter Airways
7th Dec 2011, 19:54
To move to EK from QR, you have to leave the Middle East for at least a year.

I have read here that similar restrictions apply to other airlines such as Etihad and Gulf Air. Can anyone confirm this and provide more details?

Plenty of guys at QR interested in EK but looking at a way around the non-poaching agreement. Is a side step to another carrier in the Middle East an option?

Punchespilot
8th Dec 2011, 17:25
There is no restriction moving from Qatar to Ethiad. 2 boeing first officers recently moved across.i

Apparently, Emirates have lifted the restriction for the 1 year wait from Qatar to Emirates... !

z.saghir007
9th Dec 2011, 10:37
Hi
congratulations on your move, i was just wondering if you could help me, i would like to train in the U.A.E.
if you could advise me some places to train also any college degrees you would require to become a airline pilot. please help me because i would like to become a pilot for emirates too.
also what aircraft do you fly for emirates?

thank you for taking your time out to read my message
hope you can help
Zain

Gutter Airways
9th Dec 2011, 11:44
Punchespilot, I have heard that rumour about the non-poaching agreement being scrapped on and off in the time that I have been at QR.

I should have made my question more clear in my original post. I was proposing, as a way around the one year rule, is it possible to move to say Etihad or Gulf Air, and from there to move to Emirates?

Do guys move from Etihad or Gulf Air to Emirates?

CAVnotOK
9th Dec 2011, 14:57
Unless you put your Apps in, you'll never know.

Now's the best possible time to find out for sure, if you don't hear anything, then it's probably true.

Cav.